Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Real Madrid (0-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/15  (Read 29730 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Real Madrid (0-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/15
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2015, 05:05:23 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Rozier held the ball too long there after the play didn't develop, but a nice jumper.

my biggest beef with Rozier when i saw his college highlights is that he looked like he couldn't shoot..dude shooting stroke looks nice.

« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
"Ainge nailed this draft"

This will be the understatement of the decade.  All 3 rooks have major talent and upside.  Probably won't see the true results 3-5 years out, but man, these youngins have mad game.

« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
nice block mick!!

« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Mickey is a beast !!!

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's just remember that Ainge drafted three guys who spent multiple years in college and they're all 21 years old. 

They each have some real skills, but how much room they have to grow and whether they can be more than limited role players at this level remains to be seen.

Also they're playing against a bunch of dudes who probably wouldn't even hold down a roster spot in the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Conflicted about RJ.  Dude has a very quick trigger, which on the one hand tells you that he knows what his role is and how he's going to make it in this league.  On the other hand, he's shooting a very low percentage through two games, albeit in short minutes.  Kinda seems like he needs to find other ways to contribute and pick his spots a bit more.
RJ was pretty disappointing in Summer league.  Shot terribly and put up pretty mediocre stats considering his college pedigree.   I expect very little from the rookies this year.  All of them will be D-Leaguing. 

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Smart with a game today more like what he did last year.  1-6, 7 pts 5 ast with 5 fouls. 0-2 from deep.  But he did get to the line 6 times.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:37 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
Let's just remember that Ainge drafted three guys who spent multiple years in college and they're all 21 years old. 

They each have some real skills, but how much room they have to grow and whether they can be more than limited role players at this level remains to be seen.

Also they're playing against a bunch of dudes who probably wouldn't even hold down a roster spot in the NBA.

Since when did 21 become 31 ?

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Conflicted about RJ.  Dude has a very quick trigger, which on the one hand tells you that he knows what his role is and how he's going to make it in this league.  On the other hand, he's shooting a very low percentage through two games, albeit in short minutes.  Kinda seems like he needs to find other ways to contribute and pick his spots a bit more.
RJ was pretty disappointing in Summer league.  Shot terribly and put up pretty mediocre stats considering his college pedigree.   I expect very little from the rookies this year.  All of them will be D-Leaguing.

Yeah considering Sullinger and Jerebko will probably be rotting on the bench for much of these games, I don't expect to see the rookies (or Young) on the floor much at all.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I love Mickey doing the KG - instigating then walking away with his hands raised lol

« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

21 is fully grown (in terms of frame, not necessarily muscle) and guys who come into the league at that age typically don't show as much improvement as guys who come in as teenagers.  It's pretty well documented.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
David Lee is an old-school 80's player...would have fit well on our 2008 team also.
I've been on board with Lee since we brought him in.  I didn't get why people were so negative about the move.  Seemed to me, he was instantly the best player on the team. 

Precisely because he might be the best player on that team . . . and that tells you something about where the team is at.  Kind of strange to be giving big minutes to veterans at this point in the rebuild, considering where the team is at talent-wise.

But with the Nets and Mavs picks owed to us this year, we might be able to fight for respectability in the middle of the pack this year and still get rewarded with the talent we need in the draft.
Yeah i get it... fans not liking the idea of making moves that plant us firmly in the middle.   But this team seemed to make a commitment to mediocrity in the middle of last season and unless we stumble out of the gate (pushing us into tank mode), I figure we'll continue to have that mentality.  We made moves this offseason that might take this 35-40 win team into the 40-45 win territory.

A lot rides on the Nets and Mavs picks now... DA made great value deals, took advantage of the IT and Lee situations to get them for pennies on the dollar. You have to make those deals when the opportunity presents itself. Now if the Nets completely collapse we'll get a to 5 pick to add to this roster, best case scenario two lotto picks, or we package some of these guys and those picks for a star. I don't think we're necessarily in a mode of mediocrity because of those picks

« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell

21 is fully grown (in terms of frame, not necessarily muscle) and guys who come into the league at that age typically don't show as much improvement as guys who come in as teenagers.  It's pretty well documented.

You're being quite ridiculous with your statements.  21 means nothing.  Still room to grow and become great.  Don't set a limit on a 21 year old.  All 3 have a shot with their talents.

« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Smart with a game today more like what he did last year.  1-6, 7 pts 5 ast with 5 fouls. 0-2 from deep.  But he did get to the line 6 times.

The aggression is the difference. He just needs to put it all together. I'd rather see that stat line the way he played today than him last year just jacking up 3s

« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

You're being quite ridiculous with your statements.  21 means nothing.  Still room to grow and become great.  Don't set a limit on a 21 year old.  All 3 have a shot with their talents.

How is it quite ridiculous to say that 3 guys selected in the mid to late 1st / early 2nd of a draft that was considered pretty weak will probably just be role players in the NBA and that they might not have a ton of room for improvement?

If these guys had the potential to become much more than what they are now, they wouldn't have been available when the Celts were picking.
- Mark Twain