Author Topic: just moved...  (Read 2881 times)

just moved...
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
For school into a city I don't know very well with roommates I don't really know at all. The first day here my phone broke. So I sort of lost all outside contact with those who know me. A friend of mine was supposed to make the commute to see me, but then blew me off. So much for her. There are cars screaming outside my window all night. And my roommate never talks. I'm feeling like I hate this, but I know I need to give it more time. Anyone have any stories of moving to a new place by yourself?

Re: just moved...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Did it all the time in the US ARMY.   I got moved to 4 bases and every time I was all by myself.   I played a lot of sports alone and went out and trained.   I always met guys playing pick up basketball.   But sometimes I did not and I got in great shape which is a plus and help with the ladies so win win.   Radio & CDs helped back in the day too sure Ipod would be the order of the day.     

I am pretty comfortable being alone as well.     I like to read, so if I have a book, I am never bored.   Get people talking about themselves as most people like doing that.  Other people feel the same as you do, I would guess, just have to go out there and make some friends.  If your room mate starts hoarding guns and ammo I would consider moving out JK..

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
You will survive this bro. I too have had my share of relocations in the past. While away your time by doing something productive. Watch a movie, play guitar, etc. It will come to pass (boredom/loneliness);
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
For school into a city I don't know very well with roommates I don't really know at all. The first day here my phone broke. So I sort of lost all outside contact with those who know me. A friend of mine was supposed to make the commute to see me, but then blew me off. So much for her. There are cars screaming outside my window all night. And my roommate never talks. I'm feeling like I hate this, but I know I need to give it more time. Anyone have any stories of moving to a new place by yourself?

When I was 19 I moved from a little town (pop 2k) in North Dakota to Nashville, TN.  Complete culture shock.  I was homesick something awful right away, but after a few months I was fine.  Funny thing about us humans; we're pretty darn adaptable. 

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
You will survive this bro. I too have had my share of relocations in the past. While away your time by doing something productive. Watch a movie, play guitar, etc. It will come to pass (boredom/loneliness);

How do you know KungPao is a bro?

Anyway Kung needs to fix that phone and hang with your buddies on Celticsblog until you start making friends in your new environment. Things usually get better as you get used to your new environment. Until then Celticsblog is here for your. Although it has been one boring summer re the Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Anyway Kung needs to fix that phone and hang with your buddies on Celticsblog until you start making friends in your new environment. Things usually get better as you get used to your new environment. Until then Celticsblog is here for your. Although it has been one boring summer re the Celtics.

He sure writes like a bro
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Homesickness is something that used to be a real big problem for me—there was a time when I couldn't even spend the afternoon at my best friend's house a half mile down the road because I missed home so much.  ;D

I went to college about an hour from home, and that was pretty hard at first, so I went home every weekend, but by my senior year I was going home only about once a month.

Then, on the more extreme end of the spectrum, I fell in love with a California girl and moved from Maine to L.A. County to marry her. Talk about culture shock. It's still hard sometimes to be away from my family, but I've mostly gotten used to it.

Keep your head up, keep trying to make friends, and you'll be okay.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

Wasn't there a poll thread like this a few years ago? Most of the people on Celticsblog were confirmed to be "bros," unless all the girls are hiding.