Author Topic: Tremont Waters named G-League ROY  (Read 2257 times)

Tremont Waters named G-League ROY
« on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Some good news!

Chris Forsberg
@ChrisForsberg_
Boston Celtics 2-way player Tremont Waters was named the NBA G-League Rookie of the Year today for his with the
@maineredclaws

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Tremont Waters named G-League ROY
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
TP to Donoghus for hoops related post!

Not sure if this means Waters has no chance in the NBA or he'll be the Celtics back up PG next year.

I am unsure of anything "G League" right now.

Anyways, I watched him play in G league and he was very good.

He is ROY voted by head coaches and GMs and this group of individuals know more about projecting a young player than I do thus? Kemba needs the night off?

"Starting at point guard out of LSU...number 51....Tremont Waters..."

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 02:50:19 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Not sure if this means Waters has no chance in the NBA or he'll be the Celtics back up PG next year.

He is ROY voted by head coaches and GMs and this group of individuals know more about projecting a young player than I do thus? Kemba needs the night off?

See the announcement when it mentions Waters as the fourth crustacean to be named ROY. how did the other three do so far?

So, nice honor, but i do not take it as indicative of anything in particular.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He has shot to take over Brad Wannamaker role next season IMO.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

See the announcement when it mentions Waters as the fourth crustacean to be named ROY. how did the other three do so far?

Abdel Nader, Tim Frazier and DeShawn Sims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_G_League_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

Nader has seemed to establish himself in the NBA with OKC at least.  He appeared in 61 games this last year.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »

Offline Psoas The Great

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'm happy for Tre.

I absolutely LOVE watching him play, I think he can be a solid back up on a good/great team down the line. I just think he's a complete player despite his size. I hope we hold on to him, I could easily see him playing Wanamaker's role next year.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Nader has seemed to establish himself in the NBA with OKC at least.  He appeared in 61 games this last year.

Tim Frazier has also had a pretty good career thus far. Nothing spectacular, but very good considering that he was a UDFA. He doesn't have a big role with Detroit this year, but he was averaging ~20 mpg in his 3 seasons in New Orleans

I certainly hope Tremont can be more than that, but if your #51 pick has a career like Tim Frazier then you came out ahead
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 08:13:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He has shot to take over Brad Wannamaker role next season IMO.

fingers crossed

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Just a hunch, but I think Waters would be our 3rd string point-guard if certain promises weren't made to Wanamaker.

I'm pretty sure Wanamaker would've been back in Europe if he had gotten some assurances that he'd get to play more.

Waters has looked really solid every time I've seen him, he's got a great feel for the game.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 10:40:09 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
If Cs don’t draft a PG then I predict we see smart getting more PG minutes, Romeo essentially taking Wannamakers min, and Waters as the 3rd pg.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 09:58:15 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Tim Frazier has also had a pretty good career thus far. Nothing spectacular, but very good considering that he was a UDFA. He doesn't have a big role with Detroit this year, but he was averaging ~20 mpg in his 3 seasons in New Orleans

I certainly hope Tremont can be more than that, but if your #51 pick has a career like Tim Frazier then you came out ahead
i agree. indeed, if your second round pick plays any nba minutes, you have done well. so, while i have constrained hopes for waters, the celtics did well in choosing him.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva