Author Topic: Our Young guys and Brad -the USA Experience -and last years crop  (Read 890 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Brad has been very successful in getting vets careers back on track It's a credit to Danny Ainge in his picking high character hard working draft choices
To me, it started back with Marcus Smart and his series of injuries .Not run of the mill but the result of his intense style of play .Brad never lost faith in Marcus, never really constrained his shot selection and Marcus has rewarded now at both ends of court and under a great contract .Jaylen had his best season yet and is making Danny Ainge look Red Auerbach" lucky." Can't shoot, bad finisher ,bad handle and lacks court vision  .And then each season the list grew shorter, and Jaylen just had his most effective season.
.Jason Tatum another Auerbachian style move for Danny. Trading number 0NE PICK
The Celtics got lucky and were a perfect fit for Kemba, as he has Celtic DNA in his blood.

The Celtics got lucky, this time Kemba, Marcus, Jalen and Jason all make Team USA under POP who is a big friend/fan of Brads. This rescued our young core from the Kyrie experiment.

Danny finally gets a big that can jump with length, a shot blocker that can run the court and he red shirts a year. Got a life coach  and adjust to NBA.

The Celtics and Danny had a big draft and I add in Timelord in his 2nd year. Romeo coming off rehab and then a rash of injuries was showing flashes and held his own defensively.,Grant Williams even with stops and starts was always playing hard.
Carson Edwards struggled. So what there is so much to learn and adjust to at NBA level. The speed, length ,athleticism ,travel , number of games,playing of the bench and he lost his..
shot and struggled finishing. Welcome to the NBA rookies.

A unique season as team building was a priority.
It seems the rookies got development time on a contending team and I think that the recent judging of rookies too harsh ,too soon and flavoured with bias .

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:09:28 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Our Young guys and Brad -the USA Experience -and last years crop
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I like Brad, but no.  I credit the players for their own progress.

Re: Our Young guys and Brad -the USA Experience -and last years crop
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:07:32 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Surfer--- Doesn't Brads demeaner, and knowledge of game inspire players. Not only inspire but put them in positions to succeed.
Also isn't it a bonus to be in winning culture not being force fed and  developing bad habits but learning to play and think the right way.
How many rookies fail expectations from facing the best night after night and being on a lottery team.?
How many teams would supply a life coach  and let a player absorb what he could from the bench ?.

i'll use Evan Turner, what would he have turned out like if he was drafted by Celtics vs Philly?
What if Timelord went to a lottery team with his immaturity and injury issues. Out of league from injuries maybe?
What would have happened if Jaylen Brown went lottery to a bad team-he might be in m Medical School now?
 What is a winning culture worth?
 What is a coach that treats players like professionals and men worth? What is a Celtics organization worth in a players development? From the practice facility to trainers and coaches .Even the nearby Red Claws to get playing time after bench rust or an injury.