Author Topic: Celts targeting Darius Garland?  (Read 3824 times)

Re: Celts targeting Darius Garland?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Unless the offer is something like Brown plus 14, I doubt that New Orleans bites. I don't think that we would ever do that.

First I will say, I hate the idea of trading a unproven draft pick.

In this case I really hate the idea. Brown is going into his 4th year. He's a proven player, who I see improving each year.
If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about trading not only him, but also a first round pick for the Garland, Who hardly played last year. He would be the 4th pick in a 3 player draft.

Hard pass for me.

The thought process behind trading Brown for the 4th, according to the experts, is that while it's not a great deal for us it makes the decision of not having to pay him 20-25 million next year.
It sounds like Ainge might be going full on rebuild, and doesnt want to be tied down with a large Brown contract.

Do you really think he's in line for that kind of contract? While I think he has a lot of potential, I can't see having to pay him that kind of money.

Of course, I'm old, so I can't believe breakfast cost like $10 when I go out.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Unless the offer is something like Brown plus 14, I doubt that New Orleans bites. I don't think that we would ever do that.

First I will say, I hate the idea of trading a unproven draft pick.

In this case I really hate the idea. Brown is going into his 4th year. He's a proven player, who I see improving each year.
If I'm not mistaken, you are talking about trading not only him, but also a first round pick for the Garland, Who hardly played last year. He would be the 4th pick in a 3 player draft.

Hard pass for me.

The thought process behind trading Brown for the 4th, according to the experts, is that while it's not a great deal for us it makes the decision of not having to pay him 20-25 million next year.
It sounds like Ainge might be going full on rebuild, and doesnt want to be tied down with a large Brown contract.

Do you really think he's in line for that kind of contract? While I think he has a lot of potential, I can't see having to pay him that kind of money.

Of course, I'm old, so I can't believe breakfast cost like $10 when I go out.

All under the assumption he takes the leap this year we expect him to. If he does, he is absolutely worth 20-25 mil in todays NBA.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 04:12:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Further thought here:

Have to consider offering Brown for the 4th pick to take Garland. Ainge reportedly very high on the kid, who has been likened to Dame Lillard.

Have to assume Pels would do that trade, given his positioning flexibility, non-ball dominant, and great character. It would be a huge risk for us, but if Ainge pulls trigger, have to assume he's done his DD and concluded Garland the real deal. Would really help balance our roster at PG and wings. Move on from Rozier.

Still need a center. Draft and/or Adams contract our best bets IMO.

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Garland could very well be the best player in this draft; I doubt any trades, or he drops too low.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 04:32:36 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
If Ainge winds up with a late 1st, or maybe even at 22, he should consider Jordan Bone. Dominated athletic tests at the Combine, and 6'3 in shoes. Inconsistent outside shooter, but not terrible.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Further thought here:

Have to consider offering Brown for the 4th pick to take Garland. Ainge reportedly very high on the kid, who has been likened to Dame Lillard.

Have to assume Pels would do that trade, given his positioning flexibility, non-ball dominant, and great character. It would be a huge risk for us, but if Ainge pulls trigger, have to assume he's done his DD and concluded Garland the real deal. Would really help balance our roster at PG and wings. Move on from Rozier.

Still need a center. Draft and/or Adams contract our best bets IMO.

Not a chance imo.

Brown and tatum is already known to compliment each other beautifully and next years draft is very point guard heavy. So in no way do you trade a known player for a maybe when next years draft has far superior pg prospects and team has 2 picks and an expiring hayward to work with.

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
If we could get trade up to four without giving up Tatum or Brown, I’d do it no questions asked. I highly doubt that will be the case, though.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 12:41:03 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
looks like we couldn't move up.

maybe we sign d'angelo russell.

i don't think we have any veteran bigs after shipping off baynes and horford leaving so this might be a big problem for us.

we drafted two more 6'6 players, a wing and a power forward.  omg is the yabusele experiment finally over just to be replaced by yabu 2.0?

okie danny... what's the plan here?

PPS why didn't we take a swing at Bol Bol.  Is he that bad?  Him and Williams could have made quite the long frontcourt.