Author Topic: James Harden intentionally hits Draymond Green in head  (Read 1207 times)

James Harden intentionally hits Draymond Green in head
« on: May 07, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I didn't watch the game so just saw this now and I'm surprised nobody was talking about this in the Playoffs thread.  I think its worthy of its own thread.  I'm really tired of Harden and the nonsense he pulls in basketball games so maybe there is some bias in my annoyance here.

In the 3rd quarter of game 4 last night, James Harden wildly swings his arm after a shot and whacks Draymond in the head.  Do I think that Draymond acted a bit?  Yes.  But was that a completely unbasketball move by Harden?  Yes.  The unnatural nature of the play by Harden reminds me of Draymond's kick to the groin on Steven Adams a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ww86uo4nvY

I'd like to see the NBA crack down on plays like these.  What do you think is a fair penalty?  Flagrant 2 assessed postgame & fine (like it was to Draymond)?  Suspension?  Other?

Do you think the NBA will come down with any penalty on Harden for this today?

2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: James Harden intentionally hits Draymond Green in head
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:10:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Draymond probably had it coming.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I didn't watch the game so just saw this now and I'm surprised nobody was talking about this in the Playoffs thread.  I think its worthy of its own thread.  I'm really tired of Harden and the nonsense he pulls in basketball games so maybe there is some bias in my annoyance here.

In the 3rd quarter of game 4 last night, James Harden wildly swings his arm after a shot and whacks Draymond in the head.  Do I think that Draymond acted a bit?  Yes.  But was that a completely unbasketball move by Harden?  Yes.  The unnatural nature of the play by Harden reminds me of Draymond's kick to the groin on Steven Adams a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ww86uo4nvY

I'd like to see the NBA crack down on plays like these.  What do you think is a fair penalty?  Flagrant 2 assessed postgame & fine (like it was to Draymond)?  Suspension?  Other?

Do you think the NBA will come down with any penalty on Harden for this today?

This is Draymond Green we're talking about..

If you're gonna call Flagrant 2, then you should also crack down on the past history of negligent and dangerous dirty plays that Draymond has done in the past... He probably deserved it as footey said. Sounds like a taste of his own medicine.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Classic Kobe move.

I was shocked they didn't review it when Draymond went down after the play.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any pity for Draymond who has a history of doing cheap things like this.  But he has also been penalized for it, even suspended in a critical NBA finals game once.  Has Harden ever been suspended for something like this?  I think there needs to be consistency in the way players are treated for excessive and unnecessary contact.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I don't think he intentionally hit draymond in the head.  He intentionally swung his arms, but that is not the same thing.  If they wanted to award him some flagrant points I'd be ok with that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Chris Paul has thrown a couple of borderline cheapshots in the series so it's apparent that these two teams don't like each other that much. And in today's 'I wanna play with my friends' NBA, it's refreshing to see a real rivalry. 

I have zero sympathy for Draymond though it's definitely a questionable play by Harden.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Flagrant maybe, that's it.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Durant smacked Paul in the face pretty hard at one point...no one saw and Paul didn't protest much...he seemed to know he was succeeding at irritating the heck out of Durant.  But it was quite a swipe Durant took...

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 04:51:35 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don't really care for Harden, but there is nothing here. I feel like Draymond was trying to bait the refs to make a call. Draymond is the same guy who damaged Harden's eyes in game 2.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any pity for Draymond who has a history of doing cheap things like this.  But he has also been penalized for it, even suspended in a critical NBA finals game once.  Has Harden ever been suspended for something like this?  I think there needs to be consistency in the way players are treated for excessive and unnecessary contact.

Draymond was consistently kicking guys in the groin area that post season and was warned about it. I believe everyone was told that he would be suspended if it happened again. The guy is just a dirty player.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You're joking right? Draymond poked Harden in the eyes; twice.

And got away with it both times....

Harden does that dirty kicking out the leg to create contact, but Green has done far worse, and downright dangerous plays.... There isn't anyone more I hate than Zaza, but I would still take Draymond Green on our team.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:29:46 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30