Author Topic: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?  (Read 9142 times)

Re: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 09:48:03 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Nassir little is who I would hope for with that Sacramento pick.

I still hold out hope that Memphis puts together a few wins and that pick translates this year too.

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 09:49:23 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Does anyone have any thoughts on this Sekou kid from France?  I know he has hardly played this year because he has been injuried, but the clips I’ve seen from him he seems pretty athletic with a smooth stroke.  I just don’t want another Giannis miss to happen. Lol

Edit

Just to add to this I hope Ainge doesn’t make a promise to a kid (like Olynyk where I remember Ainge saying he can be a good complementary role player) when there is someone else he really seems to like (like Giannis where I think I remember Ainge saying he has Pippen like upside)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:40:40 PM by JBcat »

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I still hold out hope that Memphis puts together a few wins and that pick translates this year too.

Same here. Nasir Little Jr., will be a problem for the NBA if he falls to us.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 09:57:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I don't think Nassir is falling to 14. I know he's plummeted in a lot of mock drafts but his talent and athleticism will pop in work outs and he'll jump back up.

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why?

This is a weak draft overall, plus I'd rather have pick diversity given we're already looking at a likely low lottery pick from SAC.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 10:26:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Why?

This is a weak draft overall, plus I'd rather have pick diversity given we're already looking at a likely low lottery pick from SAC.

Yeah that pick could end up gold in 2020 or 2021.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 11:00:55 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I don't think Nassir is falling to 14. I know he's plummeted in a lot of mock drafts but his talent and athleticism will pop in work outs and he'll jump back up.
He's dropping because he hasn't improved his game as the season progressed. Some due to a veteran front court and the surprise of Coby White at the guard position. He also doesn't have an outside game. On his athleticism alone he'll be a lottery pick but he should go back to school with a chance to be a top 5 pick next year. Not sure if Danny passes on him though, if we still have the Sacto pick, if he's still on the board. He's the type of player DA likes.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
14: Bol Bol. We don't need another role player. Use the pick to get a guy who has a lower chance of converting, but huge upside if he does. I'd rather take a guy that has a 25% chance of being huge and a 75% chance of being a bust than one that has an 80% chance of being okay and 20% chance of something else.

18: Tre Jones. He's the "grizzled vet" on that Duke team, but he can play.

22: Best of what's left.

Mike

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 11:26:53 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

He's dropping because he hasn't improved his game as the season progressed. Some due to a veteran front court and the surprise of Coby White at the guard position. He also doesn't have an outside game. On his athleticism alone he'll be a lottery pick but he should go back to school with a chance to be a top 5 pick next year. Not sure if Danny passes on him though, if we still have the Sacto pick, if he's still on the board. He's the type of player DA likes.

If you look at the freshman college stats, and compare Kawhi to Nasir, they look pretty much the same except Kawhi has higher REB % and SPG %.

The parallels between the two in terms of body size, length, and share similar weaknesses and concerns prior to draft day.

I really think Nasir Little Jr, will be the sleeper pick of the NBA draft if he falls past the top 10 pick.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 11:49:39 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Brandon Clarke

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

If you look at the freshman college stats, and compare Kawhi to Nasir, they look pretty much the same except Kawhi has higher REB % and SPG %.

The parallels between the two in terms of body size, length, and share similar weaknesses and concerns prior to draft day.

I really think Nasir Little Jr, will be the sleeper pick of the NBA draft if he falls past the top 10 pick.
Yeah, he'll be a sleeper just like if De'Andre Hunter if he drops out of the top 10. Similar players and Hunter has gotten better since his freshman season. Also, Little, like Hunter, plays in the toughest conference in the country. But like I mentioned Little needs to improve his outside game. Kawhi got a lot more playing time as well but struggled from 3. Their per 36 min stats ARE similar. I like the comp. TP.

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It will not be used because it will be traded...BOOK it.
We do not need another rookie..Ain't no room to develop.

IF a trade for AD happens, it will obviously be included in the package.

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I haven't followed CBB closely this year but other than Bol Bol no one at #14 sounds great... and AD sounds a lot better than Bol Bol.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I haven't followed CBB closely this year but other than Bol Bol no one at #14 sounds great... and AD sounds a lot better than Bol Bol.

I disagree, it is a lot more fun to say "Bol Bol"!

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

I disagree, it is a lot more fun to say "Bol Bol"!

Try saying the name 10 times in a row super fast  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller