Author Topic: NBA 2K11 Game Demo  (Read 10646 times)

NBA 2K11 Game Demo
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline britches

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I was excited last night to download the demo as it was billed as a rematch between the Celtics/Lakers.  I was excited to attempt to put things the way they should have been, but when I turned it on tonight to play, it only lets you play as the Lakers.  I could not find a way to change sides.  I immediately turned it off.  I refuse to play as them, especially in a Finals situation.

Re: NBA 2K11 Game Demo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I was excited last night to download the demo as it was billed as a rematch between the Celtics/Lakers.  I was excited to attempt to put things the way they should have been, but when I turned it on tonight to play, it only lets you play as the Lakers.  I could not find a way to change sides.  I immediately turned it off.  I refuse to play as them, especially in a Finals situation.

I agree. To use a cliche, "Too soon."

I really liked the draft combine thing they did last year.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Yeah another pee poor demo by 2k sports.

No excuse to put that pathetic demo out for people to try,  If someone tried that demo wondering should I but this game then most people would not.

Only positive is last years demo was almost as bad as this years.

Which means the game should be much better this year (I know terrible logic  :P)
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah another pee poor demo by 2k sports.

No excuse to put that pathetic demo out for people to try,  If someone tried that demo wondering should I but this game then most people would not.

Only positive is last years demo was almost as bad as this years.

Which means the game should be much better this year (I know terrible logic  :P)

Was there a demo before the draft combine thing?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Wait, someone officially confirm for me. 2K11 Demo on the XBL marketplace?

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:06 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm assuming they don't let you change the sliders, which means it's not worth playing.

2k basketball games with default sliders are just stuuupppid.  No defense whatsoever.

Plus, 2k11 can't possibly be all that different from 2k10 in terms of basic gameplay; if you own 2k10, you might as well just play a game with updated rosters between those two teams.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I let the Celtics win.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:40 AM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
I let the Celtics win.

haha, awesome.  TP for that!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 08:29:44 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
I let the Celtics win.

TP I did the same thing.  I just ran up the court and shot stupid contested shots and completely ignoring my teammates with Kobe so the game would feel realistic as possible.

lon3lytoaster, confirmed the game is out on the XBL marketplace but dont bother with the demo waste of HD space.

We all know the game is going to be hot as it is most years.

IndeedProceed, If there was a demo it came out after the combine thing last year.  I might be thinking about the year before when KG was on the cover.  Either way the point I was trying to make is the past few demos are terrible and dont reflect the final products at all.  Dont know why they release them in this state.  The past few dont even have commentary or game sliders. And to release a demo where you cant even switch teams...LAZY!

Red Auerbach

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I let the Celtics win.

TP I did the same thing.  I just ran up the court and shot stupid contested shots and completely ignoring my teammates with Kobe so the game would feel realistic as possible.

lon3lytoaster, confirmed the game is out on the XBL marketplace but dont bother with the demo waste of HD space.

We all know the game is going to be hot as it is most years.

IndeedProceed, If there was a demo it came out after the combine thing last year.  I might be thinking about the year before when KG was on the cover.  Either way the point I was trying to make is the past few demos are terrible and dont reflect the final products at all.  Dont know why they release them in this state.  The past few dont even have commentary or game sliders. And to release a demo where you cant even switch teams...LAZY!

I was taking wide open 3s with Artest and Fisher, and none of them went in.  Oh wait, that's realistic too.  Artest had the sloppiest dunk I've ever seen.  He got stuffed by the rim and then it went off the backboard while he was still hanging on it.  Glad to see 2k hasn't got rid of the circus shots.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Given whats expected of a demo, I thought it was awesome. Huge step up above from last year it feels and looks so realistic. The signature moves and shots are dead on. Pierce's long range jumper if ya wanna call it that, haha feet squared up where he barely gets off his feet. Kobe and his fallback where he always falls on the [dang]ed ground. Artest and his wild 3pt shots where after his release he bounces on two feet  ;D

Gameplay and playcalling is also great but definitely takes some getting used to. If you expect to do all the things you did in 2k10 control wise not gonna happen. Have a look at some of the revamped controls here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2EpdcTKVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I can not wait to play with my C's....only reason im playing demo is to get controls down all while the Cs dominate  :P  8)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 03:15:08 PM »

Offline Banner_18

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
When will the demo be available for PC?

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
When will the demo be available for PC?
They arent releasing one
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Have a look at some of the revamped controls here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2EpdcTKVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I can not wait to play with my C's....only reason im playing demo is to get controls down all while the Cs dominate  :P  8)

To quote Smokey & Craig DAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUMMM!

Red Auerbach

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:22:25 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Have a look at some of the revamped controls here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2EpdcTKVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To quote Smokey & Craig DAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUMMM!
LOL

caught a first glimpse of the Diesel in green and hes a force, JO went down with a knee injury *knocks on wood* and in came Shaq ;D

in the video game of course rofl