Author Topic: I feel like the storm is over  (Read 7268 times)

I feel like the storm is over
« on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:53 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
In a turbulent turn of events, these past weeks, or even last 3 months, I feel like Celtics have come out of the storm.
There were many questions, egos, hungry players, and too few minutes and answers at the beginning of the year.
But after the conflict phase relationships enter the acceptance phase and I'd say we are there now.

Kyrie, still learning the ropes of being a leader but possessing the 1-in-a-billion-talent was naturally frustrated after our losses, like all players were.
He came out a bit reckless criticizing young players publicly, they certainly didn't like it, but judging by the past 4 games since the friction came out, they have accepted it. They, like all of our veteran players, knew before, now understand that Kyrie is a to lead them toward success. The best thing they can do themselves is to support him and give their best at the stuff they can control - Give effort and fall into a line. Voluntary cooperation.

Al said about Kyrie: “Having that kind of player, and that kind of luxury, where we can just let him kind of take over, is good.”
I think that sums things up. Fight as a unit, make the job for Kyrie easier, and he will be killing it like we know he is capable of killing teams.
31&11 on 60% since that spat. The spat that resolved the pecking order - once and for all. I hope.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:40:20 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: I feel like the storm is over
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:18:46 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
We have a pretty cushy ride to the all-star break. Warriors once, the Thunder: we could be knocking on the Milwaukee/Toronto door by the break.

I'd like to see Gordon have another 3 or 4 really strong games.

11 more games, and 9-2 or 10-1 doesn't seem unrealistic.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:24:56 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
We have a pretty cushy ride to the all-star break. Warriors once, the Thunder: we could be knocking on the Milwaukee/Toronto door by the break.

I'd like to see Gordon have another 3 or 4 really strong games.

11 more games, and 9-2 or 10-1 doesn't seem unrealistic.
Yeah me too. Gordon is our current biggest question mark. I'd like to see him built on his better play past month.
It would mean a lot to us if we would be able to outplay 2nd units.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 06:42:40 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I don't think so.

We still have the same issues:
  • Too dependent on hitting 3-point-shots.
  • Not getting to the free throw line.
  • Lack of rim protection.
  • Struggling against teams with length.
  • Inconsistent effort.
  • No improvement of our young players.
  • Terry Rozier.
  • Players worrying about their minutes and shots.
  • Team is way too dependent on Irving.
  • No reliable secondary scorer.

And there's more. I'm worried about Stevens. It doesn't seem like he has this team under control or is able to get the best out of our roster.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 06:54:18 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

And there's more. I'm worried about Stevens. It doesn't seem like he has this team under control or is able to get the best out of our roster.
I don't believe we have all of these issues you mentioned, but I also don't think we have solved all them.
By "the storm is over" I meant we are over with chemistry issues of knowing who is who on this team and I think that there is great value in it.
I might be wrong, of course, but that's how I feel right now.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 07:22:55 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

I don't believe we have all of these issues you mentioned, but I also don't think we have solved all them.
By "the storm is over" I meant we are over with chemistry issues of knowing who is who on this team and I think that there is great value in it.

I don't think Jaylen Brown is satisfied with playing 25 minutes a night as a reserve. Neither do I believe that Rozier will embrace his role, even if he starts playing better I assume that he expects to be rewarded with more minutes (which simply aren't there). And my opinion is that Morris/Horford as a frontcourt combo is far too weak on the defensive end, Baynes should be brought into the starting line-up. And we're still searching for a way too get consistent production from our bench.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 08:36:35 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

I agree with many of these especially the second to last one.  Irving has been bailing us out with his unbelievable play lately.  Look at last night’s game our second unit let the Heat back in the game that we had to bring Irving in to close it out.   I was hoping the second unit could at least sustain the lead so Irving could rest.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 08:59:11 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Still extremely weak at the front court positions.

Any injury to Baynes or Horford and we're in deep trouble.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 09:19:10 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

nice list ....Hayward s play is just not cutting it .

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

Too much pressure on Irving .  Hayward needs to score 15-20 pergame like he was hired . 

When he performs at expected levels the wins come easy. 

If Hayward would step up and play like star .....the rest would fall in behind him.....Tatum , Brown and Morris .   But his erratic play and disappearing, really screws up the pecking order. 

When ever he getsnover this mental issues and starts playing like a starter ,  then Brown and Morris will know their places.  a comfort zone will reached with everybody knowing their job .

Right now Hayward is a square peg trying to fit in a roundnhole.

He is suppose to help Kyrie handle the load and start .

Rozier playing like a pig is next issue .  He is play n for himself and not the team .  It seems s obvious and he should be benched for it .

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 09:25:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In a turbulent turn of events, these past weeks, or even last 3 months, I feel like Celtics have come out of the storm.
There were many questions, egos, hungry players, and too few minutes and answers at the beginning of the year.
But after the conflict phase relationships enter the acceptance phase and I'd say we are there now.

Kyrie, still learning the ropes of being a leader but possessing the 1-in-a-billion-talent was naturally frustrated after our losses, like all players were.
He came out a bit reckless criticizing young players publicly, they certainly didn't like it, but judging by the past 4 games since the friction came out, they have accepted it. They, like all of our veteran players, knew before, now understand that Kyrie is a to lead them toward success. The best thing they can do themselves is to support him and give their best at the stuff they can control - Give effort and fall into a line. Voluntary cooperation.

Al said about Kyrie: “Having that kind of player, and that kind of luxury, where we can just let him kind of take over, is good.”
I think that sums things up. Fight as a unit, make the job for Kyrie easier, and he will be killing it like we know he is capable of killing teams.
31&11 on 60% since that spat. The spat that resolved the pecking order - once and for all. I hope.

Its not over

Lets see how this team deals with a loss or 2 in a row

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Its not over

Lets see how this team deals with a loss or 2 in a row

i agree , it s not over for items i listed above.   People still don't know their roles ,  even Irving is admitted he is new to leading and its harder than he thought.   At least he is owning up to his oversight . I d like to see Al have more input in controling what goes on on court . 

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I don't think so.

• Inconsistent effort.
  • Terry Rozier.

I agree with many of these especially the second to last one.  Irving has been bailing us out with his unbelievable play lately.  Look at last night’s game our second unit let the Heat back in the game that we had to bring Irving in to close it out.   I was hoping the second unit could at least sustain the lead so Irving could rest.
That's why we need a 2nd star.  Maybe a big guy of similar age as Irving.   ;)

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 09:49:25 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
If we go on a losing streak .....see how Irving and CBS pull the team together .

its stablized because Irving is caring the load .

The Harward and Rozier situation needs to resolve itself .CBS needs to stop ducking the problems and get with the program.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:02:10 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If we go on a losing streak .....see how Irving and CBS pull the team together .

its stablized because Irving is caring the load .

The Harward and Rozier situation needs to resolve itself .CBS needs to stop ducking the problems and get with the program.

Hayward and Rozier really are a problem. Both terrible against Miami last night - really bad. I want to believe Hayward is going to pull out of this, but I am losing faith it will happen this year. Right now, if I had one game to win and wasn't thinking about possible future development, I would rather have Semi on the court than Hayward. Hayward just isn't one of their best 8-9 players.