Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68733 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #570 on: January 31, 2021, 11:14:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW.

Stafford traded to the Rams for a HAUL including Goff + 2 future 1sts (and some more)  :o
Crazy overpay. Stafford is good, be he isn't worth selling your future for. Plus I think this trade significantly hurts any Watson trades. If Stafford goes for this, what does Watson get? Something unprecedented.
wonder if there was a bidding war for stafford. I could see belichick having interest

Apparently seven or eight teams were offering at minimum a first rounder.

I wonder what it'll now cost to get someone like Jimmy G. Teams are beginning to offer their souls for competent QBs it seems LOL
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #571 on: January 31, 2021, 11:15:46 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
WOW.

Stafford traded to the Rams for a HAUL including Goff + 2 future 1sts (and some more)  :o
Crazy overpay. Stafford is good, be he isn't worth selling your future for. Plus I think this trade significantly hurts any Watson trades. If Stafford goes for this, what does Watson get? Something unprecedented.
wonder if there was a bidding war for stafford. I could see belichick having interest

Apparently seven or eight teams were offering at minimum a first rounder.

I wonder what it'll now cost to get someone like Jimmy G. Teams are beginning to offer their souls for competent QBs it seems LOL

His injury history will diminish his trade value, no?

« Reply #572 on: January 31, 2021, 11:17:44 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW.

I actually think it makes some sense for the Rams. They are desperate, that's true. But for good reason. They've got McVay in place, and by all accounts have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. But Goff has kind of been holding them back and especially since reaching the SB in 2019 (which they shouldn't have anyways as the Saints were robbed by the refs), Goff has looked mediocre. Belichick exposed him in the SB too.

Also, Goff has the highest cap hit in the NFL I believe which is absurd. In a way, this trade might not even be entirely about Stafford, but the Rams forking over 2 future 1st rounders to dump Goff.

Meanwhile, the Rams get an upgrade at QB at a reasonable contract especially in today's NFL, and they've opened themselves a nice little 3-4 year window here. I mean, their first round picks were probably going to be in the mid-20s or early 30s anyways in all likelihood.

« Reply #573 on: February 06, 2021, 11:21:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Aaron Rodgers wins NFL MVP for having a monster season

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #574 on: February 09, 2021, 12:38:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
This is interesting. Russell Wilson reportedly is "frustrated" with the Seahawks, particularly with how they haven't been able to build a formidable O-Line for him for a handful of years (which is true). He wants to be "more active in the roster building process" according to a report.

Not saying he's definitely available in a trade, but it's something to potentially monitor.

I think in general, this will be a pretty wild offseason. There'll be a ton of QB movement I imagine.

« Reply #575 on: March 09, 2021, 01:59:12 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Dak Prescott agrees to 4-year/$160M deal with the Cowboys.

Will the Cowboys win a Superbowl within the next 4 years?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #576 on: March 09, 2021, 07:56:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Dak waaaaay overpaid
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #577 on: March 09, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
QB salaries are crazy.

« Reply #578 on: March 09, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Should be a lesson to all teams, do not Franchise QBs.   That huge contract saved them something like 15 million on this years cap vs. Franchise tagging him for the 2nd season.   

« Reply #579 on: March 09, 2021, 08:24:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dak waaaaay overpaid

When you consider last season, though, he was the difference between a watchable product and absolute garbage. He might not win you were a title, but he will get your franchise on SportsCenter and will make people tune in to the games.

Haha, SportsCenter. Where did that reference come from? 1995?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #580 on: March 09, 2021, 08:53:08 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The way QB contracts are going, we might see Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson soon be #2 and #3 in some order in terms of $$$ on their contracts. Which is ridiculous. I know Lamar was MVP in 2019 and Allen had a great 2020, but really? I do think Mahomes will stay #1 for a while though.

« Reply #581 on: March 09, 2021, 09:19:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Dak waaaaay overpaid

When you consider last season, though, he was the difference between a watchable product and absolute garbage. He might not win you were a title, but he will get your franchise on SportsCenter and will make people tune in to the games.

Dak was 1-3 in games he started and finished last year (they were up 1 in the game he got injured in, and they did win so maybe you say 2-3).  Dalton was 4-5 in the games he started last year.  They were a different team with Dalton without question as Dak was throwing it all over the field, but it didn't actually make them a better team in the only place that matters. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #582 on: March 09, 2021, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dak waaaaay overpaid

Dak was 1-3 in games he started and finished last year (they were up 1 in the game he got injured in, and they did win so maybe you say 2-3).  Dalton was 4-5 in the games he started last year.  They were a different team with Dalton without question as Dak was throwing it all over the field, but it didn't actually make them a better team in the only place that matters.

I disagree.  Entertainment value is a big factor.  Dak has swagger, leadership, stats and watchability.  He’s also never had a losing record in a full season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes