Poll

?

Yes
17 (58.6%)
No
12 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Was last night Tatums “The Truth” game? (Poll)  (Read 5200 times)

Was last night Tatums “The Truth” game? (Poll)
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

https://youtu.be/DukFu8Xm2CU

nickagneta Brought up a great point: Shaq gave pierce his nickname after a crazy performance against the lakers, saying that he’s “truly” a star now, no question about it, and he’s the truth

Was that Tatum last night
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:18:30 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Was last night Tatums “The Truth” game? (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 04:02:04 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Maybe. More of those won’t be against a guy like Shamet though. Clips will be much better especially on defense. But all the same, Tatum’s handle seems to be tighter since the beginning of the season. I think this has effected his whole game in a good way.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
In terms of quality and national prominence it's a pretty close parallel. He's definitely seen as having taken "The Leap".

But I will only accept Tater or a close variation as a nickname, sorry those are the rules.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I said it in the other thread(for which I was given no credit in the OP😢😢😢😉😂), the run of games leading up to the performance last night is eerily similar to Pierce's run up to that Laker game where Shaq gave him the nickname. 

Last night definitely felt like a coming of age party for Tatum as a superstar to be dealt with in this league for a long, long time. And what I like about Tatum is it sure seems to me like winning is the priority. In most 21 year old kids, it's not.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I said it in the other thread(for which I was given no credit in the OP😢😢😢😉😂), the run of games leading up to the performance last night is eerily similar to Pierce's run up to that Laker game where Shaq gave him the nickname. 

Last night definitely felt like a coming of age party for Tatum as a superstar to be dealt with in this league for a long, long time. And what I like about Tatum is it sure seems to me like winning is the priority. In most 21 year old kids, it's not.
fixed op lol

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 04:30:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

fixed op lol
You didn't have to do that I was just busting em on ya. Lol. 😋

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 04:57:54 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Maybe. More of those won’t be against a guy like Shamet though. Clips will be much better especially on defense. But all the same, Tatum’s handle seems to be tighter since the beginning of the season. I think this has effected his whole game in a good way.

Tatum was having a huge game against LAC the last time we played them before CBS inexplicably put him on the bench and left him there for several minutes.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That is the way that I felt watching him last night, and the thing is, I think a lot of people felt that way too. Speaking to people about the game today mentioned that and now this post, this means that there's something more than just Tatum having a good game. I think a lot of people see that Tatum has taken that leap.

I also want to say that there's a play towards the end, a crucial moment in the game, where Tatum took a step back fadeaway jumper with such ice in his veins that was exactly alike one of the shots that Pierce would have taken.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 05:13:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He was 3-3 against Leonard, and 5-8 against Shamet. Plus, while Leonard was on him, the team at 31 points, which means he was drawing Leonard away from the play.

Plus, Leonard was 4-12 against Tatum

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk i would say a few games could've been that

"booming" LeBron 2 years ago to me was somehow equivalent to KG's rookie year "HE JUST TOOK IT AWAY FROM OLAJUWON, we are seeing a superstar born right before our eyes"

or demolishing the Lakers

but i'll also take this game too, taking over the game while being guarded by Kawhi

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 09:09:36 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Definitely for me. Tatum has had a bunch of nice games this season, some explosions, but this one felt like he had finally arrived: Double OT, wouldn’t let his team lose, made big play after big play.

Imagine if he hit that step back 3 to finish the game in the first OT. It was a bad shot, I know. But it would’ve been in his career highlights, even years from now (like Pierce’s 3 over Harrington).
- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Definitely for me. Tatum has had a bunch of nice games this season, some explosions, but this one felt like he had finally arrived: Double OT, wouldn’t let his team lose, made big play after big play.

Imagine if he hit that step back 3 to finish the game in the first OT. It was a bad shot, I know. But it would’ve been in his career highlights, even years from now (like Pierce’s 3 over Harrington).

His missed FTs were killers though. I felt that if we lost those wouldve been the turning point. Good thing we won thanks to that 2OT plays from them.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
But to be fair to the Clippers, they didn't have Paul George. They would have put him on Tatum at times to slow him down.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

His missed FTs were killers though. I felt that if we lost those wouldve been the turning point. Good thing we won thanks to that 2OT plays from them.

I think the Celtics got a bit lucky on that no-call 4-point play by Lou Williams lol. Many were arguing that that was in the act of shooting lol, especially my friends who are Lakers fans.  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think the Celtics got a bit lucky on that no-call 4-point play by Lou Williams lol. Many were arguing that that was in the act of shooting lol, especially my friends who are Lakers fans.  ::)
I really don't think there was any luck involved. The NBA has made a pretty clear move to try and not get those called for shooting fouls anymore (as far as I've seen this season)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)