Poll

Toronto are in the Finals. If Kawhi leaves this summer, was the trade worth it?

Yes, but only if he leads them to a Championship
10 (27%)
Yes, it's worth it just making the Finals
25 (67.6%)
No, it wasn't worth it if he's going to leave after a season no matter the result
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Toronto are in the Finals. If Kawhi leaves this summer, was the trade worth it?  (Read 4242 times)

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Kawhi has led the Raptors to the Finals. If he leaves to join the Clippers or someone else this season, was the trade for him (Derozan + Poetl + first round pick)  worth it? Or does he need to win a Championship for the price to have been right?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I vote yes if they win it all..Toronto 1st NBA title, they probably build a statue of Leonard
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
I vote yes if they win it all..Toronto 1st NBA title, they probably build a statue of Leonard

Makes you think, if we go all in on AD even with no Kyrie, and give up our young assets, if he wins us a championship would it have been worth it if he leaves to join the Lakers after?

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Yes. Because it also allowed Toronto an out of DeRozan's contract.

It's the same reason why the Kyrie trade is worth it for me even if he bails like a coward. Whatever contract we gave Isaiah, even assuming he didn't injure his hip, I'm not sure he would have been worth it.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The Raps were going nowhere and went nowhere with DeRozan.

KAwhi going there changed the culture of that team.

If he leaves, Ujiri will dump all the vets for picks and young players.

Ujiri knows talent.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Makes you think, if we go all in on AD even with no Kyrie, and give up our young assets, if he wins us a championship would it have been worth it if he leaves to join the Lakers after?

It's always worth it if you get a championship. Do you think those old Marlins teams regret going for it in '97 and '03? When you have an opportunity to acquire top talent and they actually bring you a championship, all you can do is celebrate like crazy...and then hope for the best next year.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

Ujiri knows talent.

Yeah, it's already worth it. They don't make the Finals without Kawhi. Even if he leaves, they've gone farther with him than they ever would've without. Even if he leaves, that core would've been done or close to it after this year anyway.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Kawhi has led the Raptors to the Finals. If he leaves to join the Clippers or someone else this season, was the trade for him (Derozan + Poetl + first round pick)  worth it? Or does he need to win a Championship for the price to have been right?

The trade was worth it if the Raptors win the Championship.

If they win, does he stay in TOR or go home to LA?

If they lose, does he stay in TOR or go home to LA?

I think either way he probably re-signs with Toronto.

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

Ujiri knows talent.

Yeah, it's already worth it. They don't make the Finals without Kawhi. Even if he leaves, they've gone farther with him than they ever would've without. Even if he leaves, that core would've been done or close to it after this year anyway.

So if we give up Tatum + Brown + Smart for AD and he takes us to the Finals next year, would it be worth it even if he leaves after? I'm finding it a tough question  :-\

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Ujiri knows talent.

So if we give up Tatum + Brown + Smart for AD and he takes us to the Finals next year, would it be worth it even if he leaves after? I'm finding it a tough question  :-\

Boston's situation is not the same as the Raptors. The Raptors window was closing with DeRozan the Celtics are a very young team. You do not blow up a young core for a one year rental unless that rental wins you a chip.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's already worth it, they broke through their playoff woes and their rabid fan base gets a Finals appearance. Everything else is playing with house money.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Easily

Even if Leonard walks

He helped put Toronto on the map

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Toronto were known as playoff chokers before they traded for Kawhi.  Easily worth it no matter what.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I hope leonard walks

But its looking like... less and less likely

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Kawhi has come to end the Warriors Dynasty we are in going to witness one of the greatest NBA finals...

through 5 years of Warrior dominance they have never played a defense like Toronto Kawhi stopped LeBron from a 3-peat can he topple Durant and Currys 3-peat?

if he does he's pretty much the best.