Author Topic: Nikola Mirotic agrees 3-year, $17 million deal with the Chicago Bulls  (Read 2650 times)

Re: Nikola Mirotic agrees 3-year, $17 million deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »

fitzhickey

If rose is healthy this team wins the east easily.

Rose
Jimmy butler
Mirotic
Gasol
Noah

That's probably the best starting 5 in the nba. Two great passing bigs , top 3 point guard, and two shooters on the wing.

That's a pretty bold proclamation. We've never seen Mirotic play in the NBA; we have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of player he is going to be. Further, Gasol has been in sharp decline and is only getting older; it isn't clear how much he has left to give. He is no longer a top forward. Jimmy Butler is a great young player, but so far he has not blossomed into a star (I expect he will, but it is impossible to know if he will be ready this season. Last season he was very inconsistent).

Noah is obviously great. I disagree with D-Rose being a top 3 point guard, even when healthy, but still.

It's possible this Bulls roster will be great. I hope it will. But it has 3 glaring unknowns in that starting lineup even without Rose.
Except for the fact that his decline is very overstated.

His per36 numbers from last season are equal to what he was doing in 2010-11. When he made the allstar team. I still think he is a very good big man

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
If rose is healthy this team wins the east easily.

Rose
Jimmy butler
Mirotic
Gasol
Noah

That's probably the best starting 5 in the nba. Two great passing bigs , top 3 point guard, and two shooters on the wing.

That's a pretty bold proclamation. We've never seen Mirotic play in the NBA; we have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of player he is going to be. Further, Gasol has been in sharp decline and is only getting older; it isn't clear how much he has left to give. He is no longer a top forward. Jimmy Butler is a great young player, but so far he has not blossomed into a star (I expect he will, but it is impossible to know if he will be ready this season. Last season he was very inconsistent).

Noah is obviously great. I disagree with D-Rose being a top 3 point guard, even when healthy, but still.

It's possible this Bulls roster will be great. I hope it will. But it has 3 glaring unknowns in that starting lineup even without Rose.

I understand it's bold, but off the bat, they probably have the best center in the east, which is huge in containing Lebron James as well as jimmy butler to defend him. They just resigned Kirk Hinrich who is also a good on ball defender.

Look at the east aside from them.

If the pacers lose Stephenson, they might have the worst offense in the east no joke, and hibbert drastically declined last year. Also Noah could handle hibbert.

Wizards, are an upcoming team and should be a threat, but if rose is healthy he offsets wall.

Cavaliers, Bulls big men are drastically better. Two 7 footers and also Gibson off the bench.

Believe me, it all falls down to if rose is healthy. If rose is back to that or close to that MVP scoring type point guard that he was. This team is the best team in the east. If he is not. I say they are a top 5 team still.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
Let me add, McDermott dropped 31 today, and they also have Jimmer. Bulls have heavy scoring off the bench. Shooters.