Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165394 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Avengers...and I hope the makers don't goon it up.

Looking forward to the next Superman movie as well. He needs to fight Doomsday in this one.

...and thankfully, they DIDN'T goon it up :).

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Avengers was epic

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
They should all be fun, but of the three, I'm looking forward to "Dark Knight Rises" the most ... by far.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Avengers is the greatest comic book movie of all time.

Kiorrik

Wow, I must be the only one on the planet that thought the Avengers was just 'decent'. And I was one of the few who laughed at the Legolas joke.

Anyhoo, I'm hoping the Dark Knight does a good job at continuing the series, though that's a high standard to follow up on.

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Men in Black III

8)

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Avengers is the greatest comic book movie of all time.
After seeing it yesterday I have to agree with you but we'll have to see how it holds up.  It was great to see the Hulk utilized perfectly.  The two other Hulk movies were not great.  I'm glad they didn't screw this up, there was way too much riding on it.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The Avengera has set a new bar Of standards when it comes to comic book movies. Here's hoping Spider-man and The Dark Knight Rises will be epic as well.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Wow, I must be the only one on the planet that thought the Avengers was just 'decent'. And I was one of the few who laughed at the Legolas joke.

Anyhoo, I'm hoping the Dark Knight does a good job at continuing the series, though that's a high standard to follow up on.

I'm with you Kiorrik.  I only thought it was decent as well. I thought the action scenes were great but the story and characters could have been more developed.

"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

I'm with you Kiorrik.  I only thought it was decent as well. I thought the action scenes were great but the story and characters could have been more developed.

The characters were developed in their own movies.  This is the first Avengers movie but there were five movies leading up to it: Thor, Capt America, Hulk and Iron Man 1 and 2.  Much of the story was developed in Thor and the characters in each movie.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Saw Avengers, thought it was awesome.  Very well done, lots of humor, lots of action, enough of the back story so people weren't totally lost (or could get refreshed), but not so much that that was all the movie was.  

BTW, estimates are 200.3 million.  Besting the last Harry Potter as the largest gross in U.S. history by just over 30 million.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Actual numbers are in at 207.4 million.  2nd largest Friday ever, largest Saturday ever, largest Sunday ever.  Beat Harry Potter by over 38 million for largest opening ever. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Joss Wheadon is about to be wicked employed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I am sorry, I just cannot get excited over anything Hollywood puts out these days.

You say the Avengers is a good movie, cool I believe you, but I rarely expect something good coming out of Hollywood.  Especially big budget, blockbusters.

200+ million is very impressive, but its still nothing compared to what Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty MW3 and Batman AC made in 24 hours and they seem to hire writers who know how to formulate and tell a story.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Joss Wheadon is about to be wicked employed.

Joss was all like, " I don't want to do the next movie. But it should be smaller and more personal." First, that's a mean thing to say when you drop Thanos in the last 30 seconds of the movie. Also, Marvel is just going to drive dump trucks full of money to his front door.