Author Topic: Chad Ford: Upshaw's off-the-court issues more serious than initially thought  (Read 49649 times)

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Chad Ford said himself that outside of the red flags, he's a lottery talent. Now I know Chad Ford isn't perfect, but surely he's credible enough to take seriously.

Chad Ford thought that Royce White was a top ten talent without his mental issues.  I'd guess that Ford thinks that Upshaw's red flags are a bigger concern than White's were.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Get dakari johnson with a second rounder

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm still high on Upshaw, or as much as I can be. Knowing his record is important but if the celtics chose him IMO they know best and thats what I hope happens. We would also finally get a big guy with length and potential.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm still high on Upshaw, or as much as I can be. Knowing his record is important but if the celtics chose him IMO they know best and thats what I hope happens. We would also finally get a big guy with length and potential.

Do you trust that the Celtics know best if the team passes over Upshaw twice in the second round and he gets selected somewhere in the 50s?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Do you trust that the Celtics know best if the team passes over Upshaw twice in the second round and he gets selected somewhere in the 50s?
ya I do. Its a tough pill to swallow though. Upshaw has/had his problems while in college but he is a long big center that can rebound and block shots, maybe even has a better offensive game.

But as of right now he has been cleared for all activities by the docs!!!!!

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Chad Ford said himself that outside of the red flags, he's a lottery talent. Now I know Chad Ford isn't perfect, but surely he's credible enough to take seriously.

Chad Ford thought that Royce White was a top ten talent without his mental issues.  I'd guess that Ford thinks that Upshaw's red flags are a bigger concern than White's were.

Royce White arguably was a top ten talent in that draft class.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.