Author Topic: Lakers Closing in on Lue  (Read 3921 times)

Re: Lakers Closing in on Lue
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm sure land Lue is really going to be a major draw for free agents this summer  ::)

"Wanna come play for Lebron & his "yes-man"?"

In fairness, reports are that Lue is one of the few coaches to stand up to Lebron. That may be why he appeals to the Lakers.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Tyronn Lue is the assistant coach. LeBron James is the head coach.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So regardless what Lakers brass and fans claim, it's true that Lebron is running the show there  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 03:45:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I feel like this hire could be the death kneel on Lebron James being relevant. The lakers are already at a disadvantage with their roster against most teams (even if they were to land a second star somehow). Now they are putting themselves at a further disadvantage with a guy that is pretty objectively viewed as a below average x’s and o’s Coach

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 04:11:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I feel like this hire could be the death kneel on Lebron James being relevant. The lakers are already at a disadvantage with their roster against most teams (even if they were to land a second star somehow). Now they are putting themselves at a further disadvantage with a guy that is pretty objectively viewed as a below average x’s and o’s Coach

its nothing more than about what Lebron wants,   he doesn't want anybody telling him what to do ,  but the person who signs his checks is his only boss in his mind. If LA wants to keep Lebron they need to get him the proper YES MAN ....Lue has a proven track record , he can be trusted to suck up to his every whim.   Lebron knows he will be submissive ....its a win win win....puts laker fans in the seats .  Lebron scores the big bucks, whines about needing help ....same ol same ol song ...new town
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:22:45 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So regardless what Lakers brass and fans claim, it's true that Lebron is running the show there  :P

LA made a deal with the devil.   threw 150 million out the window ,millions of kids will love it and buy lakers junk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:16:47 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 04:54:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Gotta have someone LeBron respects. Lue makes sense.

It is underwhelming but LeBron will undermine almost all other alternatives. Better to go with a mediocre coach he'll work with than a good coach he won't work with.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
whoever James want, James will get
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm sure land Lue is really going to be a major draw for free agents this summer  ::)

In fairness, reports are that Lue is one of the few coaches to stand up to Lebron. That may be why he appeals to the Lakers.

Stand up to him how?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So stupid. The Lakers should have hired somebody who has had success with young players.

I would have offered the Nuggets some draft compensation for Mike Malone, I think, or gone with Joerger.
there is currently only one player on the lakers that ownership is concerned with - james.

lue has a record of success as james' coach, they did win a championship together. james wants lue, so the lakers get lue. anything else is secondary to enabling james.

While true, it’s silly. A lot of stars are already shying away from Lebron. Surrendering total control to Lebron will only cement that, while the most talented home grown players will continue to be pushed to the side.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 08:23:46 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Would have bet everything Lue would be coach. They need to make it look like Lebron did not demand this.

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 08:37:56 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
they want him cuz he is a puppet...a yes man..smh

*sippin*

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
So stupid. The Lakers should have hired somebody who has had success with young players.

I would have offered the Nuggets some draft compensation for Mike Malone, I think, or gone with Joerger.
there is currently only one player on the lakers that ownership is concerned with - james.

lue has a record of success as james' coach, they did win a championship together. james wants lue, so the lakers get lue. anything else is secondary to enabling james.

While true, it’s silly. A lot of stars are already shying away from Lebron. Surrendering total control to Lebron will only cement that, while the most talented home grown players will continue to be pushed to the side.
we agree. and, since i of course loath the laker scum, am delighted that ala kobe, james may be hamstringing the laker for many years to come.

sometimes life is good.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 09:23:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Stand up to him how?

I think Richard Jefferson or another teammate said when LeBron tried to call a play Lue would tell him to back off they weren’t going to do that. Saw on TV. May have been another teammate.