Author Topic: Celtics Blog - Ode to Kyrie  (Read 4226 times)

Re: Celtics Blog - Ode to Kyrie
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
What bit me the hardest was him talking about having his jersey raised to the rafters and wanting to retire a Celtic. I'm a sucker for that crap, I want to believe so badly. So congratulations Kyrie you got me! I fell for everything he said, I stuck up for him when others were talking him down. My bad.

The first sign of trouble and he mentally checked out, and he wanted to run away. He had no idea what it took to lead a team.

What now makes me happy, the entire NBA witnessed what pretender this guy is. The Nets can have him, they have no tradition, no banners, no retired numbers, its the perfect place for him...no expectations to falter on.

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What did Brad say about the season he had?

He said "I could have done better."  (paraphrasing)

What did Kyrie say?

"I should have shot more."

"I don't owe anybody #!#$"

etc.

See the difference?

And you can't find ONE good thing Kyrie did this season...one good thing he said or did?

Why is this like pulling teeth for some of us? I don't like the dentist either but C'MON man......

Utterly ridiculous and embarrassing. Not YOU, Pho - but the way some here are critiquing Kyrie.

For someone hated by quite a few Celtics Fans he got perhaps the BEST player in the NBA to wait a WHOLE YEAR to join him.

And don't think for a min that LeBron wouldn't have welcomed him back, either.

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 09:11:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I fell hard for the Kyrie BS but I wash my hands of him.

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i was a fan and given his talent and amount of assets DA had, i 100% sure i d traded for Kyrie especially with  IT looking like he was permanently damaged.

i actually enjoyed him being a Celtic until the Bucks series .  The engagment was over .   The team was coming unraveled at the core .

i respect his basketball skills , but not the person much .....very shallow

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Odeur de Kyrie a long lasting scent of deceit ,duplicity and betrayal .
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:05:30 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Odeur de Kyrie a long lasting scent of deceit ,duplicity land betrayal .

Lol.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I still don't hate him for some reason. Maybe it's because I think his time here will be a little underrated given how badly it all ended. He's to blame for his leaving. He's to blame for being garbage in the Milwaukee series. But he did a lot of good in '18 and played really good basketball on the court in '19.

But then it depends on what you think happened with his free agency. Did he know back in February that he was going to bail? Did he tank the Milwaukee series because he didn't care anymore? If that's the case, he deserves whatever hate he gets.

For some reason, I'm still willing to give him some benefit. Maybe just because I don't think he's a bad guy but that he's a weird guy and a confused young man. When I think of his time here, I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm probably one of the exceptions here in that I don't really hold that much animosity towards Kyrie, at least not once the season ended and it became obvious he was history. I got over Ray leaving and I've got over Kyrie leaving.

I don't have any animosity towards him either. No one should be stuck in a situation they're not happy in. I don't think he conned anyone, I believe he meant that he wanted to resign here when he said it in October but his outlook on the team and franchise changed. I liken it to going to a new company and being really excited about the new opportunity, but maybe it doesn't turn it out the way you envisioned it as new hire. As the end of the day, this is a business. There is no loyalty on either side.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Talented guy who was a poor fit.

Plus: Made 2nd Team All Pro.

Minus:  Had no clue how to lead our team, or trust our coach.  Got shut down by Bucks, and out of frustration quit on his team.

Au revoir!