Author Topic: Name the Oklahoma City......  (Read 38705 times)

Re: Name the Oklahoma City......
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
OK - just realized what a horrible name I suggested, totally didn't mean that! I am a total disaster...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
I'm torn between the Oklahoma Outlaws (for you USFL fans) or the Carpet Baggers. 

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

just try not to come with anything related to this guys
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
How about the:

Oklahoma City There's Really Nothing Interesting Or Well Known About This Area Yet We Need To Be Extremely Politically Correct And Not Upset Native Americans Or Torando Victims Or Possible Oil Company Sponsors Or The Local State Univerisities So We'll Go With Flatlands Oh No We Can't Use That Because The Land Might Think We're Saying Something Bad About It's Breast Size So How's Ponies.

It might be hard to fit on a uniform but it sure does encompass what this franchise will probably be all about. They already ****ed off the entire state of Washington so a name that explains how thoughtful they are being to people might work.

Of course

Oklahoma City Stampede works too.

I heard a comedian once, it may have been Gallagher, talk about something like this.

"When people were settling this country you went to where your wagon took you and if you were too stupid or lazy to fix it that's where you stayed. You don't honestly think people were deliberately setting out for Tulsa do you?"

Something along those lines anyway.

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
How about the Oklahoma City Bandits.  It encompasses a wild west theme paired with the idea they STOLE a team from the city of Seattle...

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
How about the:

Oklahoma City There's Really Nothing Interesting Or Well Known About This Area Yet We Need To Be Extremely Politically Correct And Not Upset Native Americans Or Torando Victims Or Possible Oil Company Sponsors Or The Local State Univerisities So We'll Go With Flatlands Oh No We Can't Use That Because The Land Might Think We're Saying Something Bad About It's Breast Size So How's Ponies.

It might be hard to fit on a uniform but it sure does encompass what this franchise will probably be all about. They already ****ed off the entire state of Washington so a name that explains how thoughtful they are being to people might work.

1.  If you don't know of anything interesting in OKC you are an idiot.
2.  You shouldn't try to be funny at the expense of Native Americans or Tornado Victims.  It is completely disgusting and you are showing your stupidity that you can't make a real joke.  People die every year from tornadoes and you think it something to make a joke about?  Tasteless.

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Keep it civil.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
As a lifelong resident of Oklahoma, I'll just keep my mouth shut on some of the responses that I have read here.

(On topic:  I honestly do not care that a NBA franchise has relocated to our state's capital. I will go there when the Celtics come to town.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:41:08 PM by GLS »

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How about the:

Oklahoma City There's Really Nothing Interesting Or Well Known About This Area Yet We Need To Be Extremely Politically Correct And Not Upset Native Americans Or Torando Victims Or Possible Oil Company Sponsors Or The Local State Univerisities So We'll Go With Flatlands Oh No We Can't Use That Because The Land Might Think We're Saying Something Bad About It's Breast Size So How's Poies.

2.  You shouldn't try to be funny at the expense of Native Americans or Tornado Victims.  It is completely disgusting and you are showing your stupidity that you can't make a real joke.  People die every year from tornadoes and you think it something to make a joke about?  Tasteless.
I made a simple joke, dude. Idiot and stupid are rather strong words to use because you don't like the joke.

If you are from Oklahoma.. I apologize.
If you are Native American... I apologize.
If you have had someone close to you die in a tornado... I apologize.

If none of the above ... go  ....nevermind! I'll take the high road.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:39:36 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
LOL I'm sorry but Nick's joke made me laugh. I apologize to the guardians of virtue.  :-[

Isn't there a baseball or hockey team called the Cyclones or something?

Anyway, the closest I've ever been to Oklahoma was in NY or Boston and I also don't know much about them, but facts like that one of my favourite books was written by one of their political representatives and that they rank very high in philantropic/generosity ranks are good enough for me. They're already my fav team in the West.

There's a D-League team named Stampede, IP. Idaho Stampede, I think. Do they play basketball in Saudi Arabia? Mecca Stampede would work.

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2008, 04:43:07 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Kinda prophetic... R.I.P Sonics, we'll miss ya!

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
How about the:

Oklahoma City There's Really Nothing Interesting Or Well Known About This Area Yet We Need To Be Extremely Politically Correct And Not Upset Native Americans Or Torando Victims Or Possible Oil Company Sponsors Or The Local State Univerisities So We'll Go With Flatlands Oh No We Can't Use That Because The Land Might Think We're Saying Something Bad About It's Breast Size So How's Poies.

I made a simple joke, dude. Idiot and stupid are rather strong words to use because you don't like the joke.

If none of the above ... go  ....nevermind! I'll take the high road.

Geneva College Golden Tornadoes
King College Tornadoes
Iowa State Cyclones
Centenary College Cyclones
Mills College Cyclones

But lets look at Oklahoma for the real answers.......ah here we go:

Edmond High School Cyclones
Cassady High School Cyclones
Clinton High School Red Tornadoes
Plainview High School Indians
In fact, there's 165 schools in Oklahoma who use a term to describe Native Americans as there school logo, including nine schools who use the name Savages.

Based on the above, I am pretty sure the fine folks in Oklahoma will be able to roll with Nick's humor.......or even have a few funny stereotypical things to say about possible team names for the Boston area.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2008, 12:05:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How about the:

If none of the above ... go  ....nevermind! I'll take the high road.

Geneva College Golden Tornadoes
King College Tornadoes
Iowa State Cyclones
Centenary College Cyclones
Mills College Cyclones

But lets look at Oklahoma for the real answers.......ah here we go:

Edmond High School Cyclones
Cassady High School Cyclones
Clinton High School Red Tornadoes
Plainview High School Indians
In fact, there's 165 schools in Oklahoma who use a term to describe Native Americans as there school logo, including nine schools who use the name Savages.

Based on the above, I am pretty sure the fine folks in Oklahoma will be able to roll with Nick's humor.......or even have a few funny stereotypical things to say about possible team names for the Boston area.
Just think if Boston ever gets another pro sports team they could be called the Boston TeaBaggers.

Hope that doesn't offend Bostonians who have a thing for scrotum.

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Someone please give nick a TP.
I gave him his 399th some 20
minutes ago  ;)

« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
Done

400 Nick!!!

congrats from 1 teabagger to another!!

I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.