Author Topic: Celtics (21-6) at Clippers (15-13) Game #28 12/12/22  (Read 9582 times)

Re: Celtics (21-6) at Clippers (15-13) Game #28 12/12/22
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2022, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1381
Went to bed so I missed the game live...watching again that was probably the most disappointing loss of the season. The defeat to the Dubs was disapponting because it was a grudge game, but at least they looked like they were trying and just couldn't make shots. In this case they looked like they felt they were entitled to win and couldn't understand why they weren't winning. I've said before this team needs to learn to win ugly, when their shot is not falling, and it's clear they still don't know how to consistently do that.

You're not going to shoot 45% from 3 and blow teams away all the time. Especially once teams start working out counters to what we are doing. They have to work out ways to remain competitive and win when the shots aren't going in. Losing Al really has a big effect on the team, because that's the position we are weakest in. Blake and Kornet will have their moments but they don't have that level of consistency of performance in a key position.

And the complaining to the referees, to me that's the epitome of entitlement. Yes the refs suck. But you're not fans who can complain from their loungerooms, you're players who have to keep playing to the whistle. It felt like they started to adopt a "we wuz robbed" mentality during the game, well with that attitude, if you feel you're at war with the officials as well, you'll never win. Someone needs to talk to GWill, I'm starting to notice the biggest issues he has is with female refs - this time it was Ashley Moyer Gleitch. He doesn't want to get a rep as a player who disrespects women refs because every single one of them will be on the lookout for him.

Let's hope for a better bounceback performance, going back to the basis and doing them correctly, against the Fakers tonight.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2022, 12:22:28 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
Coach Joe getting outcoached by Tyronn Lue.

We def need a more vet and experienced coach. Is Coach Snyder still available?

LOL isn't this an overreaction to a couple of bad games  :police:

Some of you guys really find it hard to deal with losses...The team is 21-7, they're in a 2 game losing streak, and we're going to flick the coach? To me these losses are all part of the learning so that we play at our best in June. These are doses of humility that ultimately this team needs - because I'm getting the sense they think they're a lot better than they really are. Shooting 23% from 3 but taking 40 shots from 3, turning the ball over 15 times, I'm not sure how that's Joe's fault.

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2973
Whelp ….I missed the game last night …..sick as dog .  Could not even watch basketball.  My wife had been sick the day before , then yesterday at noon of course It hit me like a ton of bricks

So, my wife doctor tested her this morning .  Doc was worried and want to know exactly what she had .  Report came back not this years flu.

It took 3 years but we were infected with the COVID virus,

We had all the original shots ,  but none the past year .

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2022, 01:15:52 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
Whelp ….I missed the game last night …..sick as dog .  Could not even watch basketball.  My wife had been sick the day before , then yesterday at noon of course It hit me like a ton of bricks

So, my wife doctor tested her this morning .  Doc was worried and want to know exactly what she had .  Report came back not this years flu.

It took 3 years but we were infected with the COVID virus,

We had all the original shots ,  but none the past year .

That sucks  :-[ I hope you guys feel better soon

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2022, 03:02:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Coach Joe getting outcoached by Tyronn Lue.

We def need a more vet and experienced coach. Is Coach Snyder still available?

LOL isn't this an overreaction to a couple of bad games  :police:

Some of you guys really find it hard to deal with losses...The team is 21-7, they're in a 2 game losing streak, and we're going to flick the coach? To me these losses are all part of the learning so that we play at our best in June. These are doses of humility that ultimately this team needs - because I'm getting the sense they think they're a lot better than they really are. Shooting 23% from 3 but taking 40 shots from 3, turning the ball over 15 times, I'm not sure how that's Joe's fault.
I wouldn’t take his posts at face value. Only need to look at his posting history and see some of the most extreme overreactions, bordering on trolling
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2022, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
I’m concerned about Mazzulla. Outcoached badly by Kerr and Splostra, now Lue. In a playoff series this maters. Adjustments matter, can he make them when there’s push back from a good team? I thinks that’s a very fair concern. I’m not saying it’s a huge deal now but something to keep an eye on. And why can’t we get some1 with experience on that bench? And why do JT and JB keep playing in blowouts? Again That seems fair to me.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2022, 04:39:40 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1450
I’m concerned about Mazzulla. Outcoached badly by Kerr and Splostra, now Lue. In a playoff series this maters. Adjustments matter, can he make them when there’s push back from a good team? I thinks that’s a very fair concern. I’m not saying it’s a huge deal now but something to keep an eye on. And why can’t we get some1 with experience on that bench? And why do JT and JB keep playing in blowouts? Again That seems fair to me.

Will start worrying if/when the Celtics no longer have the best record in basketball. Last 10 games Boston is 7-3 and the losses are to good teams. Not worried.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2022, 07:20:49 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

*sippin*