Author Topic: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?  (Read 18057 times)

Re: Who are my fellow women Celtics Bloggers?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
who cares?!  not to come off rude or anything....but it doesn't matter what demographic fellow posters fall under (at least to me).

If you don't care, how about you exercise the right to not click on this topic since it's not to your liking..I think that would work better than making this comment.

interesting, i would have thought a thread calling out other female posters to identify themselves would appreciate that some on the site look at posters as posters, rather than labeling them by their demographics.

and i can comment on any topic here, just like you.  just because i feel the way i do and it isn't in agreement with you, doesn't mean i shouldn't comment.

Uh the purpose of the thread was specifically to shout out female posters and it's not what you say it's how you say it otherwise you wouldn't have prefaced your sentence with "not trying to be rude". Anytime you have to say that you know what you're about to say is going to come off rude, but that's neither here nor there since your comment wasn't the purpose of the thread anyways. Carry on, comment as you please.

the only reason i said "not to be rude", isnt bc i think what i said was rude, but bc we are typing and not speaking, so the way people can misinterpret the msg.  its the same as using sarcasm online....it sometimes gets misinterpreted bc you cant hear tone, see facial expressions, etc.

lets shout out all the demographics on cb ;D

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
who cares?!  not to come off rude or anything....but it doesn't matter what demographic fellow posters fall under (at least to me).

If you don't care, how about you exercise the right to not click on this topic since it's not to your liking..I think that would work better than making this comment.

interesting, i would have thought a thread calling out other female posters to identify themselves would appreciate that some on the site look at posters as posters, rather than labeling them by their demographics.

and i can comment on any topic here, just like you.  just because i feel the way i do and it isn't in agreement with you, doesn't mean i shouldn't comment.

Uh the purpose of the thread was specifically to shout out female posters and it's not what you say it's how you say it otherwise you wouldn't have prefaced your sentence with "not trying to be rude". Anytime you have to say that you know what you're about to say is going to come off rude, but that's neither here nor there since your comment wasn't the purpose of the thread anyways. Carry on, comment as you please.

the only reason i said "not to be rude", isnt bc i think what i said was rude, but bc we are typing and not speaking, so the way people can misinterpret the msg.  its the same as using sarcasm online....it sometimes gets misinterpreted bc you cant hear tone, see facial expressions, etc.

Cool, start a thread shouting out a specific one and I'd be the 1st to TP and give a "hey"  ;D

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Cool, start a thread shouting out a specific one and I'd be the 1st to TP and give a "hey"  ;D

id have no interest...remember, i said a poster is a poster, regardless of their demographic ;)

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Come on guys (and gals).  This thread has required more moderation than any in recent memory.  Let's keep on track.

Nobody is required to provide a gender -- there's a reason we don't ask people to identify characteristics like that when registering -- but for a lot of people, it's a cool way to feel a deeper connection with their fellow members.  Some folks like anonymity, others like to disclose a little more.  No big deal either way.  Let's preserve that without bickering.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Come on guys (and gals).  This thread has required more moderation than any in recent memory.  Let's keep on track.

Nobody is required to provide a gender -- there's a reason we don't ask people to identify characteristics like that when registering -- but for a lot of people, it's a cool way to feel a deeper connection with their fellow members.  Some folks like anonymity, others like to disclose a little more.  No big deal either way.  Let's preserve that without bickering.

Wow, I definitely didn't think this thread topic would need that much moderation. Especially since it's not really a "hot" topic. I've seen threads that asked where people lived or worked so I didn't think it would be a problem..oh well.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Wow, I definitely didn't think this thread topic would need that much moderation. Especially since it's not really a "hot" topic. I've seen threads that asked where people lived or worked so I didn't think it would be a problem..oh well.

I kind of had a feeling it may go that route which is why I was initially hesitant to post here myself - I tend to find a lot of misogyny accompanies sports fan forums (sometimes intentional, sometimes not) so I usually tend to tread with caution.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »

Kiorrik

DL, LarBrd33 you're nubcakes for spouting such nonsense.

You've got to think about others before you post guys. Think about how your posts will make others feel. Sure, free speech. But I don't go to your mother's funeral to tell everyone I couldn't stand her guts either.

There's a time and place for everything, and *that* was not the time and place to comment on gender-equality.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
a post is a post. Nothing more, no other factors should go into what someone thinks of a certain posters opinions.  I like it.

This is a great website and message board, but gender argument aside, a lot more would have to change on this board to achieve the type of environment mentioned above.  The blog veterans have tons of Stars and Tommy Points to remind you who they are every time they post.  This doesnt change how newcomers to the blog judge their opinions??  It's like getting introduced to a pecking order.

Im not trying to attack the site or anything, like I said this is a great place. It's just funny that we talk about a post being a post and thats it, judge someones opinion with no other factors, or preconceived judgements, with all these other giant red flags floating around before you'd even get to gender.
Greg

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

You've got to think about others before you post guys. Think about how your posts will make others feel. Sure, free speech. But I don't go to your mother's funeral to tell everyone I couldn't stand her guts either.

There's a time and place for everything, and *that* was not the time and place to comment on gender-equality.

lol what?

Did I miss something?

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

lol what?

Did I miss something?
I'm honestly confused about what she's talking about, but I did make some jokes and tell a silly story about a kitten that apparently deeply offended some folks.  Sorry about that.  I'm only responding, because she used my name specifically.  I sent her a PM so that I can apologize directly.   

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

lol what?

Did I miss something?
I'm honestly confused about what she's talking about, but I did make some jokes and tell a silly story about a kitten that apparently deeply offended some folks.  Sorry about that.  I'm only responding, because she used my name specifically.  I sent her a PM so that I can apologize directly.   

I found it less offensive than what you normally have to say about Rondo  ;D

I kid, I kid.

I don't get it.

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

take a look back at everything i said in this thread.  with the exception of saying "who cares/not to be rude or anything", what exactly did i say that would generate such a post from u (even after i elaborated several times what my point was...and 3 hrs after roy's post)?  u are lumping me in with someone else....don't.  pm me if u want to discuss further
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:47:36 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »

Kiorrik

lol what?

Did I miss something?
As I said, your story was in poor taste, and if by "she" and "her" you're referring to me, I'll TP you for the snark, for I do appreciate it.

You either know what I'm talking about, or you don't. In both cases, you have my earlier words right there.

Think about what you post before you post it. Act with some empathy.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 08:52:12 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
"Dude... Truth has no balls"

My homie had a vagina!

LOL! 

Seriously, how could people not find that funny. 

C'mon...

Sense of humor...

Anyone?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sadly, this thread is locked.  This has got to be a low moment for the blog.

For all the posters who continued to take this thread off-topic after I posted my warning above, consider this an official "strike".  The next violation of our rules will result in a lengthy suspension.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes