Author Topic: Lakers (27-27) at Celtics (35-19) Game #55 2/7/19  (Read 57074 times)

Re: Lakers (27-27) at Celtics (35-19) Game #55 2/7/19
« Reply #945 on: February 07, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Yeah, this loss hurts but life goes on.

Onto the next game.

I won't feel so good though if we enter the playoffs with the 4 seed and don't have home court in the 2nd round.

We need the 3 seed at the very least.
3 and 4 aren’t different from that perspective. You still host the first round in a, now, 4 team conference. And you still go on the road in the 2nd round. So real question is if you’d rather face Milwaukee or Toronto.

« Reply #946 on: February 07, 2019, 11:55:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
ihate losing ....but at least Boston played hard enough to win and i thought they might .  Lakers hit every 3 they needed.  They are an awful three team most of the time. Glade we played hardd and did not let them put a blow out on us.

figured they would be hitting their shots ,  they could n't throw it in the ocean at Indy.

other than homecourt ,  every mental factor was against Boston,   Lebron wanting to redeem the worst loss in his career , the trade , Rondo at Boston ,  Kyrie seemed disengaged ,  i knew without Baynes Mcgee would have a field day.  He was dominated by Turner the other night. Lakers were ripe to engage and come back after the Indy game and they did.  Indy did us no favor the other.  Bron aways comes back with the extra effort after a blowout .

« Reply #947 on: February 07, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
As for Brad Stevens, I'm about done with him. He looks like he's only good for a rebuilding team. Get a new coach who can work with this core.

And you can bet the Pelicans were watching this game. They might reconsider Ainge's package and want the Lakers' package instead after tonight's game. Kyle Kuzma destroyed almost every Celtics players out there.

stevens can coach.  ainge built him a bad locker room with no hierarchy

He can coach under achievers.  He’s got stars now.  Might be time to get someone that’s actually played in the league

Maybe Scott Brooks or Larry Drew is available.

« Reply #948 on: February 08, 2019, 12:02:31 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
As for Brad Stevens, I'm about done with him. He looks like he's only good for a rebuilding team. Get a new coach who can work with this core.

And you can bet the Pelicans were watching this game. They might reconsider Ainge's package and want the Lakers' package instead after tonight's game. Kyle Kuzma destroyed almost every Celtics players out there.

He can coach under achievers.  He’s got stars now.  Might be time to get someone that’s actually played in the league

Maybe Scott Brooks or Larry Drew is available.

Jason Kidd, too. Maybe we could snipe Magic Johnson? Where's Ty Lue?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #949 on: February 08, 2019, 12:06:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I hear Tyronn Lue is available. NBA World Champion head coach plus a former player. He has to be a better coach than Stevens

« Reply #950 on: February 08, 2019, 12:08:47 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Oh well.  We'll beat them in LA. 

They might make more free throws next time, but they won't make nearly as many 3's.

No they won't. They're getting swept by LA lol. They couldn't even put them away at the Garden with an 18 point lead what makes you think they'll beat them at Staples Center ugh. Plus the Celtics aren't even a good road team.

We're going to play better post All Star Break as we always do.  The Lakers had a fluke game today.  It's basketball.  Large leads evaporate all the time in the NBA, everyone who watches basketball knows that.

We will win in LA.

I'm tired of hearing that they are going to play better after Christmas...after the All Star Break...when the playoff get going.

This team is flawed.
Every team is flawed. Every team has bad games. No team ever won every game in the season and playoffs. We lost 8 playoff games last year yet had a trenendous playoff season.

This team has tons of room for improvement. That makes me feel good because I would rather have a great team going through a bad loss than a bad team falling short of a great win.

The Celtics have won more games since Thanksgiving than anyone else. Great teams learn from games like this then put it behind them and concentrate on being great again. As a player, it's best to have no short term memory after losses and awful shooting nights.

But it's the Lakers, Nick—THE LAKERS.

Everything you wrote makes complete sense, but this was a gut punch. Especially for people like me who live in L.A. and have to hear about this at work tomorrow from all the Lakers fans.

I can relate. Oh well, I'm still gonna bring my Celtics lunch bag to work nice and proud tomorrow even when I'm gonna get dissed real bad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #951 on: February 08, 2019, 12:14:59 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Onto the next game.

I won't feel so good though if we enter the playoffs with the 4 seed and don't have home court in the 2nd round.

3 and 4 aren’t different from that perspective. You still host the first round in a, now, 4 team conference. And you still go on the road in the 2nd round. So real question is if you’d rather face Milwaukee or Toronto.

I'd actually rather face Toronto. Kawhi's good but we've proven twice this season we can handle him. Lowry is not that great. I  like the Gasol pick up but I still think we can handle them.

Right now, Milwaukee scares me. Giannis has improved, put on some muscle and developed a jump shot. Their supporting cast is also better than Toronto's with knock-down shooters like Middleton, Brogdon and newly acquired Mirotic. The only thing they're missing is a center as Brook Lopez is okay but not great. They may regret trading Maker but Milwaukee is a scary match-up.

« Reply #952 on: February 08, 2019, 12:17:19 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Onto the next game.

Toronto is easily the weakest of those three so I'll take them. And with how the Celtics been performing against inferior teams this season I don't even know if I'm confident of them playing against an Oladipo-less Pacers or a D'Angelo Russell-led Brooklyn Nets team in Round 1.

« Reply #953 on: February 08, 2019, 12:23:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Onto the next game.

Toronto is easily the weakest of those three so I'll take them. And with how the Celtics been performing against inferior teams this season I don't even know if I'm confident of them playing against an Oladipo-less Pacers or a D'Angelo Russell-led Brooklyn Nets team in Round 1.

Just realized this month we are playing Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto all on the road. Should be a telling 3 games. If we can win two out of the three, I'll be happy. If we lose all 3, we may be screwed.

« Reply #954 on: February 08, 2019, 01:05:24 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Onto the next game.

Just realized this month we are playing Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto all on the road. Should be a telling 3 games. If we can win two out of the three, I'll be happy. If we lose all 3, we may be screwed.

So you’re saying we should lube up?

« Reply #955 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:47 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
So I miss the game tonight and the game thread.  64 pages of game thread wow!!.  I haven’t read it all, but wow.  I guess we all get mad when we lose on a last second shot by a former C. I am not surprised.  The next game can’t get here fast enough.

« Reply #956 on: February 08, 2019, 01:29:20 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
So I miss the game tonight and the game thread.  64 pages of game thread wow!!.  I haven’t read it all, but wow.  I guess we all get mad when we lose on a last second shot by a former C. I am not surprised.  The next game can’t get here fast enough.

No, we all got mad because Brad Stevens allowed an 18-point Celtics lead to get blown away, poor defense, taking too many 3's and missing them, and then a former Celtics sunk the C's on a buzzer-beating jump shot he typically misses.

Oh and allowing a franchise record 22 3-pointers made for the second-worst shooting team in the NBA happen at the TD Garden.

« Reply #957 on: February 08, 2019, 02:04:40 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

No, we all got mad because Brad Stevens allowed an 18-point Celtics lead to get blown away, poor defense, taking too many 3's and missing them, and then a former Celtics sunk the C's on a buzzer-beating jump shot he typically misses.

Oh and allowing a franchise record 22 3-pointers made for the second-worst shooting team in the NBA happen at the TD Garden.

oh gawd, 18 point lead blown, I would have been mad too, I am glad I missed it now.  60 points from the bench and we can't beat the lakers...uggg

« Reply #958 on: February 08, 2019, 02:14:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Onto the next game.

Then we play Philly on the road again next month. We have a tough road schedule coming up, with games against GS, Charlotte, Miami and Indiana as well. This is where we see what our team is made of.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #959 on: February 08, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

oh gawd, 18 point lead blown, I would have been mad too, I am glad I missed it now.  60 points from the bench and we can't beat the lakers...uggg

Yeah, if I were you just do not even bother with the recap/highlight of that abysmal game lol. And there were a lot of Lakers fans in the house cheering and yellow-jersey folks embracing Rondo at the end while the Celtics walked off in disbelief.