Author Topic: What a chokejob  (Read 4952 times)

What a chokejob
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558
pathetic. 17 point lead blown. :(

we get in a bind and everyone gives up trying to score in the paint. no more dribble drives or dishes, no more posting up. We need another guy who can post up and score down low. I did like the fact KG was not just doing turnaround jumpers in the paint but he was driving to the rim. Green seemed to play well also along with JET. .500 ballclub. Dr Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Re: What a chokejob
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
It's like they said to hell with ball movement let's go 1-on-1!

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

it's almost like they were playing without their star point guard who averages 13 assists a night.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

it's almost like they were playing without their star point guard who averages 13 assists a night.

still a chokejob anyway you slice it and dice it. Should not have lost.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Huh?

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Welcome to the Celtics 2012-2013. If you expect more from this team you will be sadly disappointed. Here to the near future when we can rebuild and watch exiting young players who have the desire, energy and athleticism to play basketball. This? This year? Nah! I've watched jsut about every team in the NBA this year, and they play with energy, excitement and a will and desire to win.

Watching this years geriatrics and heartless fools is akin to getting teeth pulled

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

we get in a bind and everyone gives up trying to score in the paint. no more dribble drives or dishes, no more posting up. We need another guy who can post up and score down low. I did like the fact KG was not just doing turnaround jumpers in the paint but he was driving to the rim. Green seemed to play well also along with JET. .500 ballclub. Dr Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.

Dude that lead was in the first quarter before the other team scored. Basketball does that sometimes.

We have rondo and we win that game. Simple as that.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Welcome to the Celtics 2012-2013. If you expect more from this team you will be sadly disappointed. Here to the near future when we can rebuild and watch exiting young players who have the desire, energy and athleticism to play basketball. This? This year? Nah! I've watched jsut about every team in the NBA this year, and they play with energy, excitement and a will and desire to win.

Watching this years geriatrics and heartless fools is akin to getting teeth pulled

huh? sure a loss sucks, but Im not sure watching this game if you can say we had no energy/desire/athleticism..

Green/Lee were playing some of their best BBall...unfortunately in the end a bad call on garnett turned the game around.

I will take a loss like this ANY DAY of the week over the one from the Nets..now that game they didnt come out to play at all

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Not really. We had an offensive call against us in which we would have gone up by 5 with a minute left.

Did you see that call? It was awkward. One of those calls where you think "wait those are the tough judgment calls we hear about the refs having to make"

The game was over and he took that away. It might as well been with 5 seconds left

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Should?  Perhaps not.  But after watching the Celtics a lot over the past few years, a night like this is not surprising in the least.  Deja vu.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Dude that lead was in the first quarter before the other team scored. Basketball does that sometimes.

We have rondo and we win that game. Simple as that.

i do not make excuses.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I won't call it a choke job, but when a team is up 16 points at the end of the first quarter, and when said team is supposed to be a quality team (even without its all star point guard), it should be able to win said game. And, said team should not turn around and allow the opposition to score 36 points in the second quarter. Not a choke job, but a game that it should have won. They just cannot bury people anymore -- two times this year they have done it in 17 games.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 11:22:20 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
I am not sure about anyone else, but an 1st half 17 point lead can't really be considered a choke job.  A choke is when you lead in the early 4th quarter by 17.  This was a back and forth game from really the end of the 2nd quarter.

I thought we played well most of the night.  We are going to lose some games, and I would prefer that we play well rather than stink it up like we did against the nets the other night.

The C's started off playing great d, with great aggressiveness.  I agree we went to too much 1 on 1.  When we move on offense and move the ball good things happen.  Bucks shot horribly which gave us the lead, but they got back into it quickly.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
This seems to be an issue with back to backs like they have had in the past.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Kg was just cooked in the 4th quarter- I was surprised considering he didn't have too many minutes against the Blazers.
The Bucks hit some tough shots too and the officiating was slightly in their favor tonight(it was their home court so you have to be weary of this going in as usual though).

Green, Terry and Lee were all good.
Lee just can't buy a jumpshot- thought he was gonna have a huge game after his first quarter.

They targeted marquis too much with Pierce in my opinion and should have gone to Green and KG in the post a little more.

Oh well 1-1 while Rondo was out and Green looks to have found a little form- the basketball is going in and he's finishing well.
Couldn't ask for too much more considering it was a back to back without Rondo.

Our defense in first quarter was awesome too.
We just lost our legs in the 2nd half.

Tonight showed how old KG and Pierce are getting.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.