Author Topic: Celtics (37-15) at Rockets (33-20) Game #53 2/11/20  (Read 51070 times)

Re: Celtics (37-15) at Rockets (33-20) Game #53 2/11/20
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 05:43:22 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Jaylen Brown really need to watch out for Harden pump fakes.
He tends to fall for them often .

I wonder what their initial assignments would be. Im thinking Jaylen checks westbrick and Tatum on Harden.

With Jaylen's tendencies, he might get into early foul trouble if hes checking harden. Harden isnt really explosive so I think Tatum and his length will be good matchup. Westbrick meanwhile can be matched up athletically by Brown and isnt as crafty as Harden.
I feel like Harden is wayyyyy too strong for Tatum to have a chance. Anyone we put on him will get fouls, but I think JB is the matchup

I think Brown is fine but I didnt want to risk him on Harden at the start. Tatum seems to be more careful with biting into pump fakes.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 07:54:43 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Heavy does of Kanter?

Maybe, but on the other hand he may just get run right off the floor. If he looks good in his first few minutes we probably see plenty of him, but I could also see him playing <10 minutes, with Grant getting 20+
At the very least, C's have a height advantage for a change..

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 08:39:34 AM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
This will be an interesting game, very excited to watch tonight.  Smart v Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1a4CnOtVn0U&feature=emb_logo

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 08:45:57 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
This will be an interesting game, very excited to watch tonight.  Smart v Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1a4CnOtVn0U&feature=emb_logo

Is it just me or does Smart look leaner there? Probably because of the hair?

Also Tatum looks way bigger this year.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 08:57:03 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
This is definitely one of those games where Kanter shouldn't play much. We can't afford to give up open 3pt shots on pick and rolls.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 09:31:22 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Super excited for this one because we might actually be able to play our best 5 for long stretches. It's always a battle with Houston the last few years. Let's snatch another tough road win before the break!

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I wonder what their initial assignments would be. Im thinking Jaylen checks westbrick and Tatum on Harden.

With Jaylen's tendencies, he might get into early foul trouble if hes checking harden. Harden isnt really explosive so I think Tatum and his length will be good matchup. Westbrick meanwhile can be matched up athletically by Brown and isnt as crafty as Harden.
Brad like never gives Tatum the initial toughest player to guard at the 2-4 positions. It's Brown that gets those assignments.

And wow, the severe overstating of Jaylen going for pump fakes is off the charts here!

Yes, he still does it but so does almost everyone. His rate of doing it isn't anywhere close to being a problem or to the point of needing to be moved off someone because of it.

I fully expect Brown to be the person starting out guarding Harden. Tatum, as usual, will get the easier initial player to guard.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 05:22:28 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

Brad like never gives Tatum the initial toughest player to guard at the 2-4 positions. It's Brown that gets those assignments.

And wow, the severe overstating of Jaylen going for pump fakes is off the charts here!

Yes, he still does it but so does almost everyone. His rate of doing it isn't anywhere close to being a problem or to the point of needing to be moved off someone because of it.

I fully expect Brown to be the person starting out guarding Harden. Tatum, as usual, will get the easier initial player to guard.

Smart will also get a ton of time on Harden. He matches up really well with him. I feel like Westbrook is the tougher match up for the Celtics.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Brad has been putting Tatum on PGs recently as well. You dont have to get too defensive over it, I am a Brown supporter too.

I also am worried about his ankle.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Brad has been putting Tatum on PGs recently as well. You dont have to get too defensive over it, I am a Brown supporter too.

I know you are it just seems I have seen this criticism a bunch recently and let it get to me a bit. Sorry bout that.

I think Stevens likes having Tatum playing the lesser offensive players to help conserve him a bit to use his energy on offense. And honestly, can't argue with the results.

Of course, with this switch everything defense, who you start guarding is less important as who you end up guarding on any given possession. This is why the C's will be so dangerous in the playoffs. They really can switch everything and have little drop off in overall quality of defense.

Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Theis is a very, very scary switch everything unit.

Oh, and have some TPs.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:05:36 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I was made aware by others that today I posted my 40,000th post.

In celebration, every post in this thread gets a TP from me.

Let's go Celtics ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

EDIT: Except my posts, of course.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I know you are it just seems I have seen this criticism a bunch recently and let it get to me a bit. Sorry bout that.

I think Stevens likes having Tatum playing the lesser offensive players to help conserve him a bit to use his energy on offense. And honestly, can't argue with the results.

Of course, with this switch everything defense, who you start guarding is less important as who you end up guarding on any given possession. This is why the C's will be so dangerous in the playoffs. They really can switch everything and have little drop off in overall quality of defense.

Smart/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Theis is a very, very scary switch everything unit.

Oh, and have some TPs.
Brad definitely does that. Also allows Tatum to sort of float around on defence, similar to what Giannis does (obviously without that insane frame + athleticism), whereas Brown gets a more "stay-at-home" type of assignment.

Both as important as one another for my mind. I don't think either would do as well if they swapped their roles. Add in Theis' rim-protection, Hayward's all-round solid defence and Kemba's ability to take charges and poke the ball loose, and you have a nasty starting lineup.

Then, of course, a DPOY candidate off the bench helps!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Jaylen Brown should definitely start on Harden. Not only is he the best on-ball defender in the starting lineup, Harden's off-ball movement (or lack there of) is better for Brown's occasional brain farts on defense. He'll have to watch the pump fakes too, like countless other people have said already.☘️
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:14:29 PM by nickagneta »
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Jaylen Brown should definitely start on Harden. Not only is he the best on-ball defender in the starting lineup, Harden's off-ball movement (or lack there of) is better for Brown's occasional brain farts on defense. He'll have to watch the pump fakes too, like countless other people have said already.☘️

In a game like this, it's good to have a lock-down, tremendous athlete for a guy like Harden who is so important to his team's entire offense. And even better that a guy like Tatum is also a tremendous off-ball defender.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If I'm being completely honest, I think I'm more frightened of Westbrook right now. Over his last 10 he's averaging 34/9/8, massively cutting down on his 3PA's and shooting over 50% from the field. Gotta try and stop him. Marcus might be the answer
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)