Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 1 5/7/24  (Read 11598 times)

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 708
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is not about who they play now or later. It is about them. It has always been about Boston getting past Boston.

They play like they should they will win the title.

As for JT...I would rather him have a game like game 1 and win rather than him score 50 and lose. I really am not interested in his ranking among players, stats, MVP's, etc. I want to win a championship. If he averages 15 points but makes the right play and does the little things then that is great.

The Cavs cannot guard the Celtics. It is all about making Mitchell work to score. The Cavs are screwed if he goes to the bench. As for Allen, he still has not done any kind of basketball work. He cannot sleep and is having trouble breathing. I do not think we see much of him this series.

I think everyone is on board with preferring to just win then lose and Tatum go off…the issue is we are asking too much to have Jaylen brown and white carry us through the entire playoffs to a title. Tatum has to play better.

Tatum will play (score) better. He is actually being a good distributor when he gets doubled. He is rebounding. I would like to see him go to the rim more.

But that is the beauty of this team. If its not one guy, it can be another. It has only been 6 playoff games. Brown makes $300 million. If he has to do some of the heavy lifting for a bit, so be it.

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943

My ode to Carl (the guy in the brown jacket):

Carl lives near me, so I run into him occasionally. Looking at him, he gives off the impression that he’s the nicest guy in the world. That is wrong.

Saying that he is the nicest guy in the world understates just how great a guy he is. Random people walk up and hug him, and he just hugs them right back. I’ve never met someone who takes such joy in making other people happy.

Ok, back to basketball…

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2559
It is not about who they play now or later. It is about them. It has always been about Boston getting past Boston.

They play like they should they will win the title.

As for JT...I would rather him have a game like game 1 and win rather than him score 50 and lose. I really am not interested in his ranking among players, stats, MVP's, etc. I want to win a championship. If he averages 15 points but makes the right play and does the little things then that is great.

The Cavs cannot guard the Celtics. It is all about making Mitchell work to score. The Cavs are screwed if he goes to the bench. As for Allen, he still has not done any kind of basketball work. He cannot sleep and is having trouble breathing. I do not think we see much of him this series.

I think everyone is on board with preferring to just win then lose and Tatum go off…the issue is we are asking too much to have Jaylen brown and white carry us through the entire playoffs to a title. Tatum has to play better.

Tatum will play (score) better. He is actually being a good distributor when he gets doubled. He is rebounding. I would like to see him go to the rim more.

But that is the beauty of this team. If its not one guy, it can be another. It has only been 6 playoff games. Brown makes $300 million. If he has to do some of the heavy lifting for a bit, so be it.

Totally true. This team doesn’t need him to score big every night. They do need him to know what’s working and what isn’t. They need him to rebound, distribute, defend. The smarter JT plays the more likely the Cs will win. He occupies so much attention and he just needs to know how to take advantage of that and then look to score as opportunities arise rather than forcing.

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613

wonder if this guy posts here.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943

He does. I forget his user name, though.

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 606

He does. I forget his user name, though.

It's RoyH ...something, can't remember the full name though.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

This isn't you?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller