Author Topic: NBA Season 2014-2015  (Read 347399 times)

Re: NBA Season 2014-2015
« Reply #585 on: December 04, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
If the Ainge offered the entire team and all the picks alongside a lifetime supply of fried clams...could he get Davis?

« Reply #586 on: December 05, 2014, 01:27:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
That said, the referees really bailed the Cavs out that game.

Also worth noting: some of the color commentary brought up the fact that Cleveland fouls the least in the entire league. Gee.

« Reply #587 on: December 05, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
If the Ainge offered the entire team and all the picks alongside a lifetime supply of fried clams...could he get Davis?

Is that a rhetorical question? ;D

« Reply #588 on: December 05, 2014, 01:41:34 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Irving is probably the 2nd best 2-guard in the NBA. I mean, jeez. Some of his finishes.

Who's the best point guard, then?  CP3?  Parker?  Rose?  I honestly believe that Rondo is the best, but I'm biased lol.  Are the Cavs still losing to the Knicks lol ;D, with Amare in the starting lineup? :o  It's crisis time for Cleveland haha, because this is just getting pathetic ;D, although I am obviously thoroughly enjoying it ;D.

Then you aren't really being honest, are you?

As for the Cavs, they've won 4 in a row, not counting what happens tonight. They're 9-7 and the Heat that first year started 9-8. Not really "crisis time".

Being honest with who - you?  I know that his individual offense has been sub par thus far, but there's no other point guard that I'd rather have.  At the very least, he's brought out the best in a lot of these guys every night.  Do I wish that he'd develop a killer crossover and other one-on-one moves?  Yeah, but I'd rather have that as the problem instead of having a point guard who never passes, for whatever reason, like Kyrie, Rose, or Westbrook, but it's okay do disagree :).  No big deal.  Maybe someone just needs to remind Rondo that it's okay to score, lol ;D, and that he can, and has, taken over in the most critical moments in the biggest games.

I would probably rank Rondo 10th among current PGs, 11th if you consider Bledsoe a PG, tied for 10th if you consider Dragic and PG, and then obviously tied for 11th if you consider both Bledsoe and Dragic to be PGs. I have him as worse than CP3, Rose, Curry, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Lillard, [Bledsoe], Parker and then equal to Dragic. I have him as slightly above guys such as Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, etc.

I believe Rondo on a team uniquely suited for him is can be more impactful than Parker and Bledsoe but he's not a guy that can make any team a playoff contender like CP3, Rose, Curry or Westbrook.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #589 on: December 05, 2014, 02:07:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Irving is probably the 2nd best 2-guard in the NBA. I mean, jeez. Some of his finishes.

Who's the best point guard, then?  CP3?  Parker?  Rose?  I honestly believe that Rondo is the best, but I'm biased lol.  Are the Cavs still losing to the Knicks lol ;D, with Amare in the starting lineup? :o  It's crisis time for Cleveland haha, because this is just getting pathetic ;D, although I am obviously thoroughly enjoying it ;D.

As for the Cavs, they've won 4 in a row, not counting what happens tonight. They're 9-7 and the Heat that first year started 9-8. Not really "crisis time".

Being honest with who - you?  I know that his individual offense has been sub par thus far, but there's no other point guard that I'd rather have.  At the very least, he's brought out the best in a lot of these guys every night.  Do I wish that he'd develop a killer crossover and other one-on-one moves?  Yeah, but I'd rather have that as the problem instead of having a point guard who never passes, for whatever reason, like Kyrie, Rose, or Westbrook, but it's okay do disagree :).  No big deal.  Maybe someone just needs to remind Rondo that it's okay to score, lol ;D, and that he can, and has, taken over in the most critical moments in the biggest games.

I would probably rank Rondo 10th among current PGs, 11th if you consider Bledsoe a PG, tied for 10th if you consider Dragic and PG, and then obviously tied for 11th if you consider both Bledsoe and Dragic to be PGs. I have him as worse than CP3, Rose, Curry, Westbrook, Wall, Irving, Lillard, [Bledsoe], Parker and then equal to Dragic. I have him as slightly above guys such as Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, etc.

I believe Rondo on a team uniquely suited for him is can be more impactful than Parker and Bledsoe but he's not a guy that can make any team a playoff contender like CP3, Rose, Curry or Westbrook.

That low?  Wow.  I know that there are a lot of great point guards in the NBA right now, but 10th?  Geesh, tough crowd ;D.  I did like something about your list, however - Deron Williams isn't even on it ahaha ;D (not that he deserves to be).  Man, has that guy's game fallen off the planet or what, lol?  Poor KG and Joe. 

Btw, I liked your old avatar of Scal and Smart Brother ;D.  Why'd you change it?

« Reply #590 on: December 05, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

That low?  Wow.  I know that there are a lot of great point guards in the NBA right now, but 10th?  Geesh, tough crowd ;D.  I did like something about your list, however - Deron Williams isn't even on it ahaha ;D (not that he deserves to be).  Man, has that guy's game fallen off the planet or what, lol?  Poor KG and Joe. 

Btw, I liked your old avatar of Scal and Smart Brother ;D.  Why'd you change it?

Haha, yeah I actually meant to mention D-Will in that group of PGs I'd put right below Rondo. But man, he has fallen off. Crazy that he was a consensus top three PG with the Jazz. Is Coach Sloan that underrated?

Lol, we're at war with the Sully-deniers! I must show which side I'm fighting on.  ;D

edit: TP for even remembering what my avatar was. I always thought the picture was so small that no one even knew what it was.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #591 on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Haha, yeah I actually meant to mention D-Will in that group of PGs I'd put right below Rondo. But man, he has fallen off. Crazy that he was a consensus top three PG with the Jazz. Is Coach Sloan that underrated?

Lol, we're at war with the Sully-deniers! I must show which side I'm fighting on.  ;D

edit: TP for even remembering what my avatar was. I always thought the picture was so small that no one even knew what it was.

Well, if he is, that's a real shame.  Thanks for the TP, btw, haha, but what is a Sully-denier?  Are we talking about people on here (which is what I'm assuming), or the guys who reject him at the rim, haha (obviously, that last part is sarcastic ;D).

« Reply #592 on: December 05, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
WOW - the Nets are losing by 21 points to the Hawks in Brooklyn right now :o, and KG is playing :'(.  Ugh.  Screw Kobe - Garnett and Joe are the ones who deserve better.  Sigh.

« Reply #593 on: December 05, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Knicks nearly completed a big comeback but got beaten at the buzzer, bad luck.  :D
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Knicks nearly completed a big comeback but got beaten at the buzzer, bad luck.  :D

or some might say good luck

« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That's nuts.  Most of those guys you rank above Rondo are shooters playing the PG position. I find it remarkable that Rondo can average 10-12 apg on this lousy team. I rank him about 4th behind CP3, Rose and Curry. 

« Reply #596 on: December 05, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

Ha, indeed.

Do all the probable lottery teams in the East own their first round picks this year?
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #597 on: December 05, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Ha, indeed.

Do all the probable lottery teams in the East own their first round picks this year?

Maybe Brooklyn isn't a probable lotto team, but I wouldn't be shocked if they wound up outside the playoffs looking in. The Hawks can swap with them.

« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

Ha, indeed.

Maybe Brooklyn isn't a probable lotto team, but I wouldn't be shocked if they wound up outside the playoffs looking in. The Hawks can swap with them.

Thank you, TP for the info. Last season's tanking race was made all the more interesting by the amount of teams who didn't own their first round pick. Looks like it's more straight forward this year.

« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2014, 09:56:21 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Philly might grab a 2nd win of the season against Pistons.