Author Topic: Vegas: Knicks have 4th best odds in East to win 2020 title  (Read 1279 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Knicks Open At 16-1 Odds In Vegas To Win 2020 NBA Title

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26671272/vegas-sees-big-summer-knicks-ups-title-odds

The SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas on Saturday opened the Knicks at 16-1 to win the 2020 NBA championship. New York is behind only the Milwaukee Bucks (9-2), Boston Celtics (7-1) and Philadelphia 76ers (10-1) in the Eastern Conference. Kevin Durant's pending free agency is the reason why.

Re: Vegas: Knicks have 4th best odds in East to win 2020 title
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 11:44:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
This isn't KG and Allen joining Pierce or Lebron joining Bosh and Wade, this is Durant potentially joining a barren wasteland in a team that has not won a title in a half a century. Can we bet against that happening?! Knicks are not winning a thing. They traded their best player recently as well. Who exactly will he be playing with?

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 12:39:24 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The Knicks haven't won anything since beating the corpses of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett only to fall apart in the second round after.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 01:15:09 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Reminds me of the early odds last summer for LAL before LeBron joined.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 01:57:55 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Sandler was on SNL a few hours ago, first time in 24 years. Begged KD and Kyrie to join the Knicks as part of his Weekend Update gags
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 02:08:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I mean, KD Kyrie and whoever they get in exchange for a top 3 pick could be pretty good.

Theyll be a miserable circus but they'll look really good at times.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just protecting themselves from the amount of hyped Knick fan money they anticipate seeing.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Even if they just land Durant, the rookie, and no one else, I think the Knicks are a top 5 level of team in the East next year especially if they can retain Jordan (which they may be able to do if they only get Durant and no other free agents). 

I mean this team is probably better than Indiana and depending on Irving, Leonard, and Butler/Harris could be better than Boston, Toronto, and Philadelphianto (for the sake of discussion lets just give them Barrett).

PG - Smith, Ntkilina
SG - Knox, Trier
SF - Barrett
PF - Durant, Ellenson
C - Jordan, Robinson

Maybe you bring back some of the vets or some vets in free agency.  That seems like a top 5 team in the East and one that still has plenty of assets to move for vets.  That team in the playoffs with Durant leading the way and I could see a run to the finals as Durant has that special ability to carry a team on his back.  I don't think they would get by Milwaukee (though they have their own free agent issues), but you never know, especially if other East contenders suffer free agency losses.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip