Author Topic: What will it take to get George?  (Read 9659 times)

Re: What will it take to get George?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Its either Indiana trades Paul George for Bradley, Crowder and the 018 Brooklyn pick or they lose him outright next year. Its that simple Ainge holds all the cards

Except that there are 28 other teams trying to figure out how to trade for him...  Have the last 4 years of "Holding all the cards" taught us nothing? 

There's less than a 5% chance the Celtics get Paul George.

lol I mean I can make up numbers too.

There's a greater than 95% chance the Celtics get Paul george.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

lol

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2017, 10:06:06 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
To answer the OP, not much, apparently.
- LilRip

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
For us? A time machine.

Mike

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2017, 10:11:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Its either Indiana trades Paul George for Bradley, Crowder and the 018 Brooklyn pick or they lose him outright next year. Its that simple Ainge holds all the cards

Except that there are 28 other teams trying to figure out how to trade for him...  Have the last 4 years of "Holding all the cards" taught us nothing? 

lol
I obviously didn't think we had a 95% chance at George. That would be ridiculous.

You made up the 5% number as of it held some weight. Anyone can just pull a number out of their ass and throw it on the table like a fact. I wrote the 95% line to show how stupid your 5% number was.

Even if I were some sort of green teaming lunatic who really believed we had a 95+% chance of getting George, I still wouldn't have technically been proven wrong because that absurd estimate would still allow for the incredibly unlikely scenario of Paul George being traded to the Thunder for Victor Oladipo on a 4/82 contract and Sabonis.

Just like you would not necessarily be proven right.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:23:01 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

lol
I obviously didn't think we had a 95% chance at George. That would be ridiculous.

You made up the 5% number as of it held some weight. Anyone can just pull a number out of their ass and throw it on the table like a fact. I wrote the 95% line to show how stupid your 5% number was.
Except that the 5% number ended up being a lot closer to the truth.

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

lol

Except that the 5% number ended up being a lot closer to the truth.
Well there's really no way to no what the odds were at that time, but yeah. I did not expect PG to go to okc, I did not expect it to happen tonight and I did not expect it to be this cheap. I am surprised by all of this. I certainly misread the situation and felt that were we able to sign Hayward (I'll give us close to a 50-50 shot) we would have been thrust into a bidding war with LA for george.

I imagined that we would be dangerous enough in the resigning George front that LA may pony up and offer Ingram or Ball in which case we wouldn't match. I figured we had probably around a 50% chance at George in the event of a GH signing.so I gave us a 25% chance at George probably slightly above that because I could have seen us pursuing him even if we struck out in FA.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.