Author Topic: Anyone else happy we don't have nets pick?  (Read 3966 times)

Anyone else happy we don't have nets pick?
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:34:42 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They had a big upset win tonight. Winning in Portland. That would have been devastating the last few years. Now they are 5-7 with many other new bad teams. So happy we don't have to sweat that anymore. I think it ends up 8-10

Re: Anyone else happy we don't have nets pick?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:44:32 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
They had a big upset win tonight. Winning in Portland. That would have been devastating the last few years. Now they are 5-7 with many other new bad teams. So happy we don't have to sweat that anymore. I think it ends up 8-10

I mean, I’d rather have it than not.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 12:47:30 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Yes. That pick will not be as good. Nets strength of schedule is not as hard as other teams. Also they seem to be winning as underdogs a lot more times than people thought they would

Plus, Kyrie will be better than anyone coming out that draft let’s be honest. 

Last, the salary from the pick especially combined with lakers pick would have complicated the teams finances. We are already tight in salary. I’m guessing Resigning smart or rozier may not have been an option with the extra pick occupying mid to late lottery salary.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:48:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd definitely take it if the Cavs don't want it for some reason lol.

I do think there is a decent chance the Lakers/Kings pick ends up being "better" than the Nets pick. But the BKN pick is still one of the very best picks out there and it will be in the high lottery. Lakers and Nets are very similar quality teams right now.

The Mavs/Kings/Bulls/Hawks all look like they will be worse than the Nets, but that's it.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:52:46 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I do think there is a decent chance the Lakers/Kings pick ends up being "better" than the Nets pick. But the BKN pick is still one of the very best picks out there and it will be in the high lottery. Lakers and Nets are very similar quality teams right now.

The Mavs/Kings/Bulls/Hawks all look like they will be worse than the Nets, but that's it.
suns and probably jazz are worse than the nets too. Cavs May also be. Look at their record lol

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:53:43 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I guess somehow I framed this badly. I obviously wish we had it if it didn't cost us anything. I was more trying to say it is nice we don't have to swear it (cause it is stressful) and it doesn't seem like it will be as good as the time we traded it

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 12:59:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

suns and probably jazz are worse than the nets too. Cavs May also be. Look at their record lol
Jazz have an elite defense and good home court advantage. They're not going to be as bad as the Nets. Suns I'd group with the Lakers/Nets right now. They've been looking a lot better since they fired Watson we'll see if they can keep up this current effort level for the rest of the year.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 01:00:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I guess somehow I framed this badly. I obviously wish we had it if it didn't cost us anything. I was more trying to say it is nice we don't have to swear it (cause it is stressful) and it doesn't seem like it will be as good as the time we traded it
Kinda, I still think they're a bottom 5 team right? When we traded it that's what it looked to be with so many other teams tanking hard to say with much certainty beyond that.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I'm not happy about not having that pick. But I'm not too bothered by it either.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 01:38:13 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Kinda, I still think they're a bottom 5 team right? When we traded it that's what it looked to be with so many other teams tanking hard to say with much certainty beyond that.

I honestly don't think they are bottom 5 anymore. I would say that whether we owned the pick or not

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 02:07:27 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If there is a team I would be fine losing against, it's the Nets, lol.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Kyrie F'in Irving.  Nuff said.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 09:06:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Well don't know about you, but I'm 'sweating' the Lakers/Kings pick.  There will always be something to sweat about.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
That nets pick seems like the last card Cavs FO has to put in play to entice Bron to stay .   Bron maybe is very interested to see WHAT they spend it on as well.  A vet star or a Tatum like wonder youth pick .  They need a top 5 .  Much above that Bron will bolt.

Bottom line James needs help ...playing full out every game is not worth 200 million

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 09:10:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I mean, I’d rather have it than not.
this.

I was strongly against the trade because the pick made it a drastic overpay.  still think it's an overpay despite how much I prefer Kyrie over IT on the team.   If IT misses up to the all-star break, I may call the pick an understandable necessity to do the deal.   

Still think that pick will end up in the top 8.  would have preferred Danny either offer up the lesser of the Nets/Lakers pick next year or put a top-1 restriction on it like Philly did to us with the Laker and Kings picks