Poll

Hypothetical the new Supersonics offer Cousins and Evans for Rondo; Deal or No Deal?

Deal
55 (57.9%)
No Deal
40 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Poll: Seatle Supersonics knocks and offer Cousins+Evans for Rondo? Deal/No Deal  (Read 28193 times)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The only reason Cousins is being discussed is because of his personality issues. If it weren't for that, he would be one of the most untouchable guys in the NBA. Yes, more untouchable than Rondo.

So with Bynum and Howard on the shelf you must be expecting Cousins to run away with 1st team all-nba and be an mvp candidate, since that award isn't usually based on personality.
Because those two things are so clearly related.

I could have typed something like "he'll lead the Kings to at least challenge for a playoff spot" but that seemed ridiculous. He's in his 3rd year and he's 22. If you want to take a list of "untouchable big men" and compare his success on the court (individual, team and where he ranks in the league hierarchy) to those players then good luck to you.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The only reason Cousins is being discussed is because of his personality issues. If it weren't for that, he would be one of the most untouchable guys in the NBA. Yes, more untouchable than Rondo.

So with Bynum and Howard on the shelf you must be expecting Cousins to run away with 1st team all-nba and be an mvp candidate, since that award isn't usually based on personality.
Because those two things are so clearly related.

I could have typed something like "he'll lead the Kings to at least challenge for a playoff spot" but that seemed ridiculous. He's in his 3rd year and he's 22. If you want to take a list of "untouchable big men" and compare his success on the court (individual, team and where he ranks in the league hierarchy) to those players then good luck to you.
Yes, given his age and skill he'd be pretty untouchable. Especially given the state of the Kings.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
There's a lot of fluidity for "best player" below LeBron and KD. Who's the best team in the league? The answer right now is different than it was in December and probably November and probably different than it will be in May and June. Same with top players.

Man, I must admit you dodge questions with the best of them. So I will rephrase the question. Where does Rondo rank, in your eyes, today, Thursday, January 10th, 2013, in regards to NBA players?

Keep in mind that Golden State refused a Rondo for Curry swap about 12 months ago. So there is probably a Warrior fan in California saying he wouldn't trade Curry for Evans and Cousins either. It doesn't mean you're correct, it simply means you're probably not alone in overvaluing your own team's players.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:53:38 PM by Eddie20 »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
There's a lot of fluidity for "best player" below LeBron and KD. Who's the best team in the league? The answer right now is different than it was in December and probably November and probably different than it will be in May and June. Same with top players.

Man, I must admit you dodge questions with the best of them. So I will rephrase the question. Where does Rondo rank, in your eyes, today, Thursday, January 10th, 2013, in regards to NBA players?

I gave you the correct answer. Is Rondo better than (for example) than Dirk? Some of the time he is, some of the time he isn't, it depends on how healthy they are and how well they're playing. What's the value in claiming that one player is better than the other? Rondo's capable of playing like one of the best players in the league, especially in the playoffs. That's more important than where you think he ranks (apparently in absolute terms).

Keep in mind that Golden State refused a Rondo for Curry swap about 12 months ago. So there is probably a Warrior fan in California saying he wouldn't trade Curry for Evans and Cousins either. It doesn't mean you're correct, it simply means you're probably not alone in overvaluing your own team's players.

Trade rumors are rumors, not facts. Secondly, there's no reason to believe that you're not the one overvaluing players. What if you trade for Cousins and he's still pulling antics when his contract is up? Do you sign him to a max contract or let him walk? What if he takes as long to figure things out as Z-Bo, or even longer?

The probable winner in the Cousins sweepstakes is the team that gets him after his next contract. The gms that have him between now and then won't have much job security. Again, you're acting like he's a surefire franchise player, it's fairly unlikely that he'll get to that level before he's close to 30 if he does at all.

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
After the "super star" MVP category of Lebron, KD, CP3, Dwight, and Kobe, it's hard to really rank guys like Rondo because there are so many great all-star level players.

I thought ESPN did a pretty decent job with their rankings before the season, which put Rondo at number 11. Seems pretty fair to me...I don't think he's been a top 10 player this season (IMO it's been Lebron, KD, CP3, Melo, Harden, Parker, Westbrook, David Lee, Duncan, and Kobe) but he's on the edge of that group with guys like Wade, Irving, Griffin, Bosh, Randolph, Curry, Love, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, ect.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
After the "super star" MVP category of Lebron, KD, CP3, Dwight, and Kobe, it's hard to really rank guys like Rondo because there are so many great all-star level players.

I thought ESPN did a pretty decent job with their rankings before the season, which put Rondo at number 11. Seems pretty fair to me...I don't think he's been a top 10 player this season (IMO it's been Lebron, KD, CP3, Melo, Harden, Parker, Westbrook, David Lee, Duncan, and Kobe) but he's on the edge of that group with guys like Wade, Irving, Griffin, Bosh, Randolph, Curry, Love, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, ect.

I agree. However, that's where the debate started. He stated he wouldn't trade Rondo for Cousins and Evans. Out of those second tier guys, if you're their respective GM, wouldn't you trade the majority of them for Evans and Cousins?

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
After the "super star" MVP category of  it's hard to really rank guys like Rondo because there are so many great all-star level players.

I agree. However, that's where the debate started. He stated he wouldn't trade Rondo for Cousins and Evans. Out of those second tier guys, if you're their respective GM, wouldn't you trade the majority of them for Evans and Cousins?

I will give this one second without saying no more than its very usefull information

Rondo as a C this year in trade vrs.

Lebron, KD, CP3, Dwight, and Kobe, YES
but because if not CP3 we can get a lot of assets with them
yes even with old kobe in a multi trade or easier to survive without him

now

Melo, NO
Harden, NO
Parker,NO
Westbrook, MAYBE
David Lee,NO
Duncan, NO unless we got a backup like Parker

Wade, even
Irving, even
Griffin, hes a binkie dont blame me, yes
Bosh, NO
Randolph, NO
Curry, NO because of Bradley
Love, YES
Tyson Chandler,NO
Marc Gasol,tough see....Parker

just to talk about something at this late hours

none of this will happend though

p.s I am trying to think franchise wise age, position and not only love
p.s.2. no money involved of course and thats the sin of doing this i know

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Would like to have Cousins but don't care for Tyreke Evans.  Losing Rondo seems to big a price to pay without getting a star PG in return.  And Evans is not a real PG.

Is Josh Smith trade still dead as an option?  At least I don't see him getting himself suspended.  He'd also add even more to Boston's stifling defensive presence. Long, athletic defender who can take on strong or quick power forwards.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
with Lowry now coming off the bench for the Raps, could he be had for Evans (3-team deal)?

I remember seeing a graphic some months ago about making a Rondo to the Kings, DMC and Lowry to the C's and Evans to the Raps work financially. I think that's a really solid deal for all teams involved.  :)
- LilRip

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
with Lowry now coming off the bench for the Raps, could he be had for Evans (3-team deal)?

I remember seeing a graphic some months ago about making a Rondo to the Kings, DMC and Lowry to the C's and Evans to the Raps work financially. I think that's a really solid deal for all teams involved.  :)

The numbers on that do work. But I have a hard time seeing the Raptors trading Lowry less than half a season after giving up a lottery pick to get him.

I think Calderon is starting in Toronto simply because the Raps want to showcase him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

The numbers on that do work. But I have a hard time seeing the Raptors trading Lowry less than half a season after giving up a lottery pick to get him.

I think Calderon is starting in Toronto simply because the Raps want to showcase him.

Toronto is starting Calderon because, unlike Lowry, Calderon makes his teammates better. Very few PGs do a better job of putting their teammates in position to succeed than Calderon does. The other players on the roster are responding better to Jose's PG leadership than Lowry's. 

It's a shame Calderon has spent his career on so many poor Toronto Raptors teams. It's terrible that such a good player hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves. I really hate what Bryan Colangelo has done / failed to do in Toronto.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:00:49 AM by Who »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
Amazing how quickly people forget how good Rondo is.  Good thing Danny Ainge is our GM and not a Celticsblog poll.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
After the "super star" MVP category of  it's hard to really rank guys like Rondo because there are so many great all-star level players.

I will give this one second without saying no more than its very usefull information

Rondo as a C this year in trade vrs.

Lebron, KD, CP3, Dwight, and Kobe, YES
but because if not CP3 we can get a lot of assets with them
yes even with old kobe in a multi trade or easier to survive without him

now

Melo, NO
Harden, NO
Parker,NO
Westbrook, MAYBE
David Lee,NO
Duncan, NO unless we got a backup like Parker

Wade, even
Irving, even
Griffin, hes a binkie dont blame me, yes
Bosh, NO
Randolph, NO
Curry, NO because of Bradley
Love, YES
Tyson Chandler,NO
Marc Gasol,tough see....Parker

just to talk about something at this late hours

none of this will happend though

p.s I am trying to think franchise wise age, position and not only love
p.s.2. no money involved of course and thats the sin of doing this i know

Value-wise, Rondo isn't anywhere near Irving. Other than that, I could agree more or less.
Not trading for Love, though.