Author Topic: Early thoughts on the Cetlics 2019 draft  (Read 7534 times)

Re: Early thoughts on the Cetlics 2019 draft
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hopefully the Celts can find some decent PF/C prospects and maybe a Rozier replacement.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'd take the risk with Bol. His shooting touch and handle for a guy that size is impressive. Poor man's Greek Freak with a great 3 point shot is fine with me. Obviously would need to get a lot stronger. 

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 05:10:57 AM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I Would like..
Keldon, B Clarke, Bruno - First Option
Bol-bol, Konate, Horton-Tucker -Second Option

Let Yabu go and take Konate....

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 06:09:03 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Pass on Bol...foot injury with a 7-3 feller is usually career threating...get Tyler Herro..could be another Booker

I agree Bol may not be a great pick for the Cs given his long term health risks. With that if the medical staff thinks there is a greater then 50% chance that he has a healthy career the risk may be work it.

I do think he makes a lot of sense for the Pelicans if they make an AD trade with the Celtics. If they end up with their pick #8 and the #14+#21 from the celtics then taking the gamble with one of the later two picks is well worth the risk.

In the 9 games Bol played this year his shooting stats where very impressive and if healthy he could be a tougher version of Porzingis.

While he can shoot he seems a bit soft to me.  Also, his effort level wasn't all that good.  He seemed to just coast through  games at times.  His stock has dropped a lot in recent mocks from where he started the year.

I'd rather take a chance on Goga Bitadze or Moses Brown.   I think Goga is a pretty tough guy and reports say he plays with a high motor so consistent effort.   When I looked at the 2019 mock draft after the Fultz trade Moses Brown was a top prospect, drawing AD comparisons.  He seemed to have gotten lost in the conversation at UCLA even though he put up decent numbers.  We could stash Goga, but I do think he could get minutes if we cut ties with Morris, Theis, and Yabuselle, then include Time Lord in an AD trade.  Brown seems more like a candidate for one of the two way contracts. 

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Hopefully the Celts can find some decent PF/C prospects and maybe a Rozier replacement.
someone who might work off the bench is this guy. howard is only 5'11, but his offense is terrific. defense? not so much. so yes, i too immediately thought of IT.

but howard would be a great pick up in the second round.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/markus-howard

this guy will also be available later on in the draft and plays pg pretty well.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/carsen-edwards

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 07:13:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
All the picks going to New Orleans so it doesnt matter
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
For a Rozier replacement as back up pg,  we could probably get Ty Jerome from Virginia with our last first round pick.   I think he'll be solid like how Jaylen Brunson is for Dallas.  But since Rozier really is more of a sg than a pg, I'd take Romeo Langford with the kings pick then use the next two picks on big men and hop we get at least a serviceable role player out of one of them.   

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2019, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I would find a real PG with some experience and substantial playing time under his belt to replace Rozier. This team is too far along to play another waiting game. We don't need another super young combo guard to hopefully mold into a real PG given the time.

The C's should draft with an eye to replacing Horford. Legit Power forward or PF/C.

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2019, 09:17:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I would find a real PG with some experience and substantial playing time under his belt to replace Rozier. This team is too far along to play another waiting game. We don't need another super young combo guard to hopefully mold into a real PG given the time.

The C's should draft with an eye to replacing Horford. Legit Power forward or PF/C.
i am doubtful that the celtics, using the 14th pick in the draft, can replace horford this year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
All the picks going to New Orleans so it doesnt matter

True.

Celts are picking for the Pels if the Celts will push through with the AD trade.

And right now the Griz are 9th worst team, that means the 2019 Griz pick will convey barring a major upset in the last 2 games of the season.

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2019, 11:37:40 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
We need a hard-nosed, high-IQ player.

I'm tired of getting frustrated on a passive-softies (KO)
Or an erratic low-bbiq chuckers (Rozier)

Give me someone like Rondo (in his prime) or an Avery Bradley type that know their roles.

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 03:41:40 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Guys I like are Brandon Clarke, he reminds me off Rodman and Carson Edwards of Purdue.

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 03:43:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Guys I like are Brandon Clarke, he reminds me off Rodman and Carson Edwards of Purdue.
I like Clarke too. You don't shoot nearly 70% from the field without doing something right
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 08:17:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

danny is guard crazy

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 08:30:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
someone who might work off the bench is this guy. howard is only 5'11, but his offense is terrific. defense? not so much. so yes, i too immediately thought of IT.

but howard would be a great pick up in the second round.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/markus-howard

this guy will also be available later on in the draft and plays pg pretty well.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/carsen-edwards

I’m not sold that Howard has the physical profile to make it in the NBA. Doesnt seem big enough, long enough, or athletic enough.

On the other hand I do like Edwards he is a smaller guard but has a strong frame and a 6’6” wingspan. In the right situation I can see him excelling in an Eddie House like role ( a shoot first 3pt specially bench PG)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:43:00 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet