Poll

Is he

Yes
15 (93.8%)
No
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Jaylen Brown: All-Star ?? MIP??  (Read 9342 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown: All-Star ?? MIP??
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
contender for both probably but I'd give him AS over MIP and give Doncic MIP. If we vote today.

Whatever JB could be in the future could be hampered by how much he's held back, while he scores, CBS really doesn't let him have more offensive responsibility like he does Tatum. It's like he isn't allowed to grow as a creator, they just take what he's been and go from there. I would like to see him have more offensive responsibility, he goes far too long without taking shots or getting the ball for decision making. IMO 3&D would be selling his potential short.

CBS sees the players everyday in practice.

There must be a reason why JB is not given more offensive responsibility.

It's just ridiculous to intentionally hold JB back.

Just take the case of Tatum when he was with Team USA.
Popovich started Tatum and went with Tatum for the last shot against Turkey.

JB never started a game for Pop and Team USA.

So it's not only CBS that's limiting JB's responsibilities, Pop did too.

didn't say it was intentional in that sense but not being able to grow in that way. he is basically a role player and that's it (very good one but way down the totem pole). I also don't know if what people do in practice is the be all end all, many times guys were relegated to only certain things based on practice, then when injuries hit they showed they were more, including Tatum and JB just the season b4 last. If not for injuries IT4 was the backup and only the backup, after no other choice was he allowed to flourish. 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: Jaylen Brown: All-Star ?? MIP??
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
contender for both probably but I'd give him AS over MIP and give Doncic MIP. If we vote today.

Whatever JB could be in the future could be hampered by how much he's held back, while he scores, CBS really doesn't let him have more offensive responsibility like he does Tatum. It's like he isn't allowed to grow as a creator, they just take what he's been and go from there. I would like to see him have more offensive responsibility, he goes far too long without taking shots or getting the ball for decision making. IMO 3&D would be selling his potential short.

CBS sees the players everyday in practice.

There must be a reason why JB is not given more offensive responsibility.

It's just ridiculous to intentionally hold JB back.

Just take the case of Tatum when he was with Team USA.
Popovich started Tatum and went with Tatum for the last shot against Turkey.

JB never started a game for Pop and Team USA.

So it's not only CBS that's limiting JB's responsibilities, Pop did too.

didn't say it was intentional in that sense but not being able to grow in that way. he is basically a role player and that's it (very good one but way down the totem pole). I also don't know if what people do in practice is the be all end all, many times guys were relegated to only certain things based on practice, then when injuries hit they showed they were more, including Tatum and JB just the season b4 last. If not for injuries IT4 was the backup and only the backup, after no other choice was he allowed to flourish.

I think it's a case of the Celts having too many good wing players.

Once Hayward returns, that could affect Brown's shot attempts too.