Author Topic: Reboot this year or one last stand...What would you do and how, anything goes!  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Both will take a lot of work on DA's part.

Last Stand

I'd love to see PP and KG get one more in Green. But they need some help and be willing to step back a bit during the regular season, especially Pierce. Green needs to get his confidence up and coming off the bench or starting at PF just doesn't work for him as well as starting at the SF spot. Doesn't mean he can't play a little PF from time to time, but he needs to be in the SF spot more than not.
   I think Bass,Lee,Terry,AB are the big chips to try to move along with other for filler to get some thing back that will help. They either need to move them to get a Center or a Rebounding PF. Who? Not sure. If Bass was the back up I'd be happy with that. BUT, if Sully comes back healthy, I like what he brings to the table a little more, and he's a lot cheaper to boot.
   Need a more well rounded shooting guard. AB doesn't pull it off unless Rondo becomes an out side shooter. AB is a great defensive guard, but some thing is missing, he's not a threat at the offensive level which hurts the spacing of the team, and no Rondo being back wont help that much. As a back up SG, I like, he can abuse the other back up guard with his defense.
  Unless DA has some ting up his sleeve and knows a GM who is trying to get out of some contracts this is going to be the hard root, and keeping the team as is will be on other season like the last, maybe a little better, but not getting that deep in the play offs.

The Reboot

This is the extreme fantasy part of the thread based off of rumors and other thread talks. But if a reboot is in order, this is the season to do so with out going threw the painful rebuild like the Bobcats/Hornets, Kings,Pistons ect...

Who to keep...I think Rondo is one, uless your getting a heck of a deal, we know what he brings, and I'd like to see what he does after his half year off. I also think Green,Sully are also keepers. It would be hard to bring in a better SF right now. With the teams that we could trade the other pieces with don't have or wouldn't give up SF's better than Green, plus I still like to see if he can improve on his second half of the season. Sully is an other I think if healthy could be big, a Randolph type of player, a very solid PF.

So the obvious trades. PP for Gordan and Lopez. Except I like to see if Atlanta would bite on Gordon and Lopez for a S&T on Smith or reaching, Love. I know Love is out there, But I would throw Sully in there because I'd think that would be well worth it. And if Love is unhappy, he could push Minn for a trade.

The Steven A Smith trade of Jordan and Bledsoe for KG. But I'd like to see if SAC would be into a three way, were we take Cousins,Salmons, and Thomas, and throw them maybe Lee, or Bass. With Bass I think we'd have to take an other contract, and give up this years pick and maybe 2015's. But I wouldn't for 2014's just in case.

Maybe move Bass for Chandler, Denver needs a PF that could do what Bass does, toss them Terry and get back some filler, Denver would be pretty good next year.

Now If KG and PP play a season out side of Boston, the following year if healthy they could retire and part way threw the season come back for a last run at a title.

Rondo/Thomas
Chandler/Bradley/FA
Green/Salmons(PP in second half of 2015)
Smith or Love/Sully or FA
Cousins/FA (KG in second half of 2015)

Oh and Miami probably wot be together in 2015 because of the new CBA. So its really up for grabs...

Now we just need Red to start hunting other GM's to get these deals to work out! LOL!

So to reboot or one last stand, what say you, and how would you pull it off. The crazier the better!

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Anyway we could get Cousins, Im in!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Total fantasy trade idea with BOS/ORL/CLE, here it goes.

BOS sends: Rondo, Green to ORL & Jordan Crawford to CLE
BOS receives: 1st overall pick (Nerlens Noel,Hometown hero!), Jameer Nelson

CLE sends: 1st overall pick
CLE receives: 2nd overall pick, Mo Harkless, Jordan Crawford

ORL sends: 2nd overall pick, Mo Harkless, Jameer Nelson
ORL receives: Rondo (Absorbed by DH12's trade exception) & Jeff Green

I really don't see it as that far-fetched. Cleveland wanted Porter, not Noel, and there's no risk of another team taking him by dropping to 2. Orlando gets Rondo & Green for the 2nd overall pick and Harkless. Rondo is definitely more valuable than McLemore or Burke next season and gives them a star, Green was mostly to match up with Jameer's salary but is nothing to scoff at and would most likely start for them with a large role in the offense.

Finally, this would officially kick off the race for Wiggins/Parker for us! Bradley/Sullinger/Noel leaves holes at PG & SF which isn't a bad start to a rebuild for having never been in the draft lottery ourselves.