Author Topic: How will the Celtics do in the first 8 games back.  (Read 3575 times)

Re: How will the Celtics do in the first 8 games back.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
3-5

They didn't have the best chemistry before the shut down. Don't see them getting it together till game 4.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 04:26:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Have we seen a schedule yet?

I think the biggest variable is going to be, who stayed in shape during this period? The layoff and return might benefit younger guys who can get back into playing shape faster than older guys. But it might also benefit older guys who have been more disciplined and are more likely to have home facilities. 

I guess it'll depend on the individual.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

I think the biggest variable is going to be, who stayed in shape during this period? The layoff and return might benefit younger guys who can get back into playing shape faster than older guys. But it might also benefit older guys who have been more disciplined and are more likely to have home facilities. 

the only thing i have seen thus far says that teams will play their normal schedule of games, skipping those team who are not making the playoffs. is this correct? i don't know.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

the only thing i have seen thus far says that teams will play their normal schedule of games, skipping those team who are not making the playoffs. is this correct? i don't know.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay/2020/06/10/2020-nba-season-restart-schedule-participants-playoff-odds-news-on-basketballs-return-to-play/#6269a331745b

The restart of the 2020 NBA regular season will be a 16-day affair beginning on July 31, with five to six games played per day during that span and each team playing one back-to-back.

Opponents:
BOSTON CELTICS: vs. Bucks, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Wizards, Blazers, Grizzlies, Heat

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay/2020/06/10/2020-nba-season-restart-schedule-participants-playoff-odds-news-on-basketballs-return-to-play/#6269a331745b

The restart of the 2020 NBA regular season will be a 16-day affair beginning on July 31, with five to six games played per day during that span and each team playing one back-to-back.

Opponents:
BOSTON CELTICS: vs. Bucks, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Wizards, Blazers, Grizzlies, Heat

Bucks vs Celtics would be a great NBA re-opening national TV game.

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 09:57:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I say 5-3.  Maybe they win one of the Bucks / Toronto games, but they drop a couple others that they should win.

I doubt we catch Toronto, and I doubt Miami catches us.  With no home games, no fans though, only advantage of getting the 2 seed is playing the Nets vs the 76ers.

This will be such a unique situation for these games, I am expecting the unexpected though.  The main losers in all of this are the top 2-3 seeds in each conf who no longer have a home court advantage. 

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

Opponents:

Bucks vs Celtics would be a great NBA re-opening national TV game.

Yeah that would be a nice way to start it off, ending with a C's win, and a little boost going into the playoffs.