Author Topic: Donatas Motiejunas  (Read 851 times)

Donatas Motiejunas
« on: March 25, 2019, 05:05:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I'm sure he'll look great for the Spurs....

ESPN:

"The San Antonio Spurs have agreed to a deal with veteran Donatas Motiejunas, sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
San Antonio needed another big man after buying out Pau Gasol, who signed with the Bucks. Motiejunas provides depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge and Jakob Poeltl.

The 7-foot Motiejunas is capable inside and out. But NBA centers have gotten so good at 3-point shooting so quickly. I’m not sure Motiejunas remains ahead of the curve on the perimeter.

Whatever his current ability, he should at least fit well with the Spurs. They maximize skilled bigs."

Re: Donatas Motiejunas
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 05:08:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm sure he'll look great for the Spurs....

ESPN:

"The San Antonio Spurs have agreed to a deal with veteran Donatas Motiejunas, sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
San Antonio needed another big man after buying out Pau Gasol, who signed with the Bucks. Motiejunas provides depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge and Jakob Poeltl.

The 7-foot Motiejunas is capable inside and out. But NBA centers have gotten so good at 3-point shooting so quickly. I’m not sure Motiejunas remains ahead of the curve on the perimeter.

Whatever his current ability, he should at least fit well with the Spurs. They maximize skilled bigs."

I'm not so interested in what he'll do for the Spurs because I think they're a second tier team in the West.

I am interested in the return of Motiejunas, who showed some real promise a few years ago and then couldn't get healthy. He's 28 so if he's 100%, he could still have some good run left in him. Heck, maybe if he looks good as a Spur he could be a summer FA target.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Donatas Motiejunas
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 05:20:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He makes sense for their system.

I think when he entered the NBA the rockets tried to make him into an Ersan Ilyasova / Channing Frye type stretch 5.  Seems like he may be more suited to a role as a more traditional 4/5 with some touch and range.

If Pop can't get something out of him, he's probably just not suited for the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain