Author Topic: Duke vs Texas (Bagley vs Bamba) is Friday at 5pmz on right now on ESPN  (Read 3971 times)

Re: Duke vs Texas (Bagley vs Bamba) is Friday at 5pmz on right now on ESPN
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Texas really struggling to get Bamba posted...

Not sure if that is him struggling to establish. Looks like it.

The scouting report on him is that he has a shooting touch and a huge wingspan that can wreak havoc on defense.

Basically, he's a better Thon Maker, with all the strengths and weaknesses.

But maybe 5-6 years younger...

Lol. Yes.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Bamba blocks bagleys shot attempt at typing the game

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Bamba reminds me of Nerlens Noel in college
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Bamba reminds me of Nerlens Noel in college

I was thinking the same thing.   

I would have liked to see TX go to Bamba more often.  He he would get open but the guard just kept dribbling then Bamba wasn't open any more.    I think Bamba will look better in the NBA with better players around him.

I do think that Bagley is the better prospect and with Porter out probably the #1 pick. 

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 08:10:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I've been watching highlights from them since the beginning of the season. I'm unimpressed. Trade the pick for the best Available pick is my vote.

Highlights don't tell the tale. The way Bagley and Bamba move at their height, their length, their athleticism....high level prospect type of stuff. For example, Bamba looks like he has the potnetial to be a shot blocking/altering 5 on on end, but with the ability to handle the ball and shoot 3's on the other. When his body fills out, he's going to be a hard cover.

Frankie's videos doesn't just show highlights, though. He is covering all their offensive possessions.

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 02:46:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Whoever saw this game knows it was a fun one to watch. At least for me. Bamba is a dynamic player who can change the pace and energy of his team with his shot blocking and plays

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bamba is a dynamic player who can change the pace and energy of his team with his shot blocking and plays

Didn't he only have two blocks?  I know he altered many more.    But Bagley was way more dynamic and dominant.   Bagley's 34 points and 15 boards vs. Bamba's 9 points and 10 boards.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400999722

Bamba looks like a guy who needs to be locked in a weight room. 
He is very skinny and was pushed around.  His legs are so skinny, too and he lacks lower body strength.   You could tell that he lifted on his shoulders and arms but take a look at the guy he is clearly a guy who does jack for his legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDQRp6b1HM

Amazing how too people can watch the same game and see different things, eh?

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 07:41:54 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
https://youtu.be/O3TbYPP6344

Highlights from the game if any one hasn't seen them. Bagley is an incredible 2 foot leaper, he can rise up for dunks in very limited space and finish with authority. It's a rare skill kind of makes him look more like a throwback player. Can't really think of anyone else who operates almost primarily through jump stops in the half court.

Bamba was pretty great but the Duke players knew how to go at him and get him into foul trouble.

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 09:07:55 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Bagley looks like he could be every bit as good as Chris Bosh. He's got a great feel for the game. His moves are limited to hesitation dribbles, pull-up 3s, drop step left-handed hooks, and dunks, but he does those things really well.

Bamba is intriguing. If he learned positioning on offense and defense. He is probably a long term starter in the NBA, but his ceiling is limited to how his feel for the game develops. No one is shooting over him if he is in good defensive position, but he so rarely is.

Highlights from this game will be played in 6-8 months as teams are trying to determine how good these guys are. It was a good one.