Author Topic: Delonte West Arrested  (Read 14541 times)

Re: Delonte West Arrested
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
hmm, loaded gun int he waistband...sounds familiar.  I wonder if Delonte knows who Plaxico Burress is.

Hopefully the officer let Delonte pull over on the left hand side, because we all know he cant go right.

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
In the daytime though it makes no sense to be fearful for your life unless you are making a huge power drug move. If you go out at nightime and are out at the clubs, I can understand not feeling safe and having a gun, although I have never personally felt the need to carry one or own one.     Day time just makes no sense.  Its crazy.

Even if I buy that he was in fear of his life, why would he need 3 guns?  He could only shoot one or two, right? I hope he wasn't going to supply someone else with a gun.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Shocking news. I would be glad to learn what Delonte was intending to do with all these weapons...

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I would be glad to learn what Delonte was intending to do with all these weapons...
That's a good point.  I mean, for protection you "might" legally carry a weapon.  But 3 guns including a shotgun on a motorcycle?  Wow.

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Sorry about that news story says it was 10pm at night.

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 06:05:33 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
You can take the man out of PG County, but you cant take the PG County out of a man.

Greg

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Regardless of whether the guns were legal or not, this is at best, a very bad sign for the way West is handling himself.  I am sorry, but I can't think of any reason to be carrying 2 handguns and a shotgun, loaded on your motorcycle.
How about you just bought them and were bringing them home.

Well irregardless, what he did is still illegal, registered or not.  In Maryland it's illegal to carry a conceiled weapon or any kind of loaded weapon, doesnt matter if it's registered. Which makes sense since Delonte lives in a county that accounts for almost 25% of Marylands murder rate alone (and remember thats a state that has Baltimore county in it too) He was hiding a shotgun in a guitar case, I'm sure there was still plenty of room in there to remove the bullets from the weapons and leave them in the case.  Maybe he just likes to collect guns like Tank Johnson :)

Not that Im trying to bring the whole F the police thing up.  But this was a traffic stop and the cops said Delonte had no issues and was cooperative, so why did they have to search him?  Ive been pulled over for speeding on a motorcycle and was wearing a thick leather jacket and a backpack, I didnt get searched.....
Greg

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 06:15:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Hrm, this is very strange.

I wonder if he'll get time or a significant suspension.  Delonte isn't exactly the most important player on the Cavs but this could impact them fairly significantly if he's out for a sizeable portion of the season.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 06:32:09 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I would be glad to learn what Delonte was intending to do with all these weapons...
That's a good point.  I mean, for protection you "might" legally carry a weapon.  But 3 guns including a shotgun on a motorcycle?  Wow.

Maybe he was going to fight "Reds Army"
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Regardless of whether the guns were legal or not, this is at best, a very bad sign for the way West is handling himself.  I am sorry, but I can't think of any reason to be carrying 2 handguns and a shotgun, loaded on your motorcycle.
How about you just bought them and were bringing them home.

Well irregardless, what he did is still illegal, registered or not.  In Maryland it's illegal to carry a conceiled weapon or any kind of loaded weapon, doesnt matter if it's registered. Which makes sense since Delonte lives in a county that accounts for almost 25% of Marylands murder rate alone (and remember thats a state that has Baltimore county in it too) He was hiding a shotgun in a guitar case, I'm sure there was still plenty of room in there to remove the bullets from the weapons and leave them in the case.  Maybe he just likes to collect guns like Tank Johnson :)

Not that Im trying to bring the whole F the police thing up.  But this was a traffic stop and the cops said Delonte had no issues and was cooperative, so why did they have to search him?  Ive been pulled over for speeding on a motorcycle and was wearing a thick leather jacket and a backpack, I didnt get searched.....

From what the story says, Delonte admitted to having a weapon in his waist band, at which point he was searched.

I don't know, I never really understand blaming the police when they lawfully catch somebody committing a crime.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
He is a trainwreck and immature.  Folks on this site praised his stupid you tube video with his cousin where it was obvious he baked.  They said oh its funny.  When you're in the NBA youre a professional so act like one.  Unfortunately Delnte doesn't get it and might not ever get it.

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
methinks we won't see west vs boston in game one this season

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Has anybody checked on Edgar?

Nick had a great point about waiting to get all the facts.

It does seem that West did something quite foolish and that there are some issues there.

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:15 PM »

Offline indyceltic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Being able to carry three guns while riding a motorcycle is pretty impressive.  Was he trying out to be the next punisher or was he on his way go see Marice Clarette in prison?

He has got a lot more than hot sauce in his bag. 

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
My sister pointed this out to me, remember Delonte's depression earlier? Now speeding around on a motorcycle with a mini arsenal?

He easily could be bi-polar/manic depressive/one of many other illness with these sort of mood swings and behavior. I hope he's still getting the proper counseling and medical care if that is the case.