Author Topic: CP3 under fire for criticizing female ref  (Read 12370 times)

Re: CP3 under fire for criticizing female ref
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA now5 seconds ago

NBA Refs Association responds fiercely to Chris Paul on official Lauren Holtkamp. Her calls, "justified," and,"She belongs," Lee Seham says.

Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA 10m10 minutes ago

NBRA's Seham on Chris Paul's digs at Holtkamp: "The NBRA deplores the personal and unprofessional comments made by Chris Paul. She belongs."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:37:07 AM by sed522002 »

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 11:34:36 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I like this ref. Cp3 should just shut up and play. Many players should stop having a spazz attack on like every play.
I had the same feeling when i was watching

Finally someone had the guts to stop putting up with their crap
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
CP3's victim act is really tiresome.  he's either showing up refs after a call, or trying to bait them into call with stupid plays.

that said, I heard the audio on the drive in this am, and while Chris certainly is out of line here, I think his insult was centered around her being a rookie, not her being a chick... 

important subtlety that's lost if you only read the text. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:52:25 AM by D Dub »

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Well, he showed he was racist when he wanted to fire vinnie (who led the team to their best record ever) and hire, specifically, a black coach

And now it seems he's also sexist

(Although he's probably neither, and just a big time complainer/whiner)

But thats none of my business

There's a strong argument to be made that the Clippers record happened in spite of VDN, not because of him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This issue is so overblown & asinine.  It should be a non-story.  More faux outrage from some of the media outlets (since DeflateGate is so last week). 

We all learned to use pronouns in grammar school, right?  "He", 'she", "him", "her" etc...  What the heck else was he supposed to use?

I identify as a Huffy 10-speed bike, so I find your comments very offensive and triggering.  Please refer to me and other Huffykin by our preferred pronouns, Huff/Huffs/Huffself.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
Well, he showed he was racist when he wanted to fire vinnie (who led the team to their best record ever) and hire, specifically, a black coach

There's a strong argument to be made that the Clippers record happened in spite of VDN, not because of him.
Maybe

They cant seem to perform better than that year with even more talent though
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 12:24:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I thought a couple of those techs were awful last night and rightfully needed to be criticized.

While I don't think Paul was being sexist, depending on tone and context, I guess it could be perceived that way if you are looking for sexism, but I don't think that's what Paul was doing. I think if the ref was male he would still be complaining only using the pronoun he.

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Gotta see the whole sequence though.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/5/7990179/watch-the-cavs-blow-up-for-4-techs-in-3-minutes-against-the-cavs

It starts with a bad tech by Mauer (raise your hand if you're surprised), followed by two worse ones by Holtkamp. If she thinks that's how it's gonna go down the road, no, it's not going to be for her.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA now5 seconds ago

NBA Refs Association responds fiercely to Chris Paul on official Lauren Holtkamp. Her calls, "justified," and,"She belongs," Lee Seham says.

Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA 10m10 minutes ago

NBRA's Seham on Chris Paul's digs at Holtkamp: "The NBRA deplores the personal and unprofessional comments made by Chris Paul. She belongs."
The ref's association backing their member?  shocking.   ::)

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think it's a reach to make gender a factor based on just what I read here. Replace 'she' with 'he' and I could see the same exact comments coming out.

Yeah, I'd say it has a patronizing tone that probably couldn't be found in what he's said about male refs. Some chastisement for greater awareness is probably in order. Nothing major.

lol this sort of thing cracks me up

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Maybe

More talent?  Doc the GM is not that good of a GM. 

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's kinda funny because a few weeks back my wife and I noticed there was a new female ref and thought it was nice that there wasn't any publicity or controversy over it, she was just another new ref.  Welp, so much for that...

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1690
Wow.

I'm no big fan of Chris Paul, but this is stupid.  Fine him for complaining about a ref and stop trying to turn this into something it's not.  He whines at all refs.  Have they not seen how he acts on the court?  To think that this is because she's a woman is silly.

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Gotta see the whole sequence though.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/5/7990179/watch-the-cavs-blow-up-for-4-techs-in-3-minutes-against-the-cavs

It starts with a bad tech by Mauer (raise your hand if you're surprised), followed by two worse ones by Holtkamp. If she thinks that's how it's gonna go down the road, no, it's not going to be for her.

T'ing up Jordan for yelling GD seemingly in no specific person's direction after that dunk was egregious, but at that point of the game it may have been a case of the Clipp's reputation preceding them. The ref, besides being a female is also a human being. Doc, Jordan,Barnes, and CP3 collectively spearhead the biggest cry-baby team on the planet currently. On top of that, they were getting blown away on TNT and contesting every single call. It's possible she may have reached her breaking point with them. While that's on her mostly, it's on them too to an extent for showing a general disrespect to the officials in basically every game they play in.

Even after that debacle, in the 2nd half Jordan clearly raked Mozgov across his arm and chest, got whistled, and jumped up and down with the disbelief of a Seahawks fan on Youtube watching the Butler interception. Doc Rivers spends half of an average NBA game showcasing his 'incredulous face'. These guys are not endearing to anyone except Clipper fans, and Paul dispensing career advice in the post game interview towards the officials isn't going to help anything.

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen

Maybe

More talent?  Doc the GM is not that good of a GM.
Well, blake got a lot better (3rd in mvp voting last year) deandre jordan got better. They have many good role players. I'd say they are a more talented team now

They may have had better role players with vinnie (maybe) but they are more talented when it comes to star power

P.S.  I've been a long time lurker here (it took me over ten years to post) and i've always enjoyed the heck out of your doc/ caveman sig.  So TP for that!
I trust Danny Ainge