Author Topic: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5  (Read 138605 times)

Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Los Angeles Lakers (38-9) at Boston Celtics (41-9)
Thursday, February 5
8:00 PM ET
Game #51, Home Game #27
TV:  TNT
TD Banknorth Garden

Probable Starting Matchups
  vs 
Rajon Rondo   PPG 11.0 RPG 5.00 APG 8.1 EFF + 18.35 
Derek Fisher   PPG 10.8 RPG 2.60 APG 3.8 EFF + 11.94

vs
Ray Allen   PPG 18.0 RPG 3.40 APG 2.8 EFF + 17.00
Kobe Bryant   PPG 27.4 RPG 5.50 APG 5.1 EFF + 25.19 

vs
Paul Pierce PPG 19.2 RPG 5.70 APG 3.8 EFF + 18.92 
Luke Walton   PPG 4.2 RPG 2.00 APG 2.0 EFF + 5.40 

vs
Kevin Garnett    PPG 16.3 RPG 9.00 APG 2.7 EFF + 21.94
Lamar Odom   PPG 9.4 RPG 6.40 APG 2.4 EFF + 13.52

vs
Kendrick Perkins   PPG 8.3 RPG 8.00 APG 1.1 EFF + 13.88
Pau Gasol     PPG 17.8 RPG 9.10 APG 3.4 EFF + 23.17

Coach: Doc Rivers
Average Age: 26.7
Average Height: 6-6
Average Weight: 222

Reserves
Tony Allen
Glen Davis
Eddie House
Leon Powe
Gabe Pruitt
Brian Scalabrine
Patrick O'Bryant
Sam Cassell
Bill Walker
JR Giddens

Injuries:
Brian Scalabrine (concussion) day to day
Kevin Garnett (flu) day to day
Ray Allen (flu)  probable
Tony Allen (flu) probable 

Coach: Phil Jackson
Average Age: 26.4
Average Height: 6-8
Average Weight: 227

Reserves
Lamar Odom
Trevor Ariza
Sasha Vujacic
Chris Mihm
Vladimir Radmanovic
Josh Powell
Sun Yue
Jordan Farmar
DJ Mbenga

Injuries
Andrew Bynum (MCL) out

Key Matchups
vs
Rajon Rondo vs Derek Fisher
When Rondo is aggressive and runs the ball up the floor and take it at the opposing point guard, he is very tough to stop.

vs
Paul Pierce vs Luke Walton
This matchup should be one that Boston can exploit.  Walton can't stop Pierce and so the Celtics should go to him early and often. 

Honorable Mention
Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins vs Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol
The Lakers, even without Bynum are tough inside.   Hopefully KG will be well enough to win the battle against Odom.  Hopefully the Lakers won't play dirty and try to injure Perk's shoulder again because Perk has proved that he is a crucial part of the Celtics interior defense. 

Keys to the Game
Contain  Kobe
Defense - Both in the Paint and on the Perimeter
Limit Turnovers
Bench Needs to Step Up
Keep their Focus 

Game Notes:
The Lakers are playing in the 5th game of a 6 game road trip which will finish up in Cleveland on Sunday.  They are playing in the second of back to back games and are 9-2 so far this season in the second of back to back games. They play the Raptors the night before while the Celtics have the day before the game off following their road win over the Sixers.    The Celtics and Lakers have met 178 times since the Lakers moved to LA in 1960.  The Celtics lead the Lakers in wins since then 97-81.  The Lakers have plenty of excuses ready for if they lose since Bynum is out once again and they are on the road and playing in back to back games.  The Celtics are hoping to have KG back and even if he isn't in top form he will give the team a boost. As with their first meeting, the Celtics come into this game with a win streak, this time at 12 games.  The Lakers have won 3 in a row.  The Celtics are 24-2 at home while the Lakers are 15-5 on the road.  The Lakers are 13-6 vs Eastern Conference teams while the Celtics are 12-5 against the West.  The Celtics have to see this as a big game and need to come out and play team ball and Celtic defense. 

X-Factor
Revenge
The Celtics will be looking to avenge the beating they took from the Lakers on Christmas day.  They will be on their home court and should have sufficient motivation to come out strong and keep their focus as they prove that they are indeed the better team. 

Re: Lakers (38-9) at Celtics (41-9) 2/5
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
SEEK AND DESTROY!!! >:( >:( >:(

TP Fla.. ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I want to say two things about the the photo's. 1) I love that the photo you chose of Odom is him getting dunked on by NICK COLLISON. 2) I always get a kick out of the "Perk giving Arenas the E. Honda Hand Slap" photo. TP for you sir.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP once again.
I've nothing to add but this:

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:01:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Haven't been this fired up for a game since Opening Night!

It's gonna be awesome.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Expecting a gigantic game out of Rondo at home where he shoots so much better from outside and where he plays so much more aggressively. Looking at 18/14/7/4 with 1-2 TOs. He is going to destroy Fischer.

Also, now with Odom back in the starting lineup that means the Euro-weenie duo of Vujacic and Radmanovic need to produce off the bench and we know they can't against Boston because we just play them against people they can't guard and inevitably they get in foul trouble and become a non factor.

If the Laker starters and Ariza can't outplay the entire Celtic team then the Lakers are doomed because Farmar, Sasha, Rad and the rest of the flotsam and jetsam that make up the Lakers bench is a truly horrible match up against the Celtics.

Also, after playing some inspired ball for a two week stretch there from mid Dec until the end of 2008 Walton's kid has return to his usual HORRRIBUL self and will not be anywhere near the factor in this game that he was in LA.

I expect big games from the aforementioned Rondo, Pierce(torching Walton) and KG coming back and having to play Odom who he will kill since except for the last two times, Odom has been nearly invisible on the second night of back to backs all year.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I found some recent pics that lead me to believe the Lakers aren't always thinking about basketball while on the court.

But after all that, this is how the game will end.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:38:00 AM »

Offline 1CelticFan534

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 3
Let me just say man does it feel good to sign up for this blog.  I am a big Celtics fan and even though I find myself living in LA now after 20 years in Boston I rather give up my life then ever give up my Celtics never mind for the Lakers.  To clarify how big of a fan I am think about wearing a Beat LA shirt last year in downtown LA and walking the streets lol. Yes it was SCARY but hell I could care less I knew we had them last year in the book before the series ever started.  I was at game 7 vs Atlanta in Boston and game 7 vs Cavs.  All I got to say about this game coming up is man this silly Laker nation treats it like the finals.  You should listen to the sport radios down here.  They are bagging on KG when he was point down laughing at the fools when they were playing their life off during the X-Mas game lol.  Now that the moron mvp hurt his own player Faker Nation is devistated.  I read on some posts how facing the cavs in the playoffs is more scary then the Lakers.  I agree with that but how much would I love to see the C's hose the Lakers.  Hope they pass out Beat LA shirts again I could see the look on their face now when they lose.  Maybe they will call it luck again lol.  All I know is I have my BEAT LA shirt ready to go for TOMORROW.  Keep Rockin Celtics fan you have one loud voice in Faker nation town respecting the true Green here. ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 04:30:02 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Let me just say man does it feel good to sign up for this blog.  I am a big Celtics fan and even though I find myself living in LA now after 20 years in Boston I rather give up my life then ever give up my Celtics never mind for the Lakers.  To clarify how big of a fan I am think about wearing a Beat LA shirt last year in downtown LA and walking the streets lol. Yes it was SCARY but hell I could care less I knew we had them last year in the book before the series ever started.  I was at game 7 vs Atlanta in Boston and game 7 vs Cavs.  All I got to say about this game coming up is man this silly Laker nation treats it like the finals.  You should listen to the sport radios down here.  They are bagging on KG when he was point down laughing at the fools when they were playing their life off during the X-Mas game lol.  Now that the moron mvp hurt his own player Faker Nation is devistated.  I read on some posts how facing the cavs in the playoffs is more scary then the Lakers.  I agree with that but how much would I love to see the C's hose the Lakers.  Hope they pass out Beat LA shirts again I could see the look on their face now when they lose.  Maybe they will call it luck again lol.  All I know is I have my BEAT LA shirt ready to go for TOMORROW.  Keep Rockin Celtics fan you have one loud voice in Faker nation town respecting the true Green here. ;D

An excellent first post, TP

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:38 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
time to bring out the sticks... >:(

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Those are great pictures, celtic!  I wish i knew how to print them.  Phil looks so natural in that cowboy hat.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Beat LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!