Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

Wilder vs Fury

(1/2) > >>

mr. dee:
Im kinda surprised nobody is talking about this. This is the biggest American heavyweight boxing bout in years. USA doesn't have that name since Mike Tyson.

Deontay Wilder is an athletic freak with sledge hammer on his hands.
He currently holds the WBC Heavyweight Title and have defended it several times since 2015.
40-0 with 39 KOs

Tyson Fury is savy technical boxer who fights with awkward style. Gypsy King compensate his lack of power with his lateral movement and natural reflexes. As massive as he is, Fury is very agile despite his size.
He is also the lineal heavyweight champion on which he took from former heavyweight king, Wladimir Klitchsko.

Tyson temporarily retired after having drug and alcoholic problems but have returned to the ring and now have 2 fights under his belt since June of this year.

Tyson-Fury was announced after Wilder's team negotiation with UK Heavyweight King, Anthony Joshua fell apart.

Bout is set next week, December 1 on Staple Center.

KG Living Legend:
https://youtu.be/Tb3Nhy0mTQY

GreenEnvy:
Wilder vs Joshua would have gotten a lot more buzz. Being that Fury hasn’t done anything meaningful in 3 whole years, that knocks this down a peg even though he’s a live dog and talks one heck of a game.

This is only Fury’s second fight in America (and it’s been 5.5 years since his first), and Wilder really isn’t much of a draw himself.

I’m looking forward to this one, but seemingly all of boxing’s megafights fail (either boring fight or bad judging). So I understand why the casual doesn’t really care.

tarheelsxxiii:
I'm looking forward to this one too.  It won't revive the sport or anything, but projects to be a good fight if Fury is in good mental and physical condition.

Let's agree not to post spoilers? I cant force myself to buy it, will download tmrw instead.

ozgod:

--- Quote from: tarheelsxxiii on December 01, 2018, 09:44:40 PM ---I'm looking forward to this one too.  It won't revive the sport or anything, but projects to be a good fight if Fury is in good mental and physical condition.

Let's agree not to post spoilers? I cant force myself to buy it, will download tmrw instead.

--- End quote ---

I won't post spoilers but I will say it's definitely worth downloading.   :angel:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version