Poll

Series is currently tied 1-1. How do you see the next 2 games unfolding?

Boston Wins Game 3, Loses Game 4
6 (20%)
Boston Loses Game 3, Wins Game 4
1 (3.3%)
Milwaukee Wins Both Games 3 + 4
0 (0%)
Boston Wins Both Games 3 + 4
23 (76.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Ugly Loss, But We Did Our Job. Now The Series "Officially Starts" Friday Night  (Read 4343 times)

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Couple of things:

1. I am more disappointed in how they lost. They were not even competitive. I could have accepted a close loss or one they showed a little more effort in. Felt like a regular season game in January.

2. I am happy they have the split. Best of 5. But they need to win Friday. Boston needs to dictate the series and not have to chase it.

3. At this point I am willing to give Giannis his points. They have to stop Middleton. He is killing them and always seems to. The 3 point shooting is what hurts Boston the most.

4. I am hoping Boston does not get 3 point happy themselves. Play inside out.

5. Last season vs this team the Cs were tied after 4 games coming home. They could not win on the road. Well it has been a long time since the Cs have even played a home game. Going 3-1 in four straight road games is pretty good. Now they need to set the tone Friday.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Celts did indeed win one on the road which is what they needed to do.

That said, they still have lots of room for improvement.

Tatum needs to play better. He hasn't even been a factor in this series.

Kyrie needs to trust his teammates a little more. In game 2, he tried doing too much on his own. Furthermore, the Bucks know the ball is going to be in Kyrie's hands and they're defending him accordingly.

Brad may want to stick with keeping Morris on the bench. I get Morris is a good match for Giannis because of his size but Morris sadly has the dubious ability of shooting the Celtics out of a game.

We need to see more of the Gordon Hayward we saw in game 4 vs Indy and in game 1 of this series. Hayward was also a no-show yesterday.

Finally, keep Rozier on the bench and have Hayward be the point guard for the 2nd unit. Yes, I know Hayward is naturally a small forward, but I've noticed he's very good when he's running the offense. I saw enough of Rozier and all his missed shots in game 2 to say that we really don't need or want him on the court right now. He's really hurting us.

I'm one of the more critical people about Morris but he have played well as of late, especially in this series. I agree with Hayward running offense in the 2nd unit.

Morris did play well in game 1, but in game 2 when the going got tough, he just kept shooting and shooting and then missing.
We've seen Morris do this before. Guess what I am getting at is we have very little margin for error. If Brad needs to tighten up the rotations, so be it. The NBA has unfortunately set up the playoffs so there's like 3 months in between each game, so if less guys need to play more minutes, fine by me. I am not saying not play Morris at all. I just think he should be coming off the bench and if he starts playing his usual isolated offense and it's not working, send him back to the bench.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Timelord, please.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Timelord, please.

Are we trying to lose? Even in the garbage time minutes he had in Game 2, his defensive positioning was terrible.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 594
Unless middleton can shoot 10000% from 3 again, they are not winning in Boston.

MKE won in the most unsustainable way possible. Kyrie playing poor and them shooting lights out from 3. The odds of that happening again are not very good. A win is a win I know, but some win's just don't appear all that great when you see how the game went down.

MKE has shown nothing in these last 2 games to suggest they are as good as Boston. We'll continue to rough up Giannis in the paint and do a better job at closing out on the 3pt attempts.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Milwaukee is a poor man's GS. They are good when the hit 3s in volume. Make them play honest basketball and they are average.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Unless middleton can shoot 10000% from 3 again, they are not winning in Boston.
Sadly I just kind of assume he's always going to shoot 50% from three against the C's. He's done it for two years now over 16 games!

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
I think people are overlooking the fact that the Bucks played stifling defense in game 2. Celtics couldn't generate the easy 10-18ft jumpers that they got in game 1. First half the Celtics hit some tough shots, especially Brown, a bit of Morris and a bit of Tatum. 2nd half we weren't able to hit the tough shots. And throughout the game, passes weren't able to make it through traffic, Kyrie in particular sailed several off their mark (His passing accuracy was almost as bad as his shooting accuracy).

Gotta get back to the pick and pop game that was creating all those open jumpers. And pass with purpose and accuracy.

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
.... AND it likely ends ...   :(

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Smarts defense and heart is the only thing that can regain momentum and turn this series around or Celts are toast
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Smarts defense and heart is the only thing that can regain momentum and turn this series around or Celts are toast

They're already toast pretty much. HAD to protect home court.

We took 1 at MIL but I doubt we'll be able to take another one there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
And it starts with us handing them back HCA. Utter embarrassment of a showing tonight, especially in the third quarter.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I really do not see them winning another game in this series.

The way the Bucks get to the FT line when the Cs just look at them, the fact Boston is so inconsistent on offense...pretty much done.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

They're already toast pretty much. HAD to protect home court.

We took 1 at MIL but I doubt we'll be able to take another one there.

Yup. That's two straight PATHETIC second halves. Such a disappointment.

And yeah, they need a heck of a lot more than Smart to turn this around.

What a bunch of underachievers.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Milwaukee is a poor man's GS. They are good when the hit 3s in volume. Make them play honest basketball and they are average.
pretty much describes the C's as well.  if the C's hit their 3's, the last 2 games aren't blowouts and quite possibly wins.  problem is that they've been way too inconsistent with shooting this year