No
16 (26.7%)
I'm on the fence
8 (13.3%)
I do not trust Ainge
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 06:56:25 PM

Author Topic: Would you be ok with 3-5 more years of rebuilding?  (Read 3458 times)

Re: Would you be ok with 3-5 more years of rebuilding?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:03 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Here is how I look at it.  If we are using assets now to trade for a star like Griffin, Cousins, Love, Butler ect I'd like to see it followed up with a big sign in free agency to go all in.  I'd also much rather use assets for youngish star so we have him for his prime rather than say someone like Anthony. That could give us a solid 5 years of contending.

If we aren't trading for a star I still wouldn't mind signing a 30ish free agent like Howard as you aren't using assets to do so.

If none of that comes to be I'm willing to be very patient for long sustained success.  I really like how we have lined up 4 potential lottery picks now and in the future (this year, Swap rights next year with Nets, 2018 Nets pick, and future Memphis pick.) If we don't look like we are contending anytime soon in the next year or 2 I'd look to lining up more future lottery picks considering trading Thomas, Bradley, Crowder. Ect.  Give us more chances at high end young talent.

Re: Would you be ok with 3-5 more years of rebuilding?
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I feel that DA's #1 option is to trade for a proven star like Butler, Griffin, Cousins, George, etc.

But if that doesn't happen, he will stick with the draft.  We can get a very high ceiling player at #3, and might have to wait a little for him to develop.

Considering we are building off a 48 win team, having the luxury to add these high ceiling picks, while our current core gets better is a great situation to be in.

I feel with the way the playoffs are rolling that Durant will stay put.  Which means the top free agents left are probably Horford, Gasol, Whiteside, Biyombo, etc.

These are all big men, but look at the draft and there is a wealth of big men available in that top and middle range.  So do you give a proven but aging Horford or Gasol a big contract, or you go with youth and upside via draft?