Author Topic: Brad Stevens & Indiana Hoosiers?  (Read 7201 times)

Brad Stevens & Indiana Hoosiers?
« on: March 19, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Rumors are flying with Brad Stevens going to coach the Indiana Hoosiers..He would be great there and I wouldn’t be shock if he leave the Celtics for the Hoosiers..anyone else think he will leave?? But will Indians wait till mid May for Stevens?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Brad Stevens & Indiana Hoosiers?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Another tweet has KXCN reporting that "University of Indiana has reached an agreement with current Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens to become their next men’s basketball coach. It’s reportedly the largest coaching contract in NCAA Men’s history."  BTW, yes I know it's Indiana University....
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I hope

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
Any chance Danny can convince Larry to take the coaching job. Indina giveth and taketh away.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 04:57:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I wouldn’t be surprise if Indiana University make him the highest paid coach..they haven’t had any success for years..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Another tweet has KXCN reporting that "University of Indiana has reached an agreement with current Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens to become their next men’s basketball coach. It’s reportedly the largest coaching contract in NCAA Men’s history."  BTW, yes I know it's Indiana University....

And do you also know that KXCN is a made-up entity?

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
[https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1371866178457587716?s=20]

"I get it, I appreciate all the nice sentiments. It certainly doesn’t go unnoticed and it’s certainly very kind."

So you’re not quitting your Celtics job to coach Indiana?

"I am not."

For everyone that calls Brad a boy scout or alter boy- Do you really think he would lie about this?

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

"I get it, I appreciate all the nice sentiments. It certainly doesn’t go unnoticed and it’s certainly very kind."

"I am not."

For everyone that calls Brad a boy scout or alter boy- Do you really think he would lie about this?

Cs better hope this is true because a coach leaving Boston to go coach college ball is a bad look for the organization.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 05:34:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

"I am not."

Yea

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 06:22:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Apparently it's not. Someone in another thread checked on it as a radio station, but it's actually a TV station and part of some small broadcasting group I haven't heard of. Very suspect tweet, however, given that BS has again denied it within the last hour.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 06:25:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
loosiers trying to steal UVA coach

Dat an’t happen Indy  ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/03/celtics-brad-stevens-reaffirms-hes-not-considering-the-indiana-coaching-job-im-a-44-year-old-mEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..html

Posted about an hour ago.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 06:43:47 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/03/celtics-brad-stevens-reaffirms-hes-not-considering-the-indiana-coaching-job-im-a-44-year-old-mEdited for profanity.  Please do not do it again..html

Posted about an hour ago.

Just pasting a link and I get chewed out by a bot.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 07:01:46 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Apparently it's not. Someone in another thread checked on it as a radio station, but it's actually a TV station and part of some small broadcasting group I haven't heard of. Very suspect tweet, however, given that BS has again denied it within the last hour.

If you go to this link and enter in the call sign, you’ll see it belongs to the Coast Guard.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/callsign/main.html

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

If you go to this link and enter in the call sign, you’ll see it belongs to the Coast Guard.

http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/callsign/main.html

No más!