Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 417410 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #735 on: May 02, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I was thinking could Danny have been brought back by the priestess/witch when she went into fire? I always thought Danny simply didnt burn but after last episode Im doubting things. Though it was not her intention Maz Duur the priestess' was indeed chanting when in the fire with Danny and she was said to practice "Asshai blood magic". If it was prayer that brought back Snow and the other people resurrected we may have missed the connection of the red gods prayer from that priestess. Im go back to rewatch scene and hear her chant at some point. I want to see if any of her words are the same.

Also if Danny is red god resurrected is there a seven connection to the red gods resurrections? As in only those who represent the seven can be brought back? I know in GOT lore some religions legends cross over. So looking at the seven also being resurrection we could have

Danny=Mother, mother of dragons. Called Mother.
Stone heart=Crone, foresight/wisdom. She warned of things.
Donndarrian=Father, justice and judgment.
Snow=Warrior, strength and courage in battle.

Possible other seven living embodiments
Breanne=Maiden, protector of purity, beauty and so on. She wore a red dress when fighting the bear. She protects Sansa and Jamie. She is a maiden.

Arrya=Stranger, she is becoming know one.

Tyrion=Smith, gives workers strength to complete their task. He helps Snow and many others come to terms with themselves to do their jobs. He also keeps two cities running despite the chaos.

Interesting if true.

« Reply #736 on: May 02, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I know.  That is what I was saying.  No Targaryans have ever been resurrected to my knowledge.  Why would him coming back make him a Targaryan?

« Reply #737 on: May 02, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I know.  That is what I was saying.  No Targaryans have ever been resurrected to my knowledge.  Why would him coming back make him a Targaryan?
You are making a connection that isn't necessarily there though. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #738 on: May 02, 2016, 10:55:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think coming back will make him a Targaryan, I think what we will see next week at the tower of Joy will make it clear he's a Targaryan.

However, in the book, Melisandre wasn't at the wall when Jon died, so I think the show went in a different direction in how they brought Jon back than the book will.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #739 on: May 02, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
You are making a connection that isn't necessarily there though.
I dont blame people for questioning Snow's heritage since not a lot of solid concrete proof yet. On my stuff I am 100% making some wild and unnecessary connections between the seven and red god. Doesn't matter if red god works only on the seven. Or if the characters represent the seven. It's all theory till its reveled and explained. It's good to have Snow back. Someone who is more focus on the realm getting together to fight the white walkers than for gaining power.

« Reply #740 on: May 02, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Jon Snow is really the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister, hence her appearance in Bran's flashback today) and Rhaegar Targaryean (Dany's oldest brother, not the ****bag one killed on the show). He's debatably the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryean) personified and almost definitely the hero of the whole story. So there was never really anyway he was ever dead for good.

Melisandre is some sort of witch who has magic powers and was able to bring him back.

As for the dead girl, that was Jamie and Cersei's daughter Myrcella, killed in season 5's finale by the Dornish women.
yeah that's clearly where it's going.  The only reason it wouldn't go in that direction is because everyone has already guessed it and they want to have some arbitrary surprises.  But that would be really bad storytelling. The whole story has built towards that reveal.
We have Martin to thank to sticking to the plan despite guesses. He clues readers and wants to reward them. He said he would never change things for the sake of keeping readers off balance. He says that isn't honoring the readers or fans. Many other writers would have absolutely switched things up to keep people guessing longer.

Exactly. It's a complete myth that Martin kills off his main characters. People have just really been blind to who they are. I only read the first book (granted it was after watching the first 5 seasons), but it was very apparent from the get-go that Jon, Tyrion, and Dany were the three main characters and even really obvious that Ned wasn't going to last long (it was repeatedly mentioned that his black and white vision of good and evil wasn't a good fit for the world he lived in). And even in book one, they repeatedly had these flashbacks of Ned seeing Lyanna and making her a promise to keep a secret.

So that, coupled with the fact that Lynanna was literally trotted out this episode and in the preview for next week of a young Ned about to fight Rhaegar at the Tower or Joy, all but guarantees that R+L=J.

I don't think that the fact that fire didn't play into his resurrection means anything. He's also half Stark. On top of that, a priestess of the Lord of Light (where fire plays a large role), did bring him back if such a connection was important (though I don't think it is).

I also think even more strongly that Tyrion is the Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. son of the Mad King after his interaction with the dragons. It's looking more and more likely that the three dragon riders will be Dany, Jon, and Tyrion and that they are all Targaryens.

« Reply #741 on: May 02, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I find most theories fun to contemplate. Baby swaps, lineage, true identities. I don't get worked up in any I don't believe because what I do believe can easily be wrong.

« Reply #742 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I don't think coming back will make him a Targaryan, I think what we will see next week at the tower of Joy will make it clear he's a Targaryan.

However, in the book, Melisandre wasn't at the wall when Jon died, so I think the show went in a different direction in how they brought Jon back than the book will.
I'm pretty sure she is there.  In fact, I don't think she ever left.

« Reply #743 on: May 02, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So that, coupled with the fact that Lynanna was literally trotted out this episode and in the preview for next week of a young Ned about to fight Rhaegar at the Tower or Joy, all but guarantees that R+L=J.
He's fighting several of the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy not Rhaegar.

Robert kills Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident. Unless they massively changed that from the books, I think Robert mentions that he killed Rhaeger in the show. Some line about how he wishes he could kill him again.

« Reply #744 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

It's been a long time since I read the books so I'm not sure of her location when he dies. But I remember thinking that she wasn't there when he died.

After Jon receives a taunting letter, he notices that Melisandre is absent when he asks for volunteers in confronting Ramsay south at Winterfell. The Lord Commander is then stabbed by some of his own men in the mutiny at Castle Black

This is in the chapter summary on the GoT Wiki
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #745 on: May 02, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

It's been a long time since I read the books so I'm not sure of her location when he dies. But I remember thinking that she wasn't there when he died.

After Jon receives a taunting letter, he notices that Melisandre is absent when he asks for volunteers in confronting Ramsay south at Winterfell. The Lord Commander is then stabbed by some of his own men in the mutiny at Castle Black

This is in the chapter summary on the GoT Wiki
Absent from the volunteers, but I'm pretty sure she is at the Wall.

« Reply #746 on: May 02, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Jon Snow coming back  was obvious to anyone but a blatant Dany supporter, whose support for her blinded them.
I kind of expect her to be the last big shocking death. 

Jon gonna get his family dragons and beat down some ice zombies on his way to the throne.

« Reply #747 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Jon Snow coming back  was obvious to anyone but a blatant Dany supporter, whose support for her blinded them.

Jon gonna get his family dragons and beat down some ice zombies on his way to the throne.
Either could die, but if they do I expect it to be while riding a dragon battling the walkers. Lots of references to three dragons with three riders in the books and show.

« Reply #748 on: May 02, 2016, 03:15:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I find most theories fun to contemplate. Baby swaps, lineage, true identities. I don't get worked up in any I don't believe because what I do believe can easily be wrong.

It just makes more sense that Jon is the son of a Dayne and Stark rather than a Targaryan and a Stark.  Dayne's are still Valaryan.  Ned and Brandon both loved Ashara who had dark hair, making it more believable that Jon came out with dark hair.  All the Targaryan out of wedlock children (if there were only a shorter word for that the filters didn't *) still had silver hair.  Tyrion in the books has silver hair with black streaks in it like most of the out of wedlock children and even the mismatched eyes of Shiera. 

But lets think it through.  Ned goes and finds Lyanna bleeding out after giving birth.  Promises her to keep little baby Targaryan safe.  If the baby has Stark hair and eyes, no problem.  Ned goes home.  But he doesn't go home.  He keeps going south all the way to Starfall, to take the Dayne family sword back to his sister, Ashara, who he loves, trusts, and perhaps believes has or had a child of his or Brandon's.  I'm not even sure he killed Arthur Dayne.  Why would he?  For protecting his sister?  And the Dayne family LOVES Ned Stark.  Why?  For killing their son, leaving his bones in a mound of rocks, making their daughter kill herself, but he did bring back that sword, swell guy.  But anyway.

So he and Wylla, the wet nurse go off to Starfall way south, like all the way south in Westeros,  to return a sword, something Howland Reed could have done.   He could have taken Dayne's body too, he was going there anyway, but didn't.  Now this child of Ashara's and a Stark, probably Ned's as it would explain a lot more, is pretty likely to have dark hair because Ashara did and Martin is big into hair color showing lineage.   So Ned drops of the sword, says sorry for killing your brother for protector my sister, which btw he was in no way obligated to do, and heads home with a baby and no wet nurse.  Wylla stays.  Did he pick up another wet nurse for the ride home?  He is all the way in the south and has to go all the way back to Winterfell.  That is a long trip for a baby with no baby dinner.  Unless... the baby he took back was older than the one he dropped off.  Who is to say when Ned fathered this baby while fighting this war.  It could have been 7, 8 or 9 months earlier than Lyanna had her baby.  Lyanna's baby and Ned's/Brandon's baby don't have to be anywhere near the same age.  Technically Ned could have fathered it before the war, even before the Harrenhall tourney although that is most assuredly where it happened.   

So he goes back home to Winterfell and listens to his wife give him *&#( for 13 years about cheating on her.  Never mentions to his freaking wife that, hey keep this on the down low but this is really Lyanna's baby, don't spread this around but stop treating Jon like *&#@ because he is the rightful heir to the iron throne.  Why wouldn't you tell your wife?  Makes no sense to punish Jon, your wife, and yourself for doing the noble thing. 

But what if he didn't do the noble thing?  He did father a child with Ashara.   In one of the episodes Caitlynn does ask Ned about Ashara and he snaps that he doesn't want to talk about Jon.

So Jon is going to be Azor Ahai potentially.  Or maybe it will be three people instead of one.  But they need a specific sword to fulfill the prophecy.  Right now Jon is running around with a nice sword.   A Valaryan steel sword Longclaw.  But it is the Mormont's family sword.  At some point Jorah should end up with that sword.  The Stark's family sword has been melted down into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.  He needs the Lightbringer.  If only there was a sword in his family's line that was Valaryan quality but milk white that gave off a dull light, was cool the touch, and made from a comet that fell to the ground 1000s of years ago.  One that was named something cool.... like Lightbringer... or maybe something that is the lightbringer... like Dawn.  Hey, Ned just returned a sword like that to Ashara 13 years ago.  Funny that they need a sword that brings the light, and there is a sword out there named Dawn which is the bringing of the light.  If only Jon were heir to that sword.

« Reply #749 on: May 02, 2016, 04:20:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Either could die, but if they do I expect it to be while riding a dragon battling the walkers. Lots of references to three dragons with three riders in the books and show.
If Jon dies, it's the end of the story.  Imo, the entire thing is basically his heroes journey.  Everyone else is secondary - including Dany.  She exists to reintroduce dragons to the world.  She's not essential to the end game.