Author Topic: Ray Allen and PP are all about the TEAM, take notes lebron. (resigning cheap)  (Read 4094 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Ray to take a 2yr 10 mil deal? That's an absolute steal. I bet chi,ny or mia would have gone 3 or 4 years easily to get him.

Same with PP restructuring his contract so the C's can go fill the holes on the roster.

Love these guys, they are all about the team, unlike "the king without a ring" and his "decision" ::)

It will be even more enjoyable when the C's knock lebron out of the playoffs in a NY uniform.

Ray will break the all time 3's made as a C ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:47:55 PM by rondohondo »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
So far so good.

Doc, Pierce, and Ray...all back.

Now DA start working your magic and get us a solid bench, and hopefully steal us a good player with the Sheed contract.

Offline MR.BOMB

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2
looks like it's 10 mill per year for 2 years (20 mill total).

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
^ Yeah it's kinda misleading. They should have said a 2 yr/20 mil deal. Maybe because the 2nd year is a player option
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
looks like it's 10 mill per year for 2 years (20 mill total).

Right , sry I probably worded it wrong, but I realize its 10 mil a year, that's still a steal for ray. He could have easily gotten 3/30 or 4/40 from Mia,NY or ChI

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
It's not the 10 mil a year that's a steal, but the 2 year contract. He wanted at least a 3 year deal but would have probably been paid less per year. Shrewd move by Danny. Now we only have Rondo and PP (Not sure about Bradley) on the books in 2 years so we have room to sign some legit free agents.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
On second thought, after being a little wary of PP for 4 years, having PP around two years from now may actually be a good thing.  Yes, there's less cap space then; however, a free agent is more likely to come here to join Rondo and Pierce than Rondo and nobody. 

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
On second thought, after being a little wary of PP for 4 years, having PP around two years from now may actually be a good thing.  Yes, there's less cap space then; however, a free agent is more likely to come here to join Rondo and Pierce than Rondo and nobody. 

That means the C's would be letting Perk and BBD walk for nothing after this season. I don't really see that happening.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas

That means the C's would be letting Perk and BBD walk for nothing after this season. I don't really see that happening.

True.  However, they can control what happens with them.  They could try one year extensions or try to trade them in two years after re-upping.  Even then, Pierce and Rondo should account for what, 28-30 million?  Even if BBD and Perk bring us to 40-42, we'd still have enough for a current max contract in this year's cap. 

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Kudos to Ray and Paul for taking big paycuts in order to help the team and show their loyalty. Pierce got 4 years so it's a good deal for him but I was litterally shocked to see that Ray agreed to 2 years for "only" 10 million per season! He got a player option though but still, great move from his part.

Both could have played the waiting game and benefited from a big, overpaid contract from a team that missed on the Lebron & Wade. Love their commitment to the Celtics and I hope they bring banner 18 next year!

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's not the 10 mil a year that's a steal, but the 2 year contract. He wanted at least a 3 year deal but would have probably been paid less per year. Shrewd move by Danny. Now we only have Rondo and PP (Not sure about Bradley) on the books in 2 years so we have room to sign some legit free agents.

Maybe, but there won't be any good FA available. Durant just re-signed 5y/85m, and Melo will probably take that 3y/65m that Denver has offered.

Some PG's (Rose/Westbrook)and players like Brook Lopez/Kevin Love, all restricted FA, that's about it.
Same in 2013 (Paul/Williams)and a bunch of restricted FA not much else, unless players opt out of their current/new deals.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
So far so good.

Now DA start working your magic and get us a solid bench, and hopefully steal us a good player with the Sheed contract.

come on Danny, you gotta bring Scal back next

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
So far so good.

lol I wouldn't mind if we got rid of Scal along with Quis, Finley and Sheldon.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
So far so good.

If they get O'Neal and the other bigs go elsewhere, I wouldn't mind giving Shelden a second run.  He looked bad in his last playoff game, but there were times where he looked pretty good last year.  If it comes down to him or some other bum, we might as well take the bum who knows the system. 

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
So far so good.

If they get O'Neal and the other bigs go elsewhere, I wouldn't mind giving Shelden a second run.  He looked bad in his last playoff game, but there were times where he looked pretty good last year.  If it comes down to him or some other bum, we might as well take the bum who knows the system. 
Yeah, I would be happy enough with Shelden coming back too. He wouldn't be my first option for the role but he is on the list. He is a serviceable player as a sixth big in the depth chart.