Poll

Would you trade Brown straight-up for Harden?

Yes
No
Undecided

Author Topic: Harden For Brown?  (Read 7043 times)

Re: Harden For Brown?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The thing about Harden is that the game is so slow for him, and it has always been.

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Watching the rockets-kings game now. Harden seems way overweight. One has to wonder if he’s even going to be back to his playing weight as the season progresses.

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Watching the rockets-kings game now. Harden seems way overweight. One has to wonder if he’s even going to be back to his playing weight as the season progresses.

the way he is playing does he need to? He is having the best start of his career is what the Houston announcers said.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2020, 09:30:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
this Houston team is ballin... one of my favorite teams to watch outside the Cs.

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Harden makes basketball look so easy...it is almost like he is not putting in any effort. Has there been a study into why some players can just flat out shoot the ball like Harden does?

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2020, 10:25:49 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I definitely want to keep Jaylen.  But I am pretty fickle - it would take me about 18 seconds to get excited about Harden if Danny pulled the trigger.   But I hope he doesn’t and I don’t think he will.

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2020, 10:35:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Oh WOW.... I just typed the Kardashians in another thread and realized that Harden dated Khloe who is now involved with Thompson. Yet another reason not to even go there. Probably why Harden did not put the Cs on his first list.

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Harden makes basketball look so easy...it is almost like he is not putting in any effort. Has there been a study into why some players can just flat out shoot the ball like Harden does?
Happens when you're 6'4-6'5 and jacked with great touch.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 03:48:50 AM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
JKJB !

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 08:02:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Happens when you're 6'4-6'5 and jacked with great touch.
Yeah, he’s got all the tools. Good size for a guard, as strong as a PF, elite ball-skills (shooting, passing and handling) and he understands defences.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2021, 12:50:15 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We’re currently a .500 team with Brown, albeit without Kemba. What are we if we trade Brown for Harden? Does anybody really see us losing to the Pistons tonight if Harden is playing instead of Brown?

Harden’s PIPM is just shy of 7 compared to Brown’s 0.7. Harden is averaging 37.0 PPG, the best in the league, and averaging 11.0 APG, only behind Jokic and Westbrook. Harden is also averaging 5.0 three pointers per game. Averaging a double-double with over a 3:1 ratio on points to assists? Incredible. And he’s just getting started. Imagine his best teammate going from C. Wood to Tatum. Good lord, the sparks will fly...

This is a no-brainer, folks. Harden gives us a shot at a championship THIS year and next. Without Harden, we’re possibly a borderline playoff team. Why again would we not make this move?

I don’t like Harden, but I like championship runs more than I dislike Harden.

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 12:53:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We’re currently a .500 team with Brown, albeit without Kemba. What are we if we trade Brown for Harden? Does anybody really see us losing to the Pistons tonight if Harden is playing instead of Brown?

Harden’s PIPM is just shy of 7 compared to Brown’s 0.7. Harden is averaging 37.0 PPG, the best in the league, and averaging 11.0 APG, only behind Jokic and Westbrook. Harden is also averaging 5.0 three pointers per game.

This is a no-brainer, folks. Harden gives us a shot at a championship THIS year and next. Without Harden, we’re possibly a borderline playoff team...

How many Harden-led teams have been actual contenders?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Harden’s PIPM is just shy of 7 compared to Brown’s 0.7. Harden is averaging 37.0 PPG, the best in the league, and averaging 11.0 APG, only behind Jokic and Westbrook. Harden is also averaging 5.0 three pointers per game.

This is a no-brainer, folks. Harden gives us a shot at a championship THIS year and next. Without Harden, we’re possibly a borderline playoff team...

They were the only competition for the Warriors during their heyday, save for the 2016 fluke. Remember how the joke was that the western conference finals was really the NBA Finals?

As good as CP3 was, he was oft-injured and was not as good in his 30s as Tatum is now. Westbrook was a disaster and last year was the first time in many years they did not seriously contend for the title. That said, had the Rockets been in the East they’d have been in the Finals almost every year since 2015, save possibly for Kawhi’s one year.

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 01:03:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

They were the only competition for the Warriors during their heyday, save for the 2016 fluke. Remember how the joke was that the western conference finals was really the NBA Finals?

As good as CP3 was, he was oft-injured and was not as good in his 30s as Tatum is now. Westbrook was a disaster and last year was the first time in many years they did not seriously contend for the title. That said, had the Rockets been in the East they’d have been in the Finals almost every year since 2015, save possibly for Kawhi’s one year.

Harden and Tatum would be a nightmare to watch play together.

Harden is a great individual talent. A team wins a championship unless your on basketballs Mount Rushmore. Harden is not.

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 02:42:04 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

I see this sentiment thrown around a bunch and I find it inherently unfair.

First off, what makes a “contender”?

Secondly, there are a bunch of counter-examples to this point if you look hard enough. I mean, pre-2008, how many Pierce-led teams were contenders? Or prior to Cassell & Sprewell, KG had nothing but first round exits to his resume. Could we have used this argument against acquiring KG for Al Jefferson?

- LilRip