Author Topic: Bill Kennedy Fined  (Read 4645 times)

Re: Bill Kennedy Fined
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I had to laugh at the last sentence that if Rivers hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have been fined.  Well, I am guessing if he didn't say anything about it, no attention would have been drawn to it, and Bill Kennedy would not have been fined.  I suspect Doc knew there was a price tag on his comments, but also knew nothing would have been done if he tried to complain to the league office privately.  Putting Kennedy squarely in the public eye helped exert some pressure I have to believe. 

Also, why does Doc's fine get announced, but not Kennedy's?  Stern characterizes all who question his or the officials veracity or that they have an agenda as paranoid conspiracy theorists.  But keeping this information private only fuels that type of speculation.  What motive could they have in not disclosing it other than because it was so paltry?  If it is just because its nobody's business, then that should also be applied to coaches and players fines.
On the button.  Why was Doc fined if he was right?  The NBA obviously would have done zero if they hadn't been called on the carpet for it.  Hypocrits.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Tonight ESPN's second featured game is Jazz vs Suns...guess who will be one of the officials?Bill Kennedy.I haven't noticed his name in the referee's assignment schedule since the Bulls game.

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 10:23:35 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Tonight ESPN's second featured game is Utah vs Suns...guess who will be one of the officials?Bill Kennedy.I haven't noticed his name in the referee's assignment schedule since the Bulls game.
I'm telling you know that Utah will win this game and that the refs will be partial to the Jazz point of view. Stern wants the Jazz deep in the playoff to push young superstar Devon Williams. Kennedy should help the cause along just fine tonight.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 10:25:45 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Tonight ESPN's second featured game is Utah vs Suns...guess who will be one of the officials?Bill Kennedy.I haven't noticed his name in the referee's assignment schedule since the Bulls game.
I'm telling you know that Utah will win this game and that the refs will be partial to the Jazz point of view. Stern wants the Jazz deep in the playoff to push young superstar Devon Williams. Kennedy should help the cause along just fine tonight.
I agree with you on this...but a  lot of eyes will be on Kennedy tonight.