Author Topic: Jaylen Brown looks like a 2-way star  (Read 38099 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown looks like a 2-way star
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
So over his last two games this is what Jaylen has done:

64 minutes played
64 points
15 rebounds
6 assists
23-33 from the field 70%
10-17 from three 59%
8-10 from the line 80%

For the year
20.7 PPG
7.0 RPG
2.4 APG
1.0 SPG
52.1% FG%
39.9% 3PT%
75.2% FT%
62.2% TS%
Not to mention, he's playing elite level D at the SG position.

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Are You Not Entertained?

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2019, 07:01:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Dude needs to be in running for Player of the Week....

Let's run the table on TOR tomorrow JB! Do this and I cannot see how he will NOT win POW....

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Only question I have with JB is, ''can he do it consistently at the playoff level''? To put it another way, can he read the game on offense when the pace slows down or is he an explosive 1-on-1 scorer (+ improved shooter)?

Based on what we saw during the 2018 playoffs, I'm pretty confident that he has what it takes to impact the game no matter the circumstances. At the very least, he'll always be a net positive cause he's an elite defender at his position.

I love Brown's game! Him and Smart are my favourite Celtics right now!

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
But guys, Kyle Kuzma is better. The Fakers fans were right the whooooooole time.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Only question I have with JB is, ''can he do it consistently at the playoff level''? To put it another way, can he read the game on offense when the pace slows down or is he an explosive 1-on-1 scorer (+ improved shooter)?

Based on what we saw during the 2018 playoffs, I'm pretty confident that he has what it takes to impact the game no matter the circumstances. At the very least, he'll always be a net positive cause he's an elite defender at his position.

Yeah I agree. That is the only question right now, can he do it consistently with the defense focused on stopping him. Im a Brown fan and I believe he has this ability, although unproven yet. And yes, that is what's great about Brown, he will find ways to impact the game and even when not shooting well will not force things, I wish Tatum can be the same.

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Yeah I agree. That is the only question right now, can he do it consistently with the defense focused on stopping him. Im a Brown fan and I believe he has this ability, although unproven yet. And yes, that is what's great about Brown, he will find ways to impact the game and even when not shooting well will not force things, I wish Tatum can be the same.

This is why chemistry is going to be so important. If Tatum, Brown, Walker and Hayward are all willing to go to the hot hand and best matchup at least most of the time, teams will be scrambling to stop us. Even Kanter -- he's not a weapon every night but he'll punish a mismatch with his scoring if you don't check him.

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2019, 08:51:06 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

This is why chemistry is going to be so important. If Tatum, Brown, Walker and Hayward are all willing to go to the hot hand and best matchup at least most of the time, teams will be scrambling to stop us. Even Kanter -- he's not a weapon every night but he'll punish a mismatch with his scoring if you don't check him.
It's not just a matter of will though. They gotta be able to read the game on offense (=maintain good spacing from the ball, attack the mismatches, hit the open man whenever we draw a double team, etc.)

If you ask me, I'm positive that Hayward can do all those little things. I really like what I'm seeing from Kemba, but I still wanna see more from Brown and Tatum. In all honesty, Tatum's shot selection frustrates me at times. He's taking far too many contested jumpers (plenty of them are long 2s as well). I've mentioned this a couple of times already: he reminds me of Carmelo. I was never a fan of Carmelo's game. Hate to say it, but I'm not a fan of Tatum's game either. The way I see it, he's a ball stopper. His ISO heavy offense is killing our ball movement.

Don't get me wrong, I bet CBS wants him to be aggressive on offense. My point is that I would want him to pick his spots more wisely. Just let the game come to him instead of forcing shots when they are not there. I mean, he ain't playing next to scrubs. Kemba, Hayward and Brown (+Kanter) are all talented scorers. Stop shooting like there is no tomorrow and pass the f***ing ball from time to time!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:29:31 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2019, 09:54:34 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

It's not just a matter of will though. They gotta be able to read the game on offense (=maintain good spacing from the ball, attack the mismatches, hit the open man whenever we draw a double team, etc.)

If you ask me, I'm positive that Hayward can do all those little things. I really like what I'm seeing from Kemba, but I still wanna see more from Brown and Tatum. In all honesty, Tatum's shot selection frustrates me at times. He's taking far too many contested jumpers (plenty of them are long 2s as well). I've mentioned this a couple of times already: he reminds me of Carmelo. I was never a fan of Carmelo's game. Hate to say it, but I'm not a fan of Tatum's game either. The way I see it, he's a ball stopper. His ISO heavy offense is killing our ball movement.

Don't get me wrong, I bet CBS wants him to be aggressive on offense. My point is that I would want him to pick his spots more wisely. Just let the game come to him instead of forcing shots when they are not there. I mean, he ain't playing next to scrubs. Kemba, Hayward and Brown (+Kanter) are all talented scorers. Stop shooting like there is no tomorrow and pass the f***ing ball from time to time!

I kinda agree. Tatum is taking the most shots per game in our team. Imho a couple of his attempts could be given to Brown and Hayward who are both more efficient than him. A lot of times he had guys open and he would rather shoot that floater of his.

« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The game has totally slowed down for him....  he is playing with confidence.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:07:17 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Amazing how much more composed he is about what he is doing compared to this time last year when he sometimes looked like a talented, but headless, chicken. This past month he seems to be so much more in control of he wants to do. Like he said not worrying about anything, just hooping.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Amazing how much more composed he is about what he is doing compared to this time last year when he sometimes looked like a talented, but headless, chicken. This past month he seems to be so much more in control of he wants to do. Like he said not worrying about anything, just hooping.
Gets the point across. TP.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah, it’s pretty apparent he’s growing this year v. last year.  His confidence level seems to be at an alltime high, he’s playing a very controlled level of basketball, and he’s letting the game slow down for him which is just leading to better decision making.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2020, 01:17:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Here are some highlights from Jaylen against the Sixers last night. His mid range and driving skills were in full effect. He broke out some stuff that was Kobe/MJ-esque. That was just some filthy stuff he showed us in that end of 1st half iso and the drives to the basket that made Thybulle and Simmons look foolish in the 2nd half.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rHc8-fTxJ4M

« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Here are some highlights from Jaylen against the Sixers last night. His mid range and driving skills were in full effect. He broke out some stuff that was Kobe/MJ-esque. That was just some filthy stuff he showed us in that end of 1st half iso and the drives to the basket that made Thybulle and Simmons look foolish in the 2nd half.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rHc8-fTxJ4M

It was great. The way he changed direction to get his defender guessing, then darted ahead - kind of reminded me of Kemba. And I think his handle can still get tighter. He got stripped by Milton at least once. As he learns to operate in tighter spaces, watch out league.