Author Topic: Halo Reach?  (Read 3536 times)

Halo Reach?
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Just curious who is going to the midnight launch tonight?   :P

I don't really like Halo but I am going to buy the game due to peer pressure.  I havent decided if I am going to pick it up tonight or not.

The only midnight launch I have gone to in the last few years was for Mass Effect 2 (love the Mass Effect games)

I will probably also go to the Gears 3 midnight launch I like Gears much more then Halo.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

Re: Halo Reach?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'm thinking I should just be a prick and go preorder it right now then camp outside for the next six hours.. At least it'd give me something to do tonight haha

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm not going to be getting it, as i am not a huge Halo guy, but i am wishing it all the success in the world, because i'm selfishly hoping it takes away some of the people who play MW2 as halo.

I.E One man army-danger close- only fire explosive weps while halo jumping.

Hoping they go back to their natural habitat :D

Kidding aside, i hope its good, always nice to see games do well.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im a ps3 guy :)

i used to have xbox and i thought halo was pretty good, overrated, but good nontheless.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I'm not going to be getting it, as i am not a huge Halo guy, but i am wishing it all the success in the world, because i'm selfishly hoping it takes away some of the people who play MW2 as halo.

I.E One man army-danger close- only fire explosive weps while halo jumping.

Hoping they go back to their natural habitat :D

Kidding aside, i hope its good, always nice to see games do well.

Reach would do well in sales even if they released as an 8-bit game on the NES, I think.

Bungie kind of lost my faith with Halo 3 and I wasn't in love with the Reach beta but I still want to try the final version before I say I hate it. I'm just hoping they can re-capture a small portion of the magic that Halo 1 and 2 had..

There was tons of nights where me and my friends just sat down and played for hours and never stopped having a good time.. Never happened when Halo 3 came out.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Is it as good as halo 3?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Well for me I am only getting it because of the hype same thing I did with MW2.  I played that maybe 5 times @ about 2 hours a pop since it came out.

I like the single player story in almost all these games but multiplayer that is a whole different animal.

I have decided to go to the midnight launch but only because the gamestop near me only a couple of miles away has a midnight launch and that store usually doesnt do midnight launches since it is smaller and not as busy by the one in or near the mall,

Of course since this is Halo and bound to sell 1 million on name alone they are open.

I will say this the reviews are in...abd they have been great so maybe I will enjoy it.  I did like Halo 2 quite a bit but didnt care for 1, 3, Halo wars or ODST.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
FPS on a console? No thanks!!  That's like eating cereal with a knife.