Author Topic: Your opinions on my idea for roster moves  (Read 1091 times)

Your opinions on my idea for roster moves
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline celticshistory

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 9
Hi everyone. Happy Opening Day !  With all this trade talk of Rozier, i just wanted to put in my 2 cents and get everyone's opinion of it.  Rozier is due for a big pay day in 9 months. Here are my thoughts as to some practical roster moves the Celtics could make.

1.  Trade Rozier for Mikal Bridges.  this gives Celtics insurance if Morris leaves next summer and they go into the 2019 season with a bench of Smart-Bridges-Theis-Baynes-Williams as they will already be under contract on the roster.
2.  sign ramon sessions as the backup PG.  sessions has excelled at times at running teams from the 2nd unit. having an experienced vet who knows his role and has done well with it would be key for a championship contender.
3.  Bridges' age and career time frame fits in perfectly with Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams. 

I am surprised Ainge has not traded Rozier yet as the contract he will ask for will be too much for the Celtics payroll and his trade value might be as high as it is going to be.  trading Rozier for another young player on a rookie contract for 3-4 years would help the Celtics financial flexibility.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the game tonight !

Re: Your opinions on my idea for roster moves
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think with Kyrie's injury history you have to keep Rozier through to the end of the year. He is probably the best bench PG in the league and a championship this year is more important than some minor future financial benefits because, whether the CS like it or not, starting next year they will be deep into the luxury tax for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Welcome to CelticsStrong!

Opening Night (not day).

Don't be surprised.  If DA has no need to trade Rozier now, he probably won't do it.  Leaves the options open.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I do like the idea of getting a cost controlled Bridges.

BTW...Theis will be an unrestricted FA in the summer and Baynes has a player option for 19-20.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:34:07 PM by Eddie20 »