Author Topic: If Kobe had been a Celtic  (Read 6311 times)

Re: If Kobe had been a Celtic
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:20 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I guess it is always possible to hate a player on the team you love.
If we had Kobe from the get go you would love him
I'd never pull for a possible rapist. I can name lots of Celtics that I can't stand.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd never pull for a possible rapist. I can name lots of Celtics that I can't stand.

"Possible rapist?"

What is this - "Minority Report"?

I thought he was acquitted?

I mean...he "is" Purple and Gold, but c'mon now........

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Everyone is a possible rapist. What the heck? You don't even know Kobe!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney

"Possible rapist?"

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.
I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.
I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Now I don't know if he raped this girl or not. It probably started out consensual and turned into something else. He did something she didn't like and she told him to stop and he didn't. The only people who know are her and him. But you don't make a statement like that and have a settlement if you're 100% innocent. The guy is a scum bag in my book and the only reason people like him is because he can put a ball in a hoop better then almost anymore on earth. I have other reasons to not like him other then just the fact that he's a Laker.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
A hierarchy of evil:

Thieves
Muggers
Drug Dealers
Rapists
Murderer
Lakers

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

"Possible rapist?"

i love P&G but for the LSU TIGERS only!  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 09:51:01 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

"Possible rapist?"

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.
I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.
I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

Now I don't know if he raped this girl or not. It probably started out consensual and turned into something else. He did something she didn't like and she told him to stop and he didn't. The only people who know are her and him. But you don't make a statement like that and have a settlement if you're 100% innocent. The guy is a scum bag in my book and the only reason people like him is because he can put a ball in a hoop better then almost anymore on earth. I have other reasons to not like him other then just the fact that he's a Laker.

Most NBA plaYOrs
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not that this was "good" thread to begin with, but so nice to see it's taken a turn for the (much) worse.

This just doesn't seem like the place to discuss whether or not Kobe is (or isn't) a rapist, especially seeing as how he was proven innocent in a court of law.

Don't you guys have anything better to talk about?  I'm waiting for the lock.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
I said if I'm not sure if he did it or not. But AT BEST, he cheated on his wife who just had his child. I can forgive many things, but I would never look up to him just because he's great at a sport.

He also said he wouldn't play for my home team who drafted him and they traded him to LA. I can't stand a child who demands playing for the team he wants when we really have no idea if he'll be as good as people think.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If I remember correctly, Kobe had pretty much said that he would only play for LA or Chicago.
Kobe was coming out of high school and was drafted in the teens.  He had no power to demand anything.  Face it; Jerry West is simply smarter than most.

Yes he did make the demand, and yes he had the power to do do, regardless of where he was drafted.

And yes we all would've loved him if he was a C.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Not that this was "good" thread to begin with, but so nice to see it's taken a turn for the (much) worse.

This just doesn't seem like the place to discuss whether or not Kobe is (or isn't) a rapist, especially seeing as how he was proven innocent in a court of law.

Don't you guys have anything better to talk about?  I'm waiting for the lock.

Yea, if Kobe was a Celtic I would love him even more than I already do.!.!.!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I said if I'm not sure if he did it or not. But AT BEST, he cheated on his wife who just had his child. I can forgive many things, but I would never look up to him just because he's great at a sport.

He also said he wouldn't play for my home team who drafted him and they traded him to LA. I can't stand a child who demands playing for the team he wants when we really have no ideaif he'll be as good as people think.

All I'm saying is that Kobe has certainly did some things...conducted himself in ways that I didn't like.

But at the same time, I'd hope that people would forgive him and forget.

Kobe Bryant can be/has been a polarizing figure...but at the same time he's a human being.

He's also just reconciled with his wife.

I'm not making excuses for him, but at the same time can we take off the Green-Tinted glasses for a bit and just look at the Celtics-Lakers rivalry for tomorrow?

For all it's worth, these two Historically-Driven rivalries will run its course within the next couple of yrs, so I'm enjoying KG, Paul, Rondo, Kobe, Gasol - until then.

As a human being, I wish the best for Kobe.

As a Celtics Fan, I hope he goes 3 for 20, with 8 TOs and fouls out tomorrow night.

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Kobe also has respect for the Celtics! He said the Lakers and Celtics are the only teams that only expect championships!

I hope he plays well every night except against us ;)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
kobe didn't do much until 99 as i remember so pp and kobe would have been possible. with that said, charlotte originally drafted him...wonder if they would have ever left if he was on that team.